“Very poor/average hotel” 2 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle de la Solana, 51, Pas de la Casa AD200, Andorra   |
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Pas de la Casa
“Very poor/average hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel as it seemed on paper to have it all. Pool, Sauna, jacuzzi, good location to the slopes. I am just home (march 2013) from one week in this hotel and I rarely write a review but felt I should update trip advisor as I strongly disagree with a lot of the reviews on here. It was booked for a very special occasion and on booking I asked for a nice view or the best they could do, we got to look at a concrete wall for the duration of our stay without as much as fresh air! That was the start.

The room was clean but that was it, it was small and very dated.
The pool area was again very small and dated with tiles missing.
We were booked half board, we ate in the hotel once and once was enough!

In summary I have been skiing quite a few times and wanted a bit extra out of my hotel this time, which unfortunately we didn't get. There is noway this hotel is 4star!!!I certainly will not back to hotel Himilaia!

• Stayed March 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed here Feb 2013. I really enjoyed my stay. I would describe it as a lovely friendly relaxed hotel, with the atmosphere of an adult hostel, it's really quite unusual in that sense. There is a hot tub and small pool, which are great after a days' snowboarding. The food is a good, there is a chef who can cook you fresh omelettes in the morning and sometimes steak in the evening. It's a five min down hill walk to the slopes. It's one of the better places to stay in Pas de le casa - which is essentially a party town. The location is quiet, you won't get woken up by drunks - but possibly by the odd snow tractor lol.

Room Tip: I'd avoid the top floor, because you don't get proper windows (just velux, which if it snows...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We have just returned from 1 week 3rd to 10th March.
This hotel was fantastic. When we got there we were not happy with our room. The manager moved us with no fuss. Room was huge (406). Hotel lovely and warm. Hot water all the time. Good shower and very powerful.
Food was excellent in my opinion. You couldn't have asked for anymore choice. We loved the buffet style. Very unusual for a ski hotel.
The egg man in the morning does need to smile a little bit more. He really is miserable which stands out as everybody else is so lovely and friendly.
The first 3 days was cloudy and I've never known so much snow which made for fantastic skiing.
One of the best weeks we have ever had all round. We will be back next year and really wanted to stay another week.
Pas is a great resort with good bars and on happy hour is good prices.

Room Tip: Top floors.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Basingstoke
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I travelled here with a group of guys for a ski holiday. The Hotel is generally quite basic but is kept clean and is well run. It has all of the facilities that one would expect but none of them are amazing but are adequate for a ski holiday in that you are not as reliant on the facilities. The staffs were all good and happy and pleased to help. The breakfast was good in general with a good selection for most tastes and plenty of it. For me the egg chef was great with good omelettes or fried eggs on the go all the time. On the continental side there was everything you would hope for along with a good selection of breads and rolls. The dinner was not as good in that although there was a lot of selection nothing was ever that good apart from the soups. The dinner choices were at best mediocre I would say. The staff in the restaurant were good though and happy to help. The rooms were not too bad in size for a ski hotel with plenty of hanging space and cupboards which is just what you need. The decor was dated but the rooms functioned well in general and the daily cleaning standards were good. The shower itself was good but the screen was at the wrong end of the bath and even when you tried to tuck yourself in the corner the bathroom still got wet. A Shower curtain would have worked a lot better in my eyes but the continentals seem to have different ideas on these things. On the plus side the bath was fairly long and deep and I did have a good soak on a couple of nights so all in all not too bad really. Our room was situated on the top floor so were in the roof space effectively so I am not sure how our room compared in size to any others other that my friend's which all seemed to be around the same size. The TV was old fashioned with only one English speaking channel, that being CNN. There are two lifts in the hotel and this seemed to be sufficient for the number of people in the hotel so no complaints there. The spa area was not too bad although the Jacuzzi was not hot enough really and I would not recommend the massage there. She was very pleasant but it did not seem to hit the spot with those aching limbs after skiing. It was more of a relaxing massage than a sports one as such. Finally the bar area. This is quite good in size and good for a pre dinner drink but is not an après ski bar as such. The prices there are reasonable. In summary I would say that the hotel met expectations but did not exceed them so it is worth what we paid. One thing to bear in mind is that although it is based close to the ski slope (50 yards walk) it is at the top of town so it was always an uphill walk coming back at the end of the day or night. I would think that the middle of town, where the lifts start, would be better placed if you have the choice. The town is on a hillside so everywhere is either up or down so in the middle is best I feel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

the only reason it dident get excelent is becuse the bed was uncomfortable.

becide that every thing is excellent.

the hotel is close to the slopes and offer abar with happy hour from 16:00 to 21:00 .

the workers are really nice and the food is good.

