“Fun cave tour for the money!” 4 of 5 stars

338 Onyx Cave Lane, Eureka Springs, AR 72632
479-253-9321
Improve this listing
Fair Grove, Missouri
“Fun cave tour for the money!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stopped at Onyx Cave on a whim, and were pleasantly surprised. It is a self guided tour, which we liked. You can go at your own pace. They have headphones and stations scattered throughout the cave to listen to informative tidbits. $15 for my husband & I, it was worth the money.

Harrison, Arkansas
5 attraction reviews
“Good fun for the money!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

As the others have posted it is self guided. This has its charm for some! I liked it because I could go at my own pace. The check points where you push buttons and listen in the headphones is great! I don't have to ask someone to repeat themselves and I am not slowing anyone else down. I spent at least 30-40 minutes just taking pictures and enjoying the formations. I could have easily spent hours in there had I went by myself. We went in October and the price was 15.00 for 2 adults! Caves are always a neat thing to do, however; if you suffer from breathing conditions or heart conditions it may not be for you. Getting down to it is quite a steep walk. If you are very out of shape you will find it difficult to climb back up the sidewalk to go back to your car. The gift shop was really unique and I thoroughly enjoyed looking at all the stuff they had! Cheap, good, clean, HISTORIC and EDUCATIONAL fun!!

Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
11 attraction reviews
“Great quick cave tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

This poor cave has seen better days throughout it's life due to all the traffic from guests. This is for sure one of the easiest caves to access and it's self guided unlike most caves. If you have some time to kill in Eureka Springs take the time to visit this cave for $7 a person. Great gift shop after the tour is over.

Lenexa, Kansas
“You won't be blown away but it is neat and something different to do.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Like others say it is small. You will walk through in about 20-30 min if you stop to listen to the headphone stations. The recording is obviously old but the content is good. Caves are just neat and of you or your kids have never been in one, it's worth seeing. Price we paid yesterday was $16.50 for an adult ticket.

Visited September 2013
11 attraction reviews
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I had visited Onyx Cave as a child. This is a self guided tour. You are provided with headphones which got stuck so that one audio was continuously playing in the background under the subsequent audios. Totally disappointed to see that the museum is closed and only minimal effort is put into Onyx.

Visited September 2013