“Great Passion Play” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Performances
More attraction details
Owner description: Performed from May through October, The Great Passion Play in Eureka Springs, Arkansas is "America's #1 Attended Outdoor Drama." Since 1968, the Play has been seen by over 7.7 Million people from all over the world. The Play is performed beneath the night sky by a cast of around 150 actors and many live animals as well. Our hope and prayer is to make the Scriptures come alive! THE BIBLE MUSEUM is open every day except Sunday, 10:00am until 5:00pm. On days of Play performances, the Museum is open until 8:00pm (7:00pm after Labor Day). SACRED ARTS MUSEUM - Open every day before the Play from 11:00am - 8:00pm (after Labor Day until 7:00pm). Non-play days by appointment. THE HOLY LAND TOUR - a two-and-a-half-hour to three-hour guided tour. Guests are transported back in time as they walk through a full-sized replica of the East Jerusalem Gate and Marketplace to Biblically inspired exhibits which include Moses' Tabernacle in the Wilderness, Bethlehem Inn and the Nativity, the Upper Room, the Garden Tomb, the Walk with Peter, and other exhibits which depict life in Bible times. All exhibits have been researched archaeologically and historically for authenticity. Tours run on day of Play performances from 12:00pm-4:00pm. There is walking at each stop. The longest time walking at any one stop is approximately thirty minutes.
Diboll, Texas
“Great Passion Play”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This was amazing.....we arrived around 4:00 pm in the afternoon and wished we had come earlier....This was so real life...it rained while we were there and that made it even more real!!! Worth the money!!!
The food to purchase is very reasonable as well!!

Thibodaux
9 attraction reviews
“worth the trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is so well done. the stage, actors, script etc... all were very well done. it is so nice to experience something that openly gives honor to the Lord. Thank you for this gift.

Springdale, Arkansas
11 attraction reviews
“Great show!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The last week of Christ's life on a hugh stage! This production is very good and a must see. The area is nice on the side of the hill with a hugh amphatheater. Don't miss this show!

Visited June 2012
Dublin, Ohio
59 attraction reviews
“Still The Greatest Story Ever Told!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

As a parent, a grandparent and a pastor I am always looking for ways to make the story of the life,death and resurrection of Jesus relatable to people. I initially learned about the Great Passion Play on our first trip to Branson several years ago. We decided to include the experience of The Great Passion Play as a part of our trip to Branson this week. After viewing the website http://GreatPassionPlay.com and determining that it is approximately an hour from Branson to Eureka Springs, Arkansas (depending on your starting point in and around Branson,) we made our plans to attend.

The "day long" experience includes The Living Bible Tour, a walking tour featuring a life-size replica of the Wilderness Tabernacle and various "first person" talks by several Biblical characters, including Moses,Ruth, Mary, and Simon Peter. A good plan would include arriving around noon to be certain not to miss the last tour at 1:00 p.m.

Arriving earlier would allow leisurely visiting the Sacred Art Exhibit, The Bible Exhibit (a truly impressive collection of Bibles), Also interesting to see are the Christ of the Ozarks statue, the Little Church in the Grove and the Berlin Wall Exhibit, containing the largest known single segment of the Berlin Wall.

I determined that the best decision for us was to purchase the "Value Package" on the website http://GreatPassionPlay.com This includes the Great Passion Play, the Top of the Mountain Dinner Theater, the Living Bible Tour, the Bible Museum Exhibit, and the Sacred Art Exhibit.

The dinner theater is a pleasant experience, typical of this type of format. The featured group, the Texans, provide a good blend of gospel music and comedy. This is worth including as a part of your experience.

Between dinner and the Passion play, "The Shepherd" and "The Potter" are two first person presentations that are informative, entertaining as well as inspirational.

The Passion Play, an hour and forty-five minutes, presents the last week in Jesus’ life in a well-written, well-staged, fast moving format.

All day yesterday I kept asking myself a question: “Why would I want to come here, and would I encourage others to come and have this experience?” I learned a few interesting facts yesterday, but every Christian knows the story. I think it is the creative ways the story is presented and the sincerity and commitment of the people involved in various aspects of the experience that make this a truly authentic experience, one I would definitely do again.

I also asked myself who I would encourage to experience the Great Passion Play. I would encourage all Christians. The best analogy I can think of is the line from the hymn, I Love To Tell The Story," The line goes,"I love to tell the story to those who know it best..." It is the greatest story, and it does us good to hear it and experience it again and again.

I would encourage Christians to bring people who are nominal in their faith or new to the Christian faith. The story is told powerfully. Bring people you love, and let the story speak to them. Bring your children and grandchildren. Discuss what you will be seeing, and then discuss the experience afterwards.

Pastors, bring church groups Youth Pastors, bring youth groups and and confirmation classes. What a great trip for a small group fellowship or a Bible study group. Study the passion beforehand, and integrate this incredible experience into a time to build fellowship with your group . This would make a great focus for a church planning and goal setting retreat.

Eureka Springs is a charming town with an interesting history. You could make this a destination. You can also easily make this a part of a trip to Branson. We were in Eureka Springs about 9 hours, and this included lunch and shopping in Eureka Springs. We are staying in Branson and had no problem beginning and ending our day back in Branson.

I have to say the Great Passion Play exceeded my expectations. It is not the most technologically sophisticated production you will ever see. It is a very moving portrayal of what I am convinced is the greatest story ever told. Outdoor drama is a powerful medium, and the overall setting and related experiences enhance the presentation of the message.

Since the Great Passion Play opened in 1968, what I am really suggesting is that you consider re-discovering this incredible treasure. At a time when we are struggling to come to terms with our core beliefs, this seems an ideal time for Christians to utilize this amazing way to experience our core beliefs all over again.

Little Rock, Arkansas
47 attraction reviews
“A Must See!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is such a unique and interesting place. If you love the Lord Jesus Christ then this is place you'll enjoy to stop at and experience. Lots to do from the gift shop to the mock up of ancient Israel to the huge Christ of the Ozarks Statue to the play itself. Right in the Eureka Springs area too.

Visited August 2012