“A mixed review” 3 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Eureka Springs
Alpine Lodge
Save Saved
You added Alpine Lodge to your Saves list
2038 E Van Buren Hwy 62 E, Eureka Springs, AR 72632   |
Ranked #35 of 36 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Springfield, Mo
“A mixed review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

My review is half and half. Well, the old man owner is a gripy man. The wife is as sweet as can be. I rented a room with a jacuzzi and the man just kept stressing, "If you turn it on I'll know. I'll know and I'll charge you". Way too over the top. He wasn't helpful at all. If it wasn't for the sweet as can be wife, the location, and the value then I wouldn't recommend the place based on his rude behavior but she makes up for it. It is an excellent value compared to everything else overpriced. So..if you are going there to spend all your time indoors book a bed and breakfast. If you want a decent room close to everything that is cheap, this is your place. I'll always be going here from now on.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

We were just staying in Eureka Springs for a night and was just following the strip. We had been aiming for the America's Best Value Inn next door but was completely underwhelmed by the smokey office, lax service, and the room key that didn't work. So we passed on that place and hopped next door. We're very happy we did. The lady in front was cheery and it was nicely decorated. I won't say the room felt spotless, but that's just cause we're paranoid. The only issue we had was that we wanted to use a couple extra blankets and they had forgotten to store the extra blankets in the dresser. But otherwise, no problems, we got a nice big king size bed and a nice big room for a great price.

If you are here in this area, make sure to visit Thorncrown Chapel, it is an absolute gems of American architecture.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Topeka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011 via mobile

We have been coming to Eureka Springs for years and wonder how we ever missed this value. Very reasonably priced compared to other motels in this town. The rooms were very clean, staff was friendly, and it's close to shopping and the music show! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

My husband and i stayed the weekend of bikes,blues and bbq.The owners were very nice,the room was clean.A very good rate for a clean room with a coffee maker,fridge and blow dryer.One of the few hotels on a special weekend that did not raise rates.The owner went out early in the morning and left a towel on every motorcycle for the riders to use.We had a great weekend at the Alpine and will stay with them again.

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

Centrally located, one of the newest hotels in all of Eureka Springs, WIFI, trolley stop, in room coffee, phones, TV, extra large rooms. Clean and friendly. Quiet wooded view rooms in the back. Best Stay for your Buck

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

last minute choice.just traveling through.all they had was a suite left we were told,so ok, a suite should be nice................wrong....opened the door to stench.. bad..ok well,lets turn the air on to help. nope no help there,,opened the little frig to see mildew and more smell.it had been left off..that was enough for me.went down to complain,and the manager starts yellin at me because i was complaining,,i managed to get a refund and my wife and i left....unbelievable,,,,terrible customer service and disgusting room.do not rent there...

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

We were in a hurry , we signed in, went up to the room, put our food in the fridge and left. When we got back we noticed the fridge wasn't cold. It wasn't on. I have never stayed at a place where they don't have the frige on since the room had been reserved in advance.

When we left I mentioned it to the elderly man that was behind the counter and he told me " You have to turn it on yourself". I told him I had never stayed at a place that didn't have it on. He said "I guess you want ever stay here again". I told him NO I will not. I thought that was very rude.

The fridge needs to be cold going in. You should have to wait for the fridge to cool down before you can put your food in. How long would that wait be?

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Alpine Lodge? Share your experiences!