Beautiful Place !! Doesn't exactly feel like a Hotel but rather like a rich uncle's estate nestled in the foothills overlooking Lake Atitlan with 3 Volcanoes in the foreground,
w/ great personalized service to match!! What a view on a clear day & those sunsets!!
We chose their private car service for the round trip from GUA City after reading previous comments about the road issues! Turned out a great choice!. This way you enjoy the views or snooze rather then trying to figure your way around. If budget allows there is also the helicopter option, half hour rather than 3 hours by car. We saw it coming over twice on Saturday.
The place is filled with paintings, recognized the large Botero in the main sitting area, local artifacts, candles, glossy colorful picture books, various magazines, games, cozy fireplace, nice bar, romantic indoor & outdoor dining & a terrace all overlooking the lake & volcanoes.That is the main theme & attraction to this place.
The rooms are very cozy and colorful also nicely appointed with various sized personal terraces again w/ great views. We had breakfast, lunch & dinner, Every meal was a joy! The wines a little pricey, but they let you cork it over to the next night. On one evening for our special dinner they found a ton of rose petals (mind you this is the tail end of their dry season) to sprinkle over our little corner that had become our favorite spot to eat. Then they had these 2 candelabra with huge candles. Very romantic.! They use candles at night throughout the place indoors & out extensively & it gives the place a very warm feeling. They also have a piped music system that plays a variety of latin pop, jazz etc.
There is a gym for those inclined and a rectangular lap pool with a few cocoon loungers.
We only ventured out twice during our 4 night stay. Once to visit Santiago, one of 12 villages surrounding the lake for a little culture with the boat and guide provided by our hosts. The other outing was a 10 minute walk to the small village that CP belongs to, Santa Catarina to watch multitudes of colorfully embroidered female weavers some w/ velvet headresses. Very intricate!!
Another very popular outing is to visit the very colorful village of Chichicastenago about an hour away by car on Thursdays or Sundays when they have their open market days. We left that one for another trip because we enjoyed CP so much!
For those in need to stay connected free good WiFi is available.
ALL the staff was eager to help & to serve!! Very warm & friendly!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Casa Palopó. Perched above spectacular Lake Atitlan with a view of three volcanoes and located in the Guatemalan Highlands, Casa Palopó offers two distinct brands of romantic relaxation for the sophisticated traveler. Choose from the charming and colorful accommodations in the main building, which features seven spacious rooms decorated with contemporary and indigenous artwork. A large living room with fireplace, gourmet restaurant, elegantly set tables are set in intimate clusters inside the relaxed dining room and on the glassed terrace, additional tables spread along the wide veranda, 6.8 Palopó is the place to catch an uninterrupted view of spectacular sunsets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Casa Palopo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Palopo Hotel Santa Catarina Palopo
- Casa Palopo Santa Catarina
- Casa Palopo Guatemala/Santa Catarina Palopo, Lake Atitlan