“Western fare” 5 of 5 stars

+977 1 5548179
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican, Continental, Café
Description: The Vesper Cafe is all about wholesome of Italian, Mexican and continental goodies amidst the cozy homely atmosphere in a neo-classic decor. Our mission is to provide delicious cuisine with charming and timely service in a warm and vibrant atmosphere. our dedicated and friendly staff are always on hand to help with whatever you need. We also have a children's play room where parents can watch their children play live through smartphones/iphone and laptop while the parents enjoy their meal. Also an added feature is a family/business room for 8-10 people.
Kelowna, Canada
“Western fare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

great atmosphere, excellent food, good service, wide variety on the menu: pizza, pasta, burgers, nachos, risotto, chicken etc.

Visited February 2014

Kathmandu, Nepal
“Great ambience, Overpriced food, Small portions, Service needs attention”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

This seems to be one of the nicest restaurants in terms of atmosphere in Lalitpur district. We walked by it several times and finally made the inclination to try it. The staff started out very accommodating and helpful and were always friendly but the service really deteriorated as time went on.
The menu is impressive and comprehensive, but I noted the wine list to be very expensive for some of the wines that I knew about, but a decent list all the same. I was very excited to see 'mole poblano', a speciality Mexican dish on the menu. We ordered this and a salad as we were not that hungry.
As we waited, the ambience was nice and relaxing.
When the food came, it was disappointing to see the size of the salad and the mole, especially given the price. The salad was average and for the price you would have expected something creative at least as a garnish.
The mole poblano: firstly look up this dish on Google Images and then go to this restaurant and order it. You will be completely shocked. Not only in terms of presentation but taste and texture as well (if you know mole). It was not remotely similar in any way. It was basically a Nepalese curry with small chunks of poorly cut chicken pieces (with cartilage & some bone fragments). The spices they used were nothing to do with the Mexican equivalent.
AFter we received the meal, the waiter no longer came to our table (in which we may have ordered more drinks). He came when we were long finished and asked how it was. I politely told him to share with the chef to take the dish of the menu of for the reasons politely explained above.
He made no effort to offer any apology, replacement or take it off the bill. This might also portray then management at Vesper. Ok that is fine. It is just disappointing. I will say the pizza's looked great and asked the table next to us what they thought of them. They said the pizza was good but the minestrone soup they both had was 'very interesting' with a mutual chuckle after overhearing my conversation with the waiter.
I still think it is a nice place to visit for a nice evening out with friends but avoid the Mexican menu as they have no clue what they are making, and don't expect high standards of food quality as it does not match the atmosphere.
I agree with the review of 21 May below…more realistic with my experience at Vesper.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Beautful atmosphere and amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Not only is it such a diamond in Kathmandu, but the food is just incredible. The wine menu is very extensive and the pairing suggestions with the food were just perfect. The spicy beef dish was my favorite as well as the chicken wrap. I wish they would open one in New York City. They would do fantastic here. The service was very attentive and we were very well taken care off. I recommend this to anybody that goes to Kathmandu and wants an incredible experience for your pallets.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Haarlem, The Netherlands
“Lovely peaceful place with great ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Beautiful restaurant in a lovely garden with nice lights and candles. Service is good and the manager is very nice. We had dinner two times here and both times it was really good! Loved the pizzas. Oh and the bathrooms are so nice and clean.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Bad service, decent but overpriced food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I went here after reading the reviews, thinking I was in for a real treat. All I can say is it was average, and I won't go back. Service was initially attentive, but gradually declined..of course until it was time for me to pay/tip, and my waiter magically reappeared and was quite attentive. Blue cheