“Pathetic” 1 of 5 stars

+1 479-363-0001
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 120 Restaurants in Eureka Springs
Description: Located in the middle of the most popular ride spots in the Ozarks. The Roadhouse in Eureka Springs, Arkansas has become The place hang your helmet. Stop by, relax and let our friendly staff make you feel right at home. Serving breakfast until 2pm (for you late sleepers)lunch and dinner .We have a large menu including, Omlets, Eggs Benedict, The best burgers voted by the guy across the street, sandwiches, steaks,seafood and BBQ. Just one mile east of Passion Play Road.
Eureka Springs, Arkansas
“Pathetic”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were a group of four locals who eat here about 1 or 2 times a month. Not because it is any good mind you, it is just that this place is open on Sunday afternoon when the GOOD restaurants are closed.

A person named Dana seated us, took our drink orders then spent the rest of the evening talking to two of her friends across the dining room. A few ice teas took well over fifteen minutes to arrive. Three of the meals we ordered came with salads. Two salads arrived fifteen minutes later, one without dressing. "Dana" told us that the chef was to blame and that he was out of salad or dressing or something. Just be sure, nothing is her responsibility.

When the missing salad and dressings finally arrived, the meals all came piling out too. So now we get to eat cold food that will sit and congeal as as we eat our salads. Not me. I sent my meal back so I can eat my salad correctly. The "waitress" called me an [--] right to my face and told me "don't eat any of it, I don't care." When I asked her name, she replied "The other server is Sarah." When pressed for her name, she said it was Dana. She made a great show of telling a new group of diners that our table were all [--], as well. She also said she was the owner. Later she told one of our group that she lied when she said she owned this dump. So, a liar AND incompetent to carry a plate across the room. Worst of all is the food here is weak, weak, weak. All frozen Ben E. Keith burger joint greasy spoon.

These four locals will never, never, never visit this dump ever again.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
GLCK, Manager at Roadhouse Restaurant, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
We are very sorry you had a bad experience at Roadhouse when you were here. We are the Old owners who sold in 2012 and have taken the restaurant back over on January 1st 2014. We have gone back to the quality and service we were known for in the past. PLease ive us another try.. Again I'm sorry and thank you.

Dallas, Texas
“Slow Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I showed up about 3:00 PM on a Sunday. There was one other couple in the restaurant. I was greeted by a very young girl (<14) who was playing with younger girl. She said that she would seat me and brought me a menu.

After about 10 minutes, she was playing and came running by my table. Once she saw me, she stopped in her tracks, turned around, and yelled to someone in the back that she had seated a customer.

A couple of minutes later the waitress arrived. I thought it was strange that no adults knew I was in the restaurant for at least 10 minutes. Service from this point on was good.

The waitress recommended the BBQ. The BBQ was dry and tough. After finishing my meal I went to the register to pay. I had to flag someone down to get the cashier.

I'm sure that if I had arrived during a busy period I would not have gone unnoticed for so long.

Visited September 2013
GLCK, Owner at Roadhouse Restaurant, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Eureka Springs, Arkansas
“Worst service ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Sunday evening, not busy, but still took ten minutes to serve drinks. The salads didn't appear until the main dishes arrived, and when we asked about this, were told by the waitress, "Well, you don't have to eat it!" When informed that we were going to complain on Trip Adviser dot com, she added, "Go to [--] dot com; your pictures will be there.

Worst service I've ever had in my life. Would not recommend this joint!

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Rogers, Arkansas, United States
“Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Worst service by far of my entire life. Was seated. Dana took our drink order then proceeded to
attend the cash register for several minutes...we reminded her of our drinks. Finally got them (3 ice teas and a beer). Ordered four entrees...3 came with a salad. After 10 minutes, reminded her about the salads. Brought two (with the wrong dressings) and said we would have to wait on the 3rd one. In the meantime, our meals came. Now out friend did get upset that his meal arrive the same time as the salad and ask that it be taken back to which Dana told him " fine.. don't eat any of it." Then, the 3rd salad showed up---with NO dressing. Was just to worried about attending the cash resister. Now mind you there were only 4 other people in the entire place. Finally, got the salad dressing. Told us that she was 48 years old and that she knew exactly what she was doing and was so much wise. Told us she was going to write about us on the a##hole customer.com site. Well, at this point we all just had to laugh. Of course, blamed every mishap on the kitchen staff. Ask Dana if she owned the place to which she replies "no I don't own this dam$ place". Sorry for the folks that do and have such a rude employee. As I went to pay the bill she advised me not to leave her a dam$ tip to which I replied that I wasn't. I will NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER darken their door again. A wait staff that is rude and cusses at you...no Thanks. To many other good places in town to eat at.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Rogers, Arkansas
“A Horrible Experience!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We had to wait way too long for our drinks (iced tea, so not difficult), but we ordered meals with salad entries nonetheless. The salads came after a very long wait, due to the fact that our waitress was chitchatting instead of delivering them to our table. We got her attention and told her about the salads and our fear that dinner would be delivered at approximately the same time, which as it turns out, happened. So one of our group of 60-year-olds mentioned that he would like to have his food hot after having his salad and that was too much for our waitress. She immediately went off on all of us, and then we had the amazing surreal experience here of being told by this waitress who said her name was Dana that she was going to put us on [--] customers.com, which brought laughter from other tables. Then she kept the jabbing comments up with us, got into some confrontation with another table and generally made a laughable [--] of herself in front of everyone. She told us to watch the movie "Waiting" and that she owns it, that she's 48, that she looks younger than she is (arguable), . I am guessing that she aspires to be a better minion; however, I think this is an unrealistic goal.

The food was minimally tolerable, by the way. We'll not be back.

• 2 of 5 stars Food