“repsonse to negative reviews” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fly Rod Inn Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Eureka Springs
Fly Rod Inn Motel
Save Saved
You added Fly Rod Inn Motel to your Saves list
14582 Highway 62 W, Eureka Springs, AR 72632   |
Ranked #20 of 36 hotels in Eureka Springs
chicago
“repsonse to negative reviews”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

I was a guest at the time of this incident. The couple showed up well after 10:00 pm. The man was yelling, screaming, and pounding on the door. He said his friend had paid for the room earlier in the day and that he had no money for the room. Then a woman showed up yelling that the manager owed her for 2 nights stay. If you read the mother and son's stories they conflict each other. I hope that the owners really investigated this incident before any action is taken. After all these are the only bad reviews you have. The manager was pleasant and very helpful during my stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Ozark, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

We stayed at the Fly Rod Inn during the weekend of Bikes, Blues, and BBQ. We really enjoyed our stay! The rooms were clean, the king-sized bed was very comfortable, the owners were present and quite accommodating, and the firepit out front was a fun way to get to know others staying at the Fly Rod that weekend. The Angler's Catfish House is directly across the highway and has great food and is very convenient. We plan on staying at the Fly Rod Inn again the next time we visit northwest Arkansas.

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

I had a great stay in this motel. Very quiet and nice area. The restuarant and bar across the street is very nice and close. Jennifer

KATY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011 via mobile

Good three star motel. Room was comfy with king bed and bathroom had new fixtures. They advertise wi-fi but I didn't find it here. TV is basic channels only. Kids would be bored here, but it was fine for me, passing through on a motorcycle trip.

• Stayed October 2011
eurekasprings, Owner at Fly Rod Inn Motel, responded to this review, October 14, 2011
We thank you for your stay at the Flyrod Inn. We had recently installed new Wi-Fi and we are sorry that you had any trouble locating it. The cable company does not service our country hills setting, so we really can't help the basic TV too much. You may have noticed we have many local choices, that is because we have a long range antenna installed. We hope you will come see us next time you are passing through. And if you have trouble getting your Wi-Fi let us know, and we will investigate the problem.
Clarksville, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

Im sorry im not at all impressed with this place at all, First off me and my wife had a friend reserve 1 room for a 2 night stay as our wedding gift a couple weeks ago...I called up Edward and he never answered and i waited at the office for about at hour when the open sign was clearly on, and he never showed. He finally called me back about 45 mins before my wedding and told me that if i could not make it up there before ten he would leave the key in the Drop in box and that we would talk in the morning. We were fine with this cause our reception was immediately after our wedding started at 7:00pm on the 17th of September our Reception ended around 9:30-9:45 we went straight up to the hotel to get our key. We showed up at around 10:10 and there was no Key in the drop in box. So we rang the doorbell and out came an intoxicated Edward. He told me how my friend who had already reserved and paid for the room "had not given him s***" and how she had lied to me about it when earlier that day he said everything was fine. He then proceeded to tell us that we were too late and there was a 24 hour cancellation policy and how he already sold the room cause i was "really late" (mind you we showed up 10 mins after 10, and he wanted us to show up at 10 if we could) he then tried to hook us up with a room at the joy which we declined...So i called up my best friend and had her come up there to figure all this out...when she got there Edward came out and they started arguing. WHen i tried to butt in about the phone conversation me and him had earlier that evening he told me "Shut up im talking to her" mind you this was on my wedding day. we got into a cussing match yelling back and forth with him saying he could talk to me however he pleases cause he's the hotel manager...so yeah...im not happy with this place...thanks for ruining my wedding day

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
As the Owners, we are hoping to be dealing privately with this nice gentleman and his new bride to refund their money ASAP and give them some perks to use in their home area now as our very sincere apology. As well as some free stay time after the Manager is dealt with ( and he is going to be dealt with in the most severe way), to come enjoy a free second honeymoon maybe sometime next season ?
Up till now, we have only had good reports from the customers on our Manager Edward as to how much fun they had with him, and how the rooms were very clean, etc, so we really appreciate your eye-opening post, and will fix this situation accordingly please be assured.

Best Regards, Owners Flyrod Inn
Eureka Springs, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

My son's friend paid for a room a couple of months in advance. It was to be a wedding present for them. My son called the manager and told him that he would be late in picking up the key. The manager told him that he would leave the key in the drop box. He closed the window at 10:OO pm. After their wedding was over he showed up at the place at 10:10 to pick up the key and enjoy their honeymoon. However, the key was not there. He knocked on the door and the manager asnsered the door. He was drunk. He told the kids that he sold their room because they were late. Well they already paid for the room and it was theirs. This takes place on their honeymoon night just after their wedding. He would not give them their money back and they paid for 2 nights. I suggest that everyone stay away from this place. This was their wedding night of all nights. They had to try and find another hotel to stay at. I suggest that everyone stay at the Stonegate hotel which is just down the road from this place. They made the kids feel extra special on their wedding night.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
As the Owners of the Flyrod Inn, we are attempting to contact your son and new bride to refund their money ASAP, and give them some perks to use in their home area now. As well as a free stay, maybe next season at the Flyrod Inn as a nice second honeymoon. The post from you and the new couple was very eye-opening for us we really appreciate knowing what is going on, and the Manager will be dealt with very soon. Up until now all the guests have only had nice things to say about our Manager. Please have them call us to arrange the repayment and perks at our Corp. office at 800-217-0898, ask for Flyrod owner. And we would appreciate a call from yourself, as a local of Eureka, to further apologize for the grief caused your family on such an important day.

Best Regards,
Owners, Flyrod Inn
Sarcoxie, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

I was resently married at the Crescent Hotel and instead of paying the high prices we decided our family and friends would stay at the Fly rod the price was excelent for the peak of torist season. Edward the inn keeper was so much fun and so helpful!!! The rooms were clean and the place was quite. The Angler resturaunt is across the street and was very convienant. They let us use thier bbq grill and even put our names on the sign.. when we go back to Eureka we will definatly stay at the FLYROD!

• Stayed July 2010

Been to Fly Rod Inn Motel? Share your experiences!