“Will stay here again!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lookout Lodge

You added Lookout Lodge to your Saves list
Lookout Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3098 E Van Buren, Highway 62 E, Eureka Springs, AR 72632   |
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Eureka Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
“Will stay here again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We have stayed in Eureka Springs several times over the last several years and this motel took us by surprise in a great way. We made a spontaneous trip over from Tulsa and were having trouble finding a room at the places we were familiar with staying. I found this hotel on a search site and was a little reluctant having never stayed there before and thought it may be just a roadside hotel. It was so much more. The service was outstanding, the Owners even made reservations for a magic show for us one evening. The rooms were extremely clean. We had a Jacuzzi room which was very nice with our own robes, but the hot tub on the Back, bottom deck was really nice and actually saw several deer grazing in the back. It was so relaxing and our stay could not have been better. I highly recommend staying here and we will come back on our next visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is a great place. Clean and well maintained. I know this is highly rated here and that is why my buddy choose it. My problem is I wake up nice and early. Coffee is not available till 8am. I wake up very early and I can usually finish a pot by then. I travel on a motorcycle so riding up to a gas station and bringing coffee back is not an option. There is not a a gas station in walking distance to condensate for this. Wonderful owners and very clean rooms. They have soda and videos available in the office witch is great but I will not stay here again for the coffee is in short supply for me.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
sonrob_es, Owner at Lookout Lodge, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for your recent review, we appreciate your comments. We're glad you and your friend enjoyed your stay with us while in Eureka Springs.
We are always very surprised, how small things can impact so hard about writing a review. You liked our place very much and literally, the only thing you disliked, was the missing early coffee.

We always have a few coffee pots at the front desk for early birds available. If you would have expressed your problem after the first morning, we would have been able to fix this in no time. Especially after we had several good and nice conversations, to read your review was very disappointing for us.

We are sure, after knowing our service, you will give us another try on your next trip to Eureka Springs, and we will make sure, that you will find a coffee pot in your room!

Robert and Sonja Schmid
Owners/Managers
Independence, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

The Lookout Lodge was a great relaxing weekend for my husband and I. The rooms were very clean and well maintained. My husband enjoyed sitting outside ou room and enjoyed the atrium. We loved the hot tub. I would definitely stay again and recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoy staying at Lookout Lodge. Each stay is the same in that I always receive first class personalized service at a reasonable price. The rooms are always clean and Robert and Sonja go out of their way to make my visit with them in Eureka Springs very special.

• Stayed September 2013
Wichita
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Lookout Lodge was very clean and tidy with a comfortable bed for a reasonable price. The hosts take their innkeeping seriously and clearly work diligently to maintain this dynamic. I would recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Newhope
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I were at Eureka Springs during the Antique Auto Show. We stayed two nights. The rooms were extremely clean, cute and decorated in a woodsy decor. There were blackout curtains, which I like, and although we stayed on the 1st floor facing the main room, were not really disturbed by the road noises. We had a King Room which does not have a Spa Bath (which we were not interested in). The tub/shower is very small, which was fine with us. Free Wi-fi. We really enjoyed the atrium outside which had several table and chair settings and a log porch swing. We are both early risers, and Robert did state that the office opened at 8:00. He provided us with a coffee maker (extremely clean) for our convenience. The continental breakfast is just that, cereal, pastries, bananas, etc., but if you enjoy a larger breakfast Pancakes is right down the road. They are located a little outside areas of interest, and roads so busy, that I wouldn't want to walk, but it is on the trolley route. For a relaxing trip, perfect place. For easy access to walking downtown, a little far, unless you want to either drive or take a trolley. Sonja and Robert were both very helpful and friendly. I also enjoyed petting their cats! Felt quite at home!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Olathe, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

So this was our second night in Eureka Springs and knew we were going to pay more on a Friday before the Labor Day weekend. Let's start with the positives. Charming rooms and loved the decor, wood floors and woodsy feel of the place. Room was spacious, AC worked pretty well, bathroom was clean and bed was comfortable. The door was locked to the office when we arrived after a full day of riding our bike - but we arrived ahead of "normal" check in hours. Other two hotels on this trip was the same deal, but we were able to get into our room early at both of the others. So we check in when we were finally able and have a room on 2nd floor - requested first floor, but whatever. Lady who checked us in made quite the deal over their 'continental breakfast and trays so you could take to the patio or back to your room'. Okay, good to know. So it's 100+ degrees on Aug 30 - we're hot, very sweaty, full of sunscreen and decide to shower. Once we cooled off, I went down to the front desk to ask for another set of bath towels. She looked at me like I was going to destroy the planet by this request and asked "you're not going to use them over?" I'm sorry - for $100 for one night and the fact that I was covered in sweat and sunscreen - no, I'm NOT going to use them over and may I please have another set of bath towels. Okay, I left the sarcasm out of my statement but politely asked if we could have a new set of towels. Really??? The next morning we were up early, showered and got things organized. It was probably 7am when I went down to find this 'continental breakfast with nice trays to take to the patio or back to your room' didn't even start until the office opened at 8:00am. So much for a cup a joe before we hit the road back to KS. Like I said, cute and very clean rooms so still giving them pretty high marks.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Lookout Lodge? Share your experiences!