“Owner is the best!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 120 Restaurants in Eureka Springs
Malvern, Arkansas
“Owner is the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Got a scoop of ice cream for dessert, and I asked the owner for just a little of vanilla in a bowl for my dog. He smiled and put a full scoop in the bowl. I told him that was way too much. He took a small portion out, and handed it to me. When I asked how much , he smiled and said it's free because "We love dogs up here". Well sir, Lil Bit loves you! She ate every bit of it. Thanks for your kind generosity, and we will be back...

Visited March 2012

Joplin, Missouri, USA
“Cash Only”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

My family and I visited Big Dipper on our last night on vacation in Eureka Springs. Most places, to our delight, accepted credit or debit cards. The Big Dipper, however, did not. Four of us ordered ice creams and when we got to the cashier she informed us it was cash only. There were no signs anywhere saying it was cash only. Thankfully our hotel was close because my husband had to run back to the hotel and grab my purse to pay for the ice cream. The ladies at the ice cream parlor were exceptionally kind and understanding. I'm sure if we said we truly had no cash they would have let it slide just the one time. CASH ONLY PLACE.

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ozark Mountains
“Good stuff - Open after the Passion Play.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

This little ice cream shop has good variety of choices in hand-dipped ice cream. The had only one flavor of sugar-free, which I liked. My family loves the cobbler or apple dumplings with ice cream. Not sure of the hours. We went after the Great Passion Play. Very friendly staff.

• Visited July 2011