“Like my home in Nepal” 5 of 5 stars

Panday's Paradise
Santchowk 4 Jawalakhel, Patan (Lalitpur) 4192, Nepal   |
“Like my home in Nepal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I booked my two-night stay the late evening before arriving at Patan. Even though it was very last minute, a pleasant welcome email arrived promptly the very next morning, offering pick-up service for me to get to the guesthouse stress-free. They picked me up at where I wanted (Thamel Chowk), and about half an hour later we arrived at Panday's Paradise.

The guesthouse is situated at a wonderful location - a nice walking distance away from the bustling Durbar Square so that you could both easily explore the city on foot and enjoy some peaceful and quiet time.

The moment I stepped into Panday's Paradise I knew I had made a wise choice. It's got a charming garden with chirping birds, blooming flowers, exotic herbs, and lots and lots of fruit trees, including guavas, plums, pears, pomegranates, oranges, etc.

After marveling at the garden, I was led to my room. It was spotless (from a neat freak's standard), spacious, relaxing, and elegantly decorated. There were lots of windows so that there was plenty of sunshine in the room, and that you wouldn't feel the need to turn on the fan. From browsing around the room, you could tell that the host is very detail-oriented and strives to ensure a comfortable stay for the guests. The room has a water boiler, tea bags, a portable heater, and even some board games. The ensuite bathroom is clean and well stocked with fresh towels and basic toiletry items. Most importantly, there was hot shower at any time of the day!!!!!!! (If you've been traveling around Nepal, you'd know how luxurious that is!) Moreover, even though there was on average a 12-hour electricity cut everyday, the room had lights and a working socket which you could charge your devices any time. The Wifi signal was fast and stable and accessible right in the comfort of your room. The breakfast is thoughtfully prepared - coffee/tea, toasts, cheese, eggs, sweets, and fresh fruits.

How can I talk about Panday's Paradise without mentioning the lovely people working there. It is a family-run guesthouse, and the host, Ram Kumar Panday is a very warm and knowledgeable gentleman. Not only is he a great gardener, he is also a poet and a painter, and has published many books and poetry. His wife is also a lovely lady, who kindly invited me to join the family for lunch and dinner on the day I arrived, since it was the day the driver of the guesthouse celebrated for his 6-month-old son the first time he ate rice. The Nepali dal bhat I had was extremely tasty, and some of the ingredients actually came directly from the garden!

During my stay here, Ram's son, Tethys, happened to be in town from Norway too, and he kindly offered to show me around different sights. He was indeed the best guide one could hope for. Not only did he explain to me stories of different Hindu Deities, he also showed me some great restaurants in town that not only offered delicious food but also a spectacular view. Strolling down the ancient streets of Bungamati and soaking up the serene local vibe was one of the fondest memories I had on the trip.

The staff working here are all extremely helpful and genuinely welcoming. You can tell that they really enjoy working here, which says a lot about the nature and the management of the guesthouse as well.

Overall, I feel blessed to have stayed at Panday's Paradise. Without them, my trip would not have been as unique and as memorable. I will sure come back to Panday's Paradise next time I'm visiting Nepal - it's truly a home away from home.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)

Been to Panday's Paradise? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Panday's Paradise

Address: Santchowk 4 Jawalakhel, Patan (Lalitpur) 4192, Nepal
Location: Nepal > Central Region > Bagmati Zone > Kathmandu Valley > Patan (Lalitpur)
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service
Ranked #8 of 36 B&Bs / Inns in Patan (Lalitpur)
Panday’s Paradise is a private guest house which was on commission from 15.01.2014. The guest is located near Kathmandu in a very peaceful place. Our target is to provide the best home stay and service to our guests. Panday’s Paradise is aiming to be a guest house different from other guest houses. The satisfaction of the guests is our priority. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Panday's Paradise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Panday's Paradise Nepal/Kathmandu Valley - Patan (Lalitpur)

If you own or manage Panday's Paradise, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.