Room Tip: take a room from the second floor to not be affected with the street noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Cascais
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one week with my children (ages 2 and 3) for their first ski trip.
Service is great. Everyone is very kind and available.
The food is far from good.
The worst thing about the hotel is the fact it is on the opposite site to the snow garden and beginners area which forces you to walk a long distance which, if you're a beginner or have babies is an ordeal.

• Stayed March 2013
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here as a group of three couples in January 2013 travelling as part of a crystal package.

We usually stay cheap and cheerful however this back fired last year so decided to splash a little more cash, this paid off.

The hotel is in a fab location, very close to the slopes and almost ski in ski out (theres a tunnel at the end of the road directly on to the slopes), the hotel benefitted from a small spa, the pool was small but perfectly formed as was the jacuzzi, both of which would get busy as peak times but this was still a great perk to a well positioned hotel. The lounge ara/bar at the hotel was comfortable and welcoming, it would have been nice to have the fire lit but this didnt spoil our stay. Our room was sizeable with a nice bathroom including bath (great when jacuzzi was packed), our room was a little on the hot side (i had read this in previous reviews) our thermostat did work so we could control the heat. My only gripe about the room was the pillows, they were long and narrow, one wasnt enough, two was too much...after a few days i did develop a neck ache which when combined with snowboarding made me quite uncomfortable, next time, i may just take my own......

The pool table was a great addition and never seemend to be 'hogged' by people. A great addition was a mini shop where you can buy things. You must wear a swim hat and flop flops when using the spa, these are sold at this shop but more expensive that if bought in the uk.

Service in the hotel was fantastic, all staff were really nice and helpful.

Food in the hotel was nice, i wouldnt quite say 4 star but nice. My boyfriend is a vegetarian and on the first night the vegetarian options were non existent, we raised this with reception and after a small debate (she was adamant they were there we just hadnt found them) she agreed to raise with the chef. the subsequent nights vegetarian options were there and not just pasta.... they started off great with plenty of variety but trailed off towards the end of the week to just pasta which can get repetitive..... this is unfortunate but not enough to ruin our holiday, we ate well at lunch on the slopes!

The resort itself is fantastic, there is a wide variety of bars, shops and restaurants selling yummy food all high quality and reasonably priced, even on the mountain, this is refreshing given how expensive ski resorts usually are. There was an abundance of happy hours throughout the town and on the mountain which we took advantage of, lots of BOGOF! If you hear of Barney playing, he is a must.....great entertainment (him and his guitar) and a really nice guy.

During our stay the weather was not the best, it snowed all week, whilst this gave great powder, visibility was sometimes impaired and some of the lifts up to the top of the mountain were closed. Usually you can ski the whole ski area as it is linked. We took advantage of a shuttle bus to other resorts, namely Soldeu, this cost only a few EURO and Soldeu has many tree lined runs which protect from the weather and a greater ski area without having to brave the elements. The benefits of catching the bus was also it saved time as its quite a way to ski there so also good for beginners who are a little slower and may not wish to tackle the tougher runs.

As with may ski resorts, the buses are not allwoed in resort, you will get dropped off at the bus park and have to walk through the resort, our reps took our bags up in a mini van which was just as well as this hotel is the other side of the town to the bus park....

on heated ski lockers are available in the basement, a deposit of EUR 10 is required for the padlock. The garage and basement is also passcode protected (im not sure if this is 24/7)

Overall we had a great holiday and enjoyed our time at Hotel Himalaya. Having visited a couple of other hotels (on rep organised activity) it made us truly appreciate the warmth and comfort we had at this hotel. If i was to come back to this resort, i would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Himalaia Pas? Share your experiences!