“Friendly experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Regency Inn

Regency Inn
You added Regency Inn to your Saves list
Regency Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4045 East Van Buren, Hwy 62 East, Eureka Springs, AR 72631 (Formerly Super 8)   |
Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Friendly experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

I was a bit nervous to stay here after reading the reviews but you can't judge a book by its cover. Everyone will have there bad moments, that's a given. As for my family our stay was definitely up to par for the priced we paid! The owners were extremely polite and very friendly. Our room was clean and we had no issues. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Joplin, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This is the worst place I have ever stayed. Upon entering our room there was urine and toilet paper in the toilet. The air conditioner was off so the room was extremely hot. Towels are not placed in the bathroom by the shower but in the main room. They were very rough and the wash clothes were so thin you could see through them. A note is posted on the mirror stating that each room is only allowed so many towels. After cleaning, a roll of toilet paper was left on the bedside table. Not all the towels were replaced and the floor not vacuumed. The walls were so thin that you could hear everything in the rooms around and above. Blackout curtains were a joke. The light coming in was like being in the daylight.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Managers are great folks. We had a horrible experience at Swiss Village Inn and came here. It was the night before our wedding so we needed a good night's rest and we got it. Clean, quiet room. Very comfortable king size bed, fridge, microwave and flat screen TV. The only issue is my wife and I were wanting to split the room onto two credit cards and the clerk put both rooms on one but tried to cancel it. It's still pending at my bank so we will see how that turns out. Definitely staying here again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Regency I, General Manager at Regency Inn, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
We're so happy to learn you had a great time here in Eureka. We sincerely thank you for taking time to post your review. Entire staff wishes you good luck and hope to see you again. Your generosity for a staff member was much appreciated. Thanks once again from all of us.
Texarkana, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

This was the worst hotel that I have ever stayed in. The manager and the owner were both unreasonable in providing customer service in cleaning the room that we stayed in. They would not vacuum the floor, which was full of bugs and they would not provide clean sheets on the bed. Furthermore, when we asked for these services to be provided, we were told to leave the hotel and the lights were turned off in the room we were staying in. It took a call to the local police to get a refund for being kicked out of the hotel. I'm told the these same people own 15 different hotels in Eureka Springs, and I would advise everyone to avoid all 15 of their hotels

Room Tip: Do not go to any hotel owned by these people!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Regency I, Owner at Regency Inn, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
I as a owner of Regency Inn would like TripAdvisor review committee to remove above selected review. Below is an explanation of why we're requesting such action.

Valued guest had booking for two nights. On the second day there room was cleaned with our typical maid service for people spending another night. Upon returning back to the hotel, guest called around 11:00 PM and complained about bed being made with same sheets and carpet not vacuumed. Owner personally took new sheets to the room and apologized . Male guest's firs comment 'The sheets were not changed you should give us a refund', at this point I saw that carpet was not dirty like guest is making it sound. Guest commented 'we need you to make bed because we are not able to'. My response ' This is a king size bed and it's much easier and faster with two people' especially since I do not do daily housekeeping. I requested they give me 10-15 minutes until my wife comes back from town. Lady guest made a sarcastic comment which told me she is demanding I make the bed immediately. At this point I realized these people are being unreasonable and may be after a free night stay and even if I make the bed, they may find other complaints in morning. As a result, I decide to give them full refund for one night ( 11:00). Having the Police out there was not even necessary since I am the one who suggested they leave with refund because I did not want anymore issues from these guests in morning.
I have been in business at this place for over 12 years and we not only value guests opinion but learn from them as well. But reviews w/o any merits are an injustice to hotel owners, as a result I humbly request you to remove it. Thank you for cooperation and should you need additional information, please feel free to call me at 479-253-5959.

Nixa, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Picked this hotel based on trip advisor ratings but did not meet our expectations for the price. Stayed for two nights. Frig, microwave and coffee maker worked in room, however, towels in room did not even smell clean and was skimpy. Took a shower and stood in ankle deep water during the entire shower. Shampoo was in a tear packet and would have only lasted for one person, so take your own bathroom needs. Would not have walked across carpet in bare feet even though we did see housekeeping vacuum. There were dead insects on window sill and bedsheets were stained. Had to request new ones. On side of building it states ice and vending machines on other side. Guess what ... one ice machine NO vending and the ice machine was constantly jamming and had to get manager to come and fix. Happened to other guests also and there was no lighting in the little cubby hole where it was located. Paid a price for what we thought should be a decent room but trust me, it was NOT renovated. Continental breakfast was a your typical style, but the desk clerk did keep the coffee made. It is only about 2 miles from downtown Eureka so not too far to travel and the trolley does stop out front. Will probably look to stay somewhere else next year when we go down.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Jonesboro, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I spent three nights here as I was involved in a nearby retreat. The Regency Inn is an older property (common in the Eureka Springs area) and was not expected to be a fabulous motel. It was very clean and the young guys who manned the front desk were friendly and efficient. The towels were small and thin and the shampoo came in a tear-open packet. The price, however, was definitely in the budget range. Since my retreat included food, I did not avail myself of the breakfast, which did appear to be meager. All in all, the motel met my needs.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Beamsville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Picked this location from the positive reviews on Trip Advisor. The room was more than adequate and after a long hot motorcycle ride in 90 plus degree heat the pool was a refreshing break. The breakfast was typical continental, with enough selection to get you going in the morning. The only issues some may have is the distance from the actual downtown, about 2 miles. Also, if you want to eat something other than fast food, you should plan on being in a restaurant by 7, as most close by 8. This was good value when compared to other hotels in Eureka Springs. We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Regency Inn? Share your experiences!