“Rudest shop owner I've ever met!” 1 of 5 stars

Gazebo Books
86 Spring St., Eureka Springs, AR
(479) 253-9556
Improve this listing
“Rudest shop owner I've ever met!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My friend and I love to visit Eureka Springs once a year or so. We use to like the Gazebo Books store, but noticed the shop owner was always cranky. Today, we included her shop on our stops, but had a horrible experience with this woman. Between the two of us we had three books to buy, but when my friend's cell phone rang and he answered it, the woman chewed him out for answering his phone. Her tone with him was unacceptable and unnecessary. We put our books down and left, never to go back again. After reading these other reviews I would recommend avoiding the store.

Visited June 2013

Bay, Arkansas, United States
12 attraction reviews
“No big deal”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Nothing special. Not any rare books. Just high prices. It is not any different than any book store. I thought it might be unique; it wasn't.

Visited June 2013
15 attraction reviews
“Great selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

A new destination for book worms in area and already very popular. If you love reading, you'll love this shop.

Visited April 2013
Oklahoma City
7 attraction reviews
“Great staff, wonderful selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I really enjoyed my time perusing the selection at Gazebo Books. The staff is very laid back and calm. They're unobtrusive but offer great suggestions and conversation at check out. Helen (I believe was her name) was so refreshing to speak to and learn about. I really enjoyed my time and will return. Be sure to bring cash, they don't take cards or check.

Visited March 2013
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“early season visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

My wife and I were glad to find the book store open during our late Feb. visit to Eureka Springs. We enjoyed meeting the owner and found her insights helpful. Her store was also listed on our Garmin, which helped us around town as this was our first time exploring downtown. We hope to return during the summer or fall. Fun place to spend time!

Visited February 2013