“Sometimes The Boss Needs To Be Changed” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fly Rod Inn Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Eureka Springs
Fly Rod Inn Motel
14582 Highway 62 W, Eureka Springs, AR 72632   |
Ranked #17 of 36 hotels in Eureka Springs
Ada,Ok
“Sometimes The Boss Needs To Be Changed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My sister, wife and I stayed two nights at the Fly Rod Inn, about three miles west of Eureka Springs on Sep 07-08, 2012. The Fly Rod Inn is about to experience some changes. One recent change that has happened is that it has a new owner, and new management. The name will shortly change to Harley Country Inn. The managers (I'm not sure if they are also the owners), Harold and Kathy Stevenson, are two very nice people who go out of their way to make their guests welcome and have an enjoyable experience.

In the room we stayed, the motif was in keeping with that of fishing. We have been told that most of the beds have quilts on them that depict images of fishing related items, including the fish. Harold and Kathy will probably change that to one of motorcycles, as they pursue the business of motorcyclists. They already have a banner that announces they are motorcyclist friendly.

The beds were comfortable, and the room is a nice size. They provide a television with some type of cable or satellite service, offering many choices. On this particular weekend, we saw only one motorcycle at the inn. There was a scuba diving team that stayed there; Kathy said they have regularly come from Kansas City for several weekends.

The only drawback I have is that they allow smoking, and it was drastically emphasized when a man lit up a cigar outside about 10 PM Saturday night. That smoke replaced the wonderful night air with the nasty smell of that burning tobacco. Smokers may claim a right to smoke, but we have a NEED TO BREATHE. If you can tolerate the smoke, book with Kathy and Harold. Otherwise, go in to Eureka Springs and book at one of the places that advertise as 100% smoke free.

Room Tip: There is no fitness room or restaurant at the motel. There is a semblance of a restaurant across th...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I was going to Beaver Lake to get my check out dives done and I booked a room here because they took dogs and I have two. So My fiancee and I along with our two dogs, drove for over 4 hours to get to this place and arrived close to 10 pm. I walk up to the office to find out that they gave my room away to someone else. Even though I had called earlier the same day to make sure my reservation was still in the books and to let them know I was coming but that I would be there later at night because it is a 4 hour drive. (Mind you the women I talked to when I called didn't tell me that they where missing any information from me). Once I arrived the women I talked to on the phone (I could tell it was her because of her smokers voice) yelled for a guy to come help me, as she sat on the porch smoking. So this man comes up and tells me that he didn't have my phone number and he didn't have my cc number, even though I had given him all of this information the week before. He then proceeded to tell me that he had called my dive instructor and my instructor told him I was staying somewhere else. Which makes no sense because.... 1) how would my instructor know. 2) If he supposedly got that much information from my instructor then why wouldn't he have asked for my phone number so I could then be called and asked if I was still coming. The guy then told me that the room he had me in wasn't that nice anyway. I couldn't believe what I was hearing I mean who does that? Who gives someones room away and then tells them it is okay because the room isn't that nice????

This place is just crappy in every way, their is no customer service and they ruined everything. I had to go look for another motel at 10 o'clock at night. Once I found one I asked the front desk/owner and she told me that the Fly Rod Inn "looses" peoples reservations all the time. Just find somewhere else to stay. Eureka Springs is absolutely beautiful and if you want to enjoy your stay I suggest finding somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

I was a guest at the time of this incident. The couple showed up well after 10:00 pm. The man was yelling, screaming, and pounding on the door. He said his friend had paid for the room earlier in the day and that he had no money for the room. Then a woman showed up yelling that the manager owed her for 2 nights stay. If you read the mother and son's stories they conflict each other. I hope that the owners really investigated this incident before any action is taken. After all these are the only bad reviews you have. The manager was pleasant and very helpful during my stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Ozark, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

We stayed at the Fly Rod Inn during the weekend of Bikes, Blues, and BBQ. We really enjoyed our stay! The rooms were clean, the king-sized bed was very comfortable, the owners were present and quite accommodating, and the firepit out front was a fun way to get to know others staying at the Fly Rod that weekend. The Angler's Catfish House is directly across the highway and has great food and is very convenient. We plan on staying at the Fly Rod Inn again the next time we visit northwest Arkansas.

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

I had a great stay in this motel. Very quiet and nice area. The restuarant and bar across the street is very nice and close. Jennifer

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
KATY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011 via mobile

Good three star motel. Room was comfy with king bed and bathroom had new fixtures. They advertise wi-fi but I didn't find it here. TV is basic channels only. Kids would be bored here, but it was fine for me, passing through on a motorcycle trip.

• Stayed October 2011
eurekasprings, Owner at Fly Rod Inn Motel, responded to this review, October 14, 2011
We thank you for your stay at the Flyrod Inn. We had recently installed new Wi-Fi and we are sorry that you had any trouble locating it. The cable company does not service our country hills setting, so we really can't help the basic TV too much. You may have noticed we have many local choices, that is because we have a long range antenna installed. We hope you will come see us next time you are passing through. And if you have trouble getting your Wi-Fi let us know, and we will investigate the problem.
Clarksville, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

Im sorry im not at all impressed with this place at all, First off me and my wife had a friend reserve 1 room for a 2 night stay as our wedding gift a couple weeks ago...I called up Edward and he never answered and i waited at the office for about at hour when the open sign was clearly on, and he never showed. He finally called me back about 45 mins before my wedding and told me that if i could not make it up there before ten he would leave the key in the Drop in box and that we would talk in the morning. We were fine with this cause our reception was immediately after our wedding started at 7:00pm on the 17th of September our Reception ended around 9:30-9:45 we went straight up to the hotel to get our key. We showed up at around 10:10 and there was no Key in the drop in box. So we rang the doorbell and out came an intoxicated Edward. He told me how my friend who had already reserved and paid for the room "had not given him s***" and how she had lied to me about it when earlier that day he said everything was fine. He then proceeded to tell us that we were too late and there was a 24 hour cancellation policy and how he already sold the room cause i was "really late" (mind you we showed up 10 mins after 10, and he wanted us to show up at 10 if we could) he then tried to hook us up with a room at the joy which we declined...So i called up my best friend and had her come up there to figure all this out...when she got there Edward came out and they started arguing. WHen i tried to butt in about the phone conversation me and him had earlier that evening he told me "Shut up im talking to her" mind you this was on my wedding day. we got into a cussing match yelling back and forth with him saying he could talk to me however he pleases cause he's the hotel manager...so yeah...im not happy with this place...thanks for ruining my wedding day

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
As the Owners, we are hoping to be dealing privately with this nice gentleman and his new bride to refund their money ASAP and give them some perks to use in their home area now as our very sincere apology. As well as some free stay time after the Manager is dealt with ( and he is going to be dealt with in the most severe way), to come enjoy a free second honeymoon maybe sometime next season ?
Up till now, we have only had good reports from the customers on our Manager Edward as to how much fun they had with him, and how the rooms were very clean, etc, so we really appreciate your eye-opening post, and will fix this situation accordingly please be assured.

Best Regards, Owners Flyrod Inn

Been to Fly Rod Inn Motel? Share your experiences!