“Matterhorn Exceeds Expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Muskogee, OK
“Matterhorn Exceeds Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have been visiting and lodging in Eureka for 15+ years and have stayed at many different locations. I however stay exclusively at the Matterhorn. The jacuzzi suites on the lower level are always wonderful rooms with exceptional relaxation afforded via the large and relaxing hottubs. The staff is always on point, friendly, accomadating, and go above and beyond to ensure the best experience possible. The penthouse is amazing and highly reccomended to all. Beautiful furniture. Nice pool for those hot days. Beautiful grounds and building. Free continental breakfast always enjoyable. Jeremy Mustain, Muskogee, Oklahoma

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Fayetteville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great service and location. If your like us your not really spending time in the room except to sleep. It is definately in need of a few renovations but its a landmark in Eureka Springs. Great value for the price.

• Stayed January 2013
Midwest City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We randomly stopped in here solely because of the landscaping and building design. It's so uniquely built and unlike any other motel in Eureka. The proprietor was so nice great to us! He made the extra step to satisfy us and make our stay great! They have a sweet dog named Bailey that patrols the motel and is very eager to meet guests! We will return in the future! Thanks Matterhorn!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
OK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a weekend in ES and stayed at the Matterhorn. I chose this hotel based on the mostly favorable reviews, but we were extremely disappointed. We were in room 505, a jacuzzi suite with king bed, coffee maker and mini fridge. The best thing I can say about this room is the location was great.

The entire room needs to be gutted and completely re-done. The carpet is hopelessly stained, the drapes are outdated and the bedspread/pillow shams are extremely worn and thin (and kind of smell like a wet dog). I don't know that everything is necessarily dirty, but because it's all so old and the carpet so stained, everything just "feels" dirty.

The jacuzzi tub did work, but there were two knobs that were broke so I'm not sure what they were supposed to do. Also, the carpet that covers the front of the jacuzzi is molded from getting wet.

There is a separate shower but it's so small it's comical. I'm a small person (5' 120lbs) and I could hardly fit in it. Once you're in, there's no turning around or getting out of the spray of the water. And, ladies, don't even think about trying to shave your legs! The door also doesn't seal tight (or maybe it just got bumped into too many times when I was trying to move around) and so there was water all over the floor when I got out.

The matress on the bed is very old and worn and we could feel every spring in it. The pillows were way too hard for our taste but I'm sure some people like that. I resorted to using the "decorative" pillow because it was more comfortable, however, it was the one that smelled like wet dog so it wasn't much better.

I understand that it's expensive to run a hotel and even more expensive to update it but this room and hotel are in serious need of updating.

I can usually look past out-dated curtains, bedspreads, etc. as long as I feel like the room is clean. I did not feel like it was clean.

Hopefully Chris will be able to do some updating to this hotel as it's in a great location. Until then, I will not return and I will not recommend it to anyone I know.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The price was great and the location was perfect, very centralized. The breakfast was light but always fresh. The carpets could use a good cleaning or just replaced all together (wear socks or flip flops). The bed could also use a good updating. Other than that it was great for a place to crash every night. The price of course was fantastic!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ft. Worth, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Chris McCoy, Owner/Manager, is friendly, helpful and really cares about his guests and property. He offers a 2 bedroom 2 bath fully furnished Apartment/Penthouse with private access via elevator. It's great for families and/or 2 couples. An additional 3rd King bed is at one end of the apartment as well. It's clean & comfortable...welll, except the pillows but we (2 couples) slept well. It's across the stree from trolley station so for downtown visits, leave your car at the Matterhorn. Breakfast snacks are available in the homey, warm lobby. Hotel is completely non-smoloing but the PH has a "smoking" outdoor balcony. We loved it. The best time to visit ES is during the week in the "off season" when the crowds are smaller. Neat community.

Room Tip: Choose the Penthouse if you can. We didn't see the individual rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
OKC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Chris was very accommodating for our group. He upgraded us to a suite which was a nice gesture. This motel just needs updating bad! I'm sure once he finishes all the updates (he is suppose to be in the process of updating now) it will be great and we will try it again. I know that is something that takes time and money! It wasn't the cleanest either. Flies, some dead some not. But no other bugs.

It was a cold and rainy weekend unfortunately. We were there for the Corvette Car Show. On those kinds of days you just want to go back to your room and cuddle up but we really didn't feel comfortable doing that here.

Chris if your reading this....hurry and do your updates so we can try it again!!

Room Tip: Choose the Penthouse Suite, it looks nice! I think it has already been updated.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Eureka Matterhorn Towers? Share your experiences!