“What a View!!! What a Cabin!!! What a Time!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sugar Ridge Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Sugar Ridge Resort
You added Sugar Ridge Resort to your Saves list
1216 Dam Site Road, Eureka Springs, AR 72631   |
Route 66
“What a View!!! What a Cabin!!! What a Time!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

This was my second visit in a few months. Very spacious cabins withan incredible view of Beaver Lake. Great friendly info at check in. I highly recommend Sugar Ridge for a relaxing peaceful getaway. The fall colors were awesome!! Plenty of birds and wildlife to enjoy!

Not sure about the last review if they were even at the same place. I was not attacked by any deer or raccoons, nor did I encounter any dirt roads, (finely packed gravel, and it is very wide)...Unless you are the kind of driver that takes up both lanes and then some, no need to worry about driving off anything!! O yes, there is a rather large light near the office as well.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

About a week prior to my anniversary, as a surprise to my husband, I booked a two night's stay at Sugar Ridge Resort in Eureka Springs AR. I did see the 30 day cancellation policy upon booking. I saw the photos and aminities the resort had to offer with its beutiful scenery and lake view, Yet, I was not prepared have to share my visit with deer and racoons all around. As we began up the long dirt road leading to the resort, I became a bit nervous because I didn't see any lighting for nighttime safety (both sides of the road had a HUGE dorpoff). Then as we checked in the front desk clerk began to warn us about the nice deer and recoons that visit after dark to find food from the visitors. My nerves turned to fright at that point. I like nature and animals just as much as the next person, however, I know that deer carry ticks and racoons can sometimes be not so friendly. And if we planned to leave for dinner and return after dark, we should be very careful because of the absence of lighting. So, by this time, my husband knowing that I am terrified, spoke to the front desk clerk and asked if it was possible to check out and at least get 1/2 of our payment. the clerk reminded him of the policy and told him he'd try to re-book the room (but he was doubtful about filling it). Nevertheless, we checked out of the resort and went to find another hotel for the night. So, I'll tell all of my friends that unless you want to share your stay with animals, i do not recommend Sugar Ridge Resort.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Richard C, Owner at Sugar Ridge Resort, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
I am very sorry to hear of your experience. Its true that our cabins are situated high above the lake and yes there is a downhill slope one the lake side of our driveway which allows us to enjoy a dramatic lake view. Please know that our road is 20 feet wide and there is a 5 foot grass border that edges up on the lake side. We have never had any problems with loosing a guest to the hillside. Our property sits on 75 acres which has a 1,700 acre state park on one side and the 28,000 acre Beaver Lake on the other. This provides an excellent chance to see wildlife. It is common to see Whitetail deer, Raccoon's and Red or Silver Foxes as well as the occasional American Bald Eagle around the cabins. The wildlife has become a part of our family as many guest enjoy watching the foxes and raccoon when they come around to pay a visit. Its a real treat to be so close to nature. The animals do keep there distance and we have never had an instance of wildlife harassing people.
My biggest concern with this review is the safety issue concerning lighting. Being so remotely located it does get dark at night. Without city lights we enjoy some amazing star filled sky's. But with that said I would like everyone to know that we have 6 dusk to dawn street lights that are mounted on poles between the cabins. Each cabin including the suite which this guest stayed in has exterior lighting on all decks, entryways and stairways. Our guests safety is VERY important to us. I know that being in a setting so far away from the city may be uncomfortable for a few people but that's what makes Sugar Ridge what it is. Its a place to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life. We hope you will enjoy these wonderful features as we do.
Rich C
Pontotoc, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Very quite and peaceful with a great view!! My husband and I went for our anniversary and it was a very romantic. The cabin was very clean and everyone was very nice and helpful. We would stay again for sure!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Fayetteville, Arkansas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Funny to see comments about the raccoons. We had a visit too. Left some cashews out on the porch where we watched a gorgeous sunset on the lake... We had a visitor help eat what we left :-)

Mostly, I want to thank how they worked with me. Wayne is an awesome customer service oriented individual!! I called at the last minute and he was able to work us in for the day we needed. Then we got caught up in our time together in Eureka and were late checking in. He called me to check in on our arrival. I was apologizing for being late. He was telling me not to worry. All was good. And accommodated our late arrival.

We had a wonderful time. The deck view was awesome in the evening as well as for morning coffee! No, it is not a slick high-tech uber-suite. But that is NOT what we wanted. It was - for a reasonable price - just what we needed. A nice clean getaway from the world.

We talked to the personnel the morning we left and promised we would be back for a winter visit. Watching Bald Eagles from the porch and hitting the jacuzzi sounds like a most wonderful winter getaway.

Wayne. Thank you. I hope you remember who I am. You were outstanding in all you did. And yes, I think "8" may be my new luck number.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

We stopped here on a whim and were so glad we did. We spent most of our time sitting outside soaking up the incredible view of Beaver Lake. We slept good and thoroughly enjoyed feeding the raccoons that stopped by each night for handouts. The room was clean, although not updated. The manager was very friendly. All in all I would reccomend this place, we certainly want to come back.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Carthage, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Sugar Ridge and we could not have picked a better place to unwind and enjoy God's beautiful creations.....The staff is friendly and helpful. Its nice being away from everything, but not too far from restaurants and such. The drive to Eureka Springs was only about 15 minutes. We loved being able to be so close to Beaver Lake, just a few minutes and we were in the water. You have to pay a day pass about $4.00, its good all day. The water is clear and refreshing. I would recommend this place!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I absolutely loved Sugar Ridge. The staff was extremely friendly. The cabin was beautiful and spotless and view was just amazing! I will absolutely return soon.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Sugar Ridge Resort? Share your experiences!