Our plan was to do nothing but sit and stare at the view and I think this must be the best place we could have found to do it.
The hotel is really lovely. The rooms are great, comfy beds with white sheets and duvets. Lots of colour and character. Amazing lake views from our rooms.
Also thought the food was great and not too overpriced. The terrace outside is really sweet, with lovely candles at night. The lounge also has comfy chairs and an open fire to sit in front of if the wind gets up at night.
Most people here seem to be older couples here for one or two nights doing standard lake tours. But this was also a lovely place to relax for a couple of days if you're not on the tour circuit.
Staff were lovely and all very helpful. The manager did perhaps ignore us slightly in favour of the older clientele but we didn't mind.
The view of the lake is probably the best there is for afternoon sun and amazing sun sets. Also right in front of the elephant inside boa-constrictor from le petit prince! Bit of a shame that the view from the pool is obscured. Don't miss the garden and path down to the lake which we only discovered on our last day.
Overall a really special place to stay. Loved it!
- Also Known As:
- Casa Palopo Hotel
- Casa Palopo Hotel Santa Catarina Palopo
- Casa Palopo Santa Catarina
- Casa Palopo Hotel Santa Catarina
- Casa Palopo Guatemala/Santa Catarina Palopo, Lake Atitlan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Casa Palopó. Perched above spectacular Lake Atitlan with a view of three volcanoes and located in the Guatemalan Highlands, Casa Palopó offers two distinct brands of romantic relaxation for the sophisticated traveler. Choose from the charming and colorful accommodations in the main building, which features seven spacious rooms decorated with contemporary and indigenous artwork. A large living room with fireplace, gourmet restaurant, elegantly set tables are set in intimate clusters inside the relaxed dining room and on the glassed terrace, additional tables spread along the wide veranda, 6.8 Palopó is the place to catch an uninterrupted view of spectacular sunsets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Casa Palopo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.