Lake Atitlan has the reputation for being one of the most beautiful lakes in the world -- and it lives up to its reputation. Casa Palopo nestles into a hill above the lake far enough from even the small town in which it is located that it creates an environment of great serenity. Its best feature is its large terrace overlooking the lake where you can sit and watch in the morning as the mist clears from the lake and the volcanoes beyond or in the evening as the sun sets and achieve a remarkable calm no matter what stresses you may have in your life. Besides the facility, the staff is ever helpful and management extraordinarily accomodating (offering to put us up in a suite at the rate we were paying for our room when our flight home was cancelled due to a snowstorm and the hotel was otherwise full).
The small towns around the lake are wonderful and you should be sure to charter a boat and spend the day boating to and wandering among them. We travel all over the world and have visited many wonderful places. Lake Atitlan ranks up there with Bhutan, Morocco (especially Berber country), the Cotswolds in England, Luang Prubang in Laos, Hoi An in Vietnam and the islands off Phuket as one of our favorites. If you go to Lake Atitlan, Casa Palopo is the place to stay.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Palopo Hotel
- Casa Palopo Hotel Santa Catarina Palopo
- Casa Palopo Santa Catarina
- Casa Palopo Hotel Santa Catarina
- Casa Palopo Guatemala/Santa Catarina Palopo, Lake Atitlan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Casa Palopó. Perched above spectacular Lake Atitlan with a view of three volcanoes and located in the Guatemalan Highlands, Casa Palopó offers two distinct brands of romantic relaxation for the sophisticated traveler. Choose from the charming and colorful accommodations in the main building, which features seven spacious rooms decorated with contemporary and indigenous artwork. A large living room with fireplace, gourmet restaurant, elegantly set tables are set in intimate clusters inside the relaxed dining room and on the glassed terrace, additional tables spread along the wide veranda, 6.8 Palopó is the place to catch an uninterrupted view of spectacular sunsets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Casa Palopo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.