“Great location , acceptable room , bad service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Eslalom

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pas de la Casa
Hotel Eslalom
You added Hotel Eslalom to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Carrer Catalunya 29, Pas de la Casa AD200, Andorra   |
Ranked #28 of 34 Hotels in Pas de la Casa
London, United Kingdom
“Great location , acceptable room , bad service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2009

The moment I stepped in the hotel , there was nobody at the reception. I had to actually go upstairs to the restaurant to call somebody to get me checked in. Actually there is almost never anybody at the reception , so I ended up carrying my key all the time.
The room was ok for the price I guess. A bit worn down. The rails for the curtain were taped together with insulation tape , which look very tacky. What was very annoying , was that there was only one plug in the whole room , was used by the TV and was 6 feet of the ground. Luckily my laptop adapter was just long enough to reach the bed. One positive is that it was clean. The heavy smell off detergent everywhere was reassuring.
The breakfast buffet is so bad it was funny. A basket of croissants , a basket of fruit , 1 kind of cheese and 1 kind of meat cold cuts , a really bad coffee machine and if you are lucky a tray with cold hard boiled eggs.

Would I go again? Well I got a good deal and to be honest I wanted a cheap hotel , for a cheap break on the slopes and that's what I got. So I probably would go again for that price , but not a penny more. Better the bad cheap hotel you know than the really bad cheap hotel you don't know.

My advice to the hotel is to shape up with the service. It doesn't cost a lot to be friendly and at least add a bell or something to your reception , if you can't afford a full time receptionist. Oh and get more plugs in the room for pete's sake. It's the 21st century.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo

Families
Business
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2008

nice hotel better than average stayed over newyear
staff are nice
food is ok
in a good location
very happy with my stay here
BUT i have stayed at the Llac Negre Hotel since staying here and this is a much better hotel stay there if you can

• Liked — The location and hotel bar staff
  • Disliked — The stuck up people who stayed there when i did ITS Andorra not St Morritz
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Lisbon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2008

This is a hotel to avoid if possible. At the dinner (from 19:30 to 21:30) the most decent food ended by 20:15. The rest of the buffet was just bad. The rooms are clean but the noise made me and my wife bought a ear protection so we can sleep. The staff was unfriendly and most of the times the reception was empty so no one could help if you have some problem. Besides theres security problems because if you let the key of the room in the reception and the reception was empty anyone can pick your key...

Well its just very bad...

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hotel Eslalom? Share your experiences!