“A++ Value & Charm w/ Great Owner & Staff!” 4 of 5 stars

Eureka Matterhorn Towers
130 W. Van Buren, Eureka Springs, AR 72632   |
Ranked #18 of 36 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Ozark, Missouri
“A++ Value & Charm w/ Great Owner & Staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We were delighted with our 2 night stay over the July 4th weekend. Chris and his staff are very friendly and have great knowledge of the area. Chris asked our 6 year old daughter what her favorite fruit was (strawberries) and made sure they were on the breakfast table the following morning! Also, his staff know the area well and made some excellent restaurant and activity recommendations. Best service we've had at a hotel in years.

The property is quaint and well kept. Overall a great value and good experience. This is our new favorite in Eureka Springs!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Joplin, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I am not sure where the CLEAN ROOM reviews are coming from. The carpet is very dirty and stained. The lamps had a thick dust film and we had holes in our thread bear sheets that didn't come to the end of the mattress. The dresser drawers were in disrepair. We stayed and made the best of it because of the holiday. But we will never return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Wheaton, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I have stayed at Matterhorn Towers at least 4 times in the last 5 years. Each room is unique and I now have my favorites. Suites are great for 2 -3 occupants, and the penthouse is spectacular, but must book in advance, everyone's favorite for 4-8 occupants. Hotel is located off the strip, but within walking distance from downtown, or if you need a ride, Chris will be more than happy to take you. Clean, friendly, independently owned. Breakfast is of the main lobby, coffee juice, pastries, fruit. The hotel grounds are beautiful. I enjoy walking in the front where small benches are provided, kind of secluded and quiet. Another plus is the pool is behind the main building not right on the rode as so many are. Lastly the rocking chairs on the upper floors on the walkways. My favorite morning or late evening spot!

Room Tip: I recommend the antique room, for 1 or 2. Suites for more, have refrigerators, sinks. One more thi...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Clarksville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

In town for a girl's night out. Excellent stay...room's were clean and easily accessible. The breakfast was exactly as described--coffee, juice, fresh fruits and pastries. Chris was a great host and went above and beyond by giving my girlfriend and I a ride downtown to enjoy Eureka's nightlife. When I return to ES I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We have made many trips to Eureka Springs and have stayed all over town. The Matterhorn was a new stop for us, although we had driven by many times. It is a quirky place, fitting for a quirky town like Eureka Springs. The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. While the retro charm of the place may not be for everyone, it suited us perfectly. The staff was friendly and accommodating, when we checked in. We look forward to our next trip to Eureka and another stay at the Matterhorn.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Midwest City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Once again Chris made us feel like old friends coming to visit. We stayed over the Memorial Day weekend which came a bit earlier this year, and Chris bent over backwards to make sure the pool was open on time so our kids could swim, even if the water was still freezing cold (kids don't care about cold water). Our rooms were clean and cozy and we very much enjoyed our stay.

For those folks giving negative feedback, realize that the Matterhorn Towers is not the Ritz Carlton. If you want first-class accommodations with full amenities, you will pay for them. The Matterhorn is for those travelers that want clean, cozy budget priced lodging with a family atmosphere and a welcoming staff !!!

The McCloud Family

Room Tip: There are several rooms in nooks and crannies that offer alot of privacy.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Wichita, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

When we showed up there was an envelope taped to the office door. After searching we finally found our room. There was a dead spider on the ceiling and mud on the carpet near the air conditioner. We had along trip ahead of us the next day and when we kept loading up our car I peered into the office and no lights. I don't know how we were supposed to get breakfast that they advertised. Also I went the day we got there and the next day and no ice in the ice machine so it was obviously broken. I left a message on the answering machine and left the key in the room. I have left a message on their machine to confirm reservations but they never did call me. I feel like this a run down place where the owner spends a few hours there maybe.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
John Christophe... M, Owner at Eureka Matterhorn Towers, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Good Morning,
The best way to respond to any review is to thank you for your response and do my best to correct our fallacies. I am very sorry that you had a negative experience with our establishment. Being an intimate property there are those rare occasions that our staff is taking care of a guest in need. Hence, the reason the key was placed at the door whilst tending to those needs. We do have a national contract for pests, our ice machines are brand new and working well and employees and management do reside on the property. (On duty 24/7) We do have an internal phone system but there is no record of a call from your room with any needs. I did get a call from your phone but no return number was offered.
I can see that we failed on a good personal greeting and that created further frustrations. Through thousands of guests per year and less than 1 negative response per year I can assure you that if ever given the chance at redemption my staff and myself can do it. Please accept our apologies and an invitation "gratis" to prove our hospitality.

Been to Eureka Matterhorn Towers? Share your experiences!