“A special place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Chirripo

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Isidro de El General
Hotel Chirripo
On Calle 1, between Avenida 2 and 4, faces Parque Central, San Isidro de El General, Costa Rica   |
Lubbecke, Germany
“A special place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We arrived in Perez Zeledon without any place to stay, not knowing anything of the city. Our decision was finally made, as we saw that on of the probably best located hotels in town fitted perfectly to our small budget: 13500 colones for the cheapest twin, which made about 27 dollars for two. The hotel has everything you need, it's very clean, wifi is fast enough for skyping and they have a restaurant downstairs that serves brilliant comida típica.

As the Hotel Chirripó appeared quite basic in the beginning, it turned out to be a special place though, just because of the staff working there. The receptionist helped us heaps organizing a fascinating trip to the Cerro Chirripó, which definitely wouldn't have happened without his help; they gave us loads of travel advice and made possible a unique view into tico lifestyle. At the end of our stay, we felt like home. There's probably just one answer on the friendliness of that hotel's staff: ¡Pura vida!

I strongly recommend that place!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Granada, Nicaragua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed here on the recommendation of a friend, and I'm glad I did. I chose a private room with shared bathrooms. The room, bathrooms, and whole hotel are all very clean. The staff is friendly and helpful. I will pop in here again if my travels take me through San Isidro!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Recently in Perez Zeledon on business, I chose this hotel because of it's excellent location (faces the Parque Central) and Gated Parking with Security Cameras. The entrance is a little hidden and reception is down a hall, behind window barrier. I was offered my choice of two rooms--one small, clean and neat with a fan, the other larger with A/C and three beds--but kind of weird back corridor location..so I chose the smaller room just off the lobby.. The fan was enough to make the room comfortable and I slept well. The Staff was very accommodating and offered to give me a coupon for my breakfast at a nearby restaurant. The Hotel Chirripo Restaurant is going through a complete remodel and will be out of commission for a period of time. This wasn't convenient, but I enjoyed exploring the downtown area for a breakfast alternative. See Kafe de la Casa. If you want basic, inexpensive accommodations in the middle of town, this is the place!

Room Tip: I asked to see the different room types and was promptly and enthusiastically given a tour of the av...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Right on the central parque, Hotel Chirripo has freiendly and helpful staff, bright and spotless rooms, with large bathrooms, some with balconies. Sheets are pure white cotton, crisply ironed, pillows are soft. I only wished that the town was more intersting, so that I could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter, but those at the front have balconies, and the street noise quietens...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Slept here 1 night. The hotel is located in the (not so pretty) center of San Isidro, very close to the bus station.

I took the renovated room without airco and with private bath. The room was really nice and clean. It was very welcome after spend some days in shared bathrooms and dorms.

The people were very nice and spoke english very well.

Room Tip: I stayed in the renovated room with private bath and fan, which was very nice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We met a young man on the bus from SJO, he asked where we were staying. We said we didnt really know but heard Hotel Chirripo was good. When we got off the bus we were swarmed by taxi drivers. This young fellow yelled to follow him. His dad was waiting for him They gave us a ride right to the door of Hotel Chirripo. Great place, clean, quiet, very friendly very comfortable. The restraunt was closedfor renovations but the keeper recommended a great bar just up the street. In the morning he gave us vouchers for a perfect soda next door and had a real Costa Rican breakfast. The keeper also had lined up a taxi for us to go to San Gerardo. Would def stay there again. nice area to walk around too.

Room Tip: if you are coming by musoc bus. This hotel is not that far, only a few blocks. Its right beside the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Route 66
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Great location, Great Price, and Great People at the desk....

Located "on the square" you are in the center of what action may be happening....

Traveling Solo, I paid $16 USD for a single room with a shared bath... While very basic, it was extremely clean. A fan and a TV in the room was a nice touch. The fan was necessary.

Shower and Toilet right across the hall......quick dash naked and nobody knows!!

Best part were the people at the Desk......Warner and Michael were always helpful with plenty of suggestions.

The restaurant in front is under renovation, so I can't comment on that......

But a great Soda a few blocks away is Soda Molina......Located on the outside of the Mercado adjoining the Central Bus Station...

If I'm back in San Isidro, I'll be back at the Hotel Chirripo...

Room Tip: 46 was fine!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Chirripo? Share your experiences!