“Will Go Back” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Spider Creek Resort

Spider Creek Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Spider Creek Resort
You added Spider Creek Resort to your Saves list
8179 Highway 187, Eureka Springs, AR 72631   |
“Will Go Back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

If you are looking for a fancy resort, this is not the place for you. Luckily, it was exactly what we were looking for in a place to stay.

We just wanted a no-fuss place on the river to hang out and relax. We stayed in Cabin 6 - a studio cabin with a king bed - on the first week of September. Check-in was easy. The AC was not on in our cabin when we arrived, so we cranked it up and went to dinner. When we got back it was perfectly fine.

Bed is comfy. The tap water is not great. It smells like sulphur and causes the room to smell like it. if you drink a lot of water, i would buy some bottled water to keep in the fridge. It was fine to cook with and bathe in, though. We used the kitchen a lot to make meals. Pots, pans, dishes, cups and utensils were all there - along with coffee pot. Bathroom was roomy. View from the back deck is the river and it's amazing. Tv worked fine.

We took advantage of the canoe rental. It's only a 3- mile ride, but totally worth it. The river is beautiful and clear. There is also fishing access on the property. We did not have a lot of luck but it was fun.

• Stayed September 2012

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Fort Smith, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed in cabin 3 our first stay in 2011. We loved it. The cabin was clean and had everything we needed. We decided to stay in JMG this time around since we had such a good experience previously. This one had the hot tub and was one of the pricier cabins. We stayed for 4 nights. Unfortunately we had several issues. The a/c was on the fritz half the time and we couldn't set it below 80. The first night no one could take showers because the water hadn't been run in months and it was black water. We had to deal with the horrible smell the entire trip and run all of our hot water until the water was clear again. The cabin workers said to deal with it because it was earth sediment in the tanks. They should test the water before someone stays there. The worst part was the fold out couch had bed bugs. My friend went to the doctor when she came home for ointment and we called the desk as soon as we had confirmation of bed bugs. They were not concerned and didn't offer any kind of apology. They only said they didn't have a problem with bed bugs. Thankfully, I slept on the bed and didn't have any bites. We took precautions when we came home to make sure we didn't bring any more home with us. I couldn't believe the amount of money we spent and didn't have any kind of discount from the a/c, water or bed bugs. We will not be returning. I would suggest staying in another cabin until the fold out couch is replaced in jmg. If I wouldn't have spent an hour cleaning up bird poop off of the patio furniture, I would say the deck is definitely the best part of the cabin. It has an amazing view.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Cleveland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Cabin #6
Ups: Nice views of the White River, Everything you need supplied, A/C works well
Downs: Water smells like sulfur, Cabin has a slight dog or cat smell, Matress needed to be replaced a couple of years ago

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hurst, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed in Cabin 4 for three nights. The last night the electricity went off. There was no water either because of an electric pump. My husband was no able to use his sleep machine, and there was no way to even make coffee in the morning without water. The owner refused to compensate us at all saying it was not his fault. Awful experience in the end. We will not go back there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Beaumont, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We just returned from staying at Spider Creek Resort for a week. We were mostly pleased with our stay. I am just going to lay out the facts and allow you to decide if it meets your needs or not. I would not consider it a "resort" by any means. If you go expectly a campground atmosphere, then you will be pleased. The cabin we stayed in was clean to a campground standard; clean sheets and bathrooms; some stains on furniture; could use a deep cleaning. They don't clean or freshen the cabin while you're there. If you need clean towels, you have to take the dirty ones to the office and exchange them. The cabin had an awful odor that we were told was the "sulphur" in the water. We used air freshner and you get used to it after awhile of being in the cabin. The cabins are closer together than the "resort map" appears to show on their website. The cabin we stayed in was "JBG" which was by the office. I would NOT stay in this particular cabin again. It is directly by the entrance and the office so there is alot of traffic, but the worse was that every morning around 7:30 a.m., the ladies that clean the cabins would sit behind our cabin to talk (loudly) and smoke before they started their day I suppose. They woke us up every day with this and with getting in and out of an old suburban type vehicle that was parked behind our cabin as well. Very poor consideration for their customers who are on vacation. The creek was pretty and it was convenient to rent canoes from the office for a daily outing. We rented 4 canoes and everything went fairly well. They don't give any instructions on how to use the canoes so make sure you know how to begin with. They simply shuttle you down to the drop off and tell you where to return to (which is at Spider Creek). The ladies in the office are very nice should you have any questions. Other than the canoes or rafts to rent and fishing in the creek, there is not much else to do here. They do have a small playground area, horseshoes and a volleyball net set up. Everything else, we drove to other locations for. Very laid back atmosphere; other than the cleaning ladies, it was fairly quite and peaceful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Carrollton, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

For six years my husband, kids and I went to Spider Creek with my parents, my sister & her family. It was a special tradition for us and great memories. Since my father is considered a senior citizen, our cabin rental was 25% off. My husband called up a few months prior to our visit to confirm things. He was told we had cabin 12, but my father had the printed confirmation for cabin 13. They never explained how the mistake happened. They ended up putting us in 2 separate cabins instead of one. When my father tried to make next years' reservation, the office "manager" Heather told him that they would no longer allow him to come back. What?? THEY messed up our reservation and then said WE were unpleasant. I would be wary when reserving. Even with written confirmation they may "change" it on you. I assert they no longer wanted to honor the discount so they blacklisted my father when they could.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012 via mobile

We went to Spidercreek lodge summer 2012. I was apprehensive because we changed vacation plans at the last minute. We ended up at Spidercreek because they were the first people to return my call! This is no fancy resort and they do not pretend to be. If you enjoy a clean cabin, more like a house really, sitting on the porch and looking at the White river this is for you. The office staff is so kind and helpful. Heather took so much time with my kids teaching them how to fix their fishing rod and how to catch the different types of fish in the river. They have kayaks and canoes to rent and the river is serene. The water is very cold year round but a mile away is beaverl lake for swimming or water skiing. Eureka springs is 20 minutes away as are a multitude of sightseeing opportunities. Hiking at Lake leatherwood was awesome. Lots of history here and nature. We cooked in almost every night, hiked, caught rainbow trout for dinner, canoed, and relaxed by the river every evening. Most cabins look out onto the river, but we stayed in secluded one back in the woods with an old stone fireplace. I would stay there again. I love the 5 star hotels, but this was one of our most special family vacation

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Spider Creek Resort? Share your experiences!