“I Don't know whats wrong with some people” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sandy IV

Sandy IV
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pas de la Casa
Sandy IV
You added Sandy IV to your Saves list
Calle La Solana, Pas de la Casa, Andorra   |
Ranked #32 of 34 Hotels in Pas de la Casa
Bristol
“I Don't know whats wrong with some people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2007

I have just returned from a week in Andorra staying at the Sandi IV apartments. I cant really fault them in any way whatsoever. We were a group of eight lads in one duplex apartment. It was a bit of a squeeze but very good fun. The room was clean and everything was there. The reception staff were always helpful and we used the on-site ski storage area with no problems. The Man in the Sport shop come hire shop was also very friendly and helpful and sorted us out with what we needed very quickly. The bar area was also very good with nice smiley people working behind the bar from morning to night. The Full English breakfast being served provided us with all the energy we needed for a full days skiing. The other food on the menu was also very good and well priced. The slopes are a 150 yards away down the hill and are no problem to walk to even with ski boots on your feet. For the night life the place is well situated with the main bars just down the hill and being drunk means you don't really notice the hill on the way back. I had my reservations about this apartment after reading a few of the reviews on here but it was excellent, especially for the price we paid for the holiday. I didn't hear anybody else complain about anything either so I can recommend a stay here no problem.

Stayed March 2007

Solo
Business
norwich
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2007

well just came back from the sandy apparments , was with a group of 9 lad's , well as soon as we got there they only had us down for one room , after a couple of minutes they soon sorted it to there credit . they wanted 150 euros straight away but after leaving our passport's we delayed paying for a few day's .

The rooms were preety shocking as they were meant for 6 people we had 5 in there and there was one tiny wardrobe for 6 people so basically we had to live out of a case , the bed's are bunk bed's which are not the best with hardly any room to move .

the lounge was basic with hardly any room what so ever .

bathroom was preety awful.

towels only got changed once in a week which is not the nicest.

ski / snow board room , had no padlocks left so we had to put ski's etc in the appartment not good when you could hardly swing a cat anyway.

reception people and bar people were quite nice people and can understand english and speak english well which is all good if any problems.

we did manage to see the room next door to us on the last day and they did look quiet nice with separate bedrooms and modern bathroom, if only we had that room !!!!

overall really nice resort with some nice pubs to enjoy a few beers after the skiing. for the hotel dont expect to much special probally best to try and pay a bit extra and get a higher star hotel !!!!

• Liked — The view and people we went with
  • Disliked — th
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Pas de la Casa hotels

Coventry
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2007

Bad Points - Well theres only one - the fact they sting you with a 150 euro (£100) deposit on the room when you check in, which you do get back when you check out if theres no breakages in the room

Good Points - Well after reading many reviews on here i must say i was slightly dubious but once there i soon realised it was one of the friendliest hotels i have ever stayed in.

I would say it was more suited to singles and groups rather than families although there were a few families there who seemed to enjoy their stay!

The rooms were basic but clean and comfortable with kitchenette, living area and seperate bedroom and a balcony overlooking the main town of pas
There is a ski hire shop within the hotel and lockers for your skis/boards.
The apartments are in an ideal location being close to the slopes and nightlife, with billboard and milwauke being most popular!

The bar area was communal with nice food and friendly bar staff . I would definitely stay here again!!!!

Stayed February 2007
Liverpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2007

I stayed at the Sandy during February half term with my school. I was a little concerned after reading some of the reviews of the establishment on this website. When i asked the manager why the reviews were bad, he informed me it was before the revamp when virtually every room has been redecorated and refitted with decent bathroom fittings and a good kitchen.

Room

There was the maximum of 6 people in my room but there was enough wardrobe space for everyone. I don't think this is case in every room but there was enough space to stack your clothes in a wardrobe (if 2 of you shared one wardrobe) The kitchen was well equipped with a microwave, fridge (little freezer) , hob (none of them worked..perhaps the hotel switched them off?) and a toaster.....you get a kettle if you request it from the reception desk. The television had no english channels but we were never in the room enough to watch any tele so it didn't matter. The door in the room was very secure with 2 locks.

Ski Storage

Was fine....no problems.

Reception desk

Was very helpful with any issues. They spoke very good english. Despite the fact i was handing in the key and then asking for it back again every 10 minutes they still managed to mantain a smile.

Facitlies

There is a ski shop in the hotel but its overpriced....its better to walk into town where there are many ski shops. There is a internet facility which is 1 euro for 10 mins. A games room with air hockey, 2 pool tables, table football and a crap dart board.

Bar

Has a very nice 42 inch plasma that's got sport on every night. The bar staff can be dosy so its easy to buy your soft drink from the machine in reception which is exactly the same price. The food was a reasonable standard, not great but it will do to fill up after a hard days skiing.

Conclusion

For 150 quid you can go here during easter which is a good deal but the amount of snow in Andorra is likely to be far less then it was in February( It was nearly ice when i was there) I would recommend staying here but i can understand how it is not for everyone.

• Stayed February 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Woolyback Land
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2007

This may possibly be THE WORST HOTEL EVER!!!!! What is FLAN?????? I don't know but it seems to be their favourite food???? What is up with that????? The only good thing about flan is that you can throw it out of your window, that is fun!!!! The rooms were disgraceful as were the staff except Adam from Airtours, he was sound!!!!!! Oh and Jake the American!!!!!!! Do you like bread???? If not unlucky because that is ALL there is!!!!!!!!!! Have fun eating Flan!!!!!!!!!!!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

• Liked — Nothing or flan
  • Disliked — flan
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2007

WARNING WANRING AVOID AT ALL COSTS

I would never stay here again, the worst hotel ever, the Front desk are just no bothered about anything, in 7 days I complaints about the noise 10 times, but still nothing was done about it.

They had a well-versed line that they told all the customers “If the noise dose not stop we will call the police”

Noise was unbearable; furniture was moved all day and night,

Every time the air tours sales reps saw you just wanted to try and get another 50 euros out of you.

Where told there where family event organized and sold tickets for a Mexican night now, told kids would enjoy it. Turned out to be a beer drinking competition

WARNING AVOID AT ALL COSTS

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — eveything
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2007

I booked an earlybird offer with Inghams in April 06 for a week long trip to Pas in the first week of 2007. I got a good price on the Sandy IV, but having subsequently read the reviews here, I was more than a little aprehensive before the trip, and was expecting the worst. While some of the cautionary comments in previous posts were warranted, and helpful, I found that overall, based on what I had paid, the Sandy IV was a pleasant surprise.

Check-in/ Check out: Was prompt and efficient. We arrived at 2pm and had immediate access to our apartment. needed to pay €150 in cash deposit. It was clean and tidy. They provide washing up liquid, and a cleaning cloth, but no tea-towel. Check-out was easy. Immediate return of deposit, no real delay, even though our check-out was at 4am! There is a 24 hour reception. Towels were provided (but no hand towels) and were changed mid week.

Size: We stayed in a studio. My wife called it "cosy", her way of saying "you couldn't swing a cat in it!! These are small apartments.

There are 2 beds in a sectioned off area, and a sofa which converts into a double bed (there is also a pullout single bed under the sofa. We were a party of four, with 2 teenage boys. The beds and sofa beds were very comfortable.

Storage facilities were limited, you work from your suitcase. There is one small wardrobe. There is a TV with local, Spanish and French stations.

The kitchen is small, but adequate, if you are mostly eating out. We did breakfast in-house and it was fine for that. There is a fridge, microwave, electric rings, kettle and toaster. Unlike the clothes storage, there is ample storage in the kitchen. The cups are tiny so if you like to make a nice cup of tea or whatever, buy a decent mug in the local supermarket!

The bathroom was good. The fittings seemed new enough and the bathroom heating was such that drying wet clothes or gloves overnight was easy. I had read comments as to the lack of enough hot water for 4 showers. This is true, unless you are aware of it and are fairly efficient in your water use. One night, one of the boys luxuriated for 10 minutes at the start and we had to do with almost cold showers at the end...so be warned.

I saw the pictures of the mould on the walls in previous posts. There was none in our room. The Inghams rep said that "their" rooms had been renovated with new bathroom fittings and that previous to this there had been problems with damp.

Noise: These are noisy apartments. If any group in an adjoining or close by room decides to party, you will be kept awake. It happened to me on 2 successive nights as the room above us conducted lenghty sing-alongs with much floor thumping for percussion! If you like to get to bed early, you might be woken a lot. If you are a late night reveller, you won't even notice as it dies down by 2:30 - 3:00.

Location: Sandy IV is at the top end of the resort. However we didn't find this any problem. It was only 5 minutes home at night. The walk to the piste is 150 metres. You cut in at the side of the Olympiades.

Ski Storage: I found this worked just fine. You get a lock and key for 5 euro for the week. I had no problems at all. Great value.

Other facilities: There is a bar and a snack bar in the facility. There are pool tables, air hockey and similar. There is also internet acess (two stations) at €2 for 20 min.

Ski Shop: The onsite ski hire shop was great. I found them to be very helpful. I struggled with the skis I got initially and they changed them for me to more suitable ones on day 3. They also let two of us swap to blades on the last day. They took as much time as we needed to get proper fitting boots etc. Great.

Other: When you arrive, your luggage will be take by van to your apartment and you will need to walk up through the town. This is OK, but on the return, with all the charter flights leaving at the same time, the vans are packed full. If I go to PAS again, I will wheel my own luggage down to the meeting point as it could easily get damaged, in my opinion. As it was, the cases were filthy by the time I got them back as were my clothes after I had loaded the cases on to the bus.

Overall: You get what you pay for...a basic, small, but clean and comfortable apartment on the edge of the resort, yet only 150 metres from the slope. I would stay here again without any hesitation. I felt I got really good value.

• Liked — good value
  • Disliked — noisy
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sandy IV? Share your experiences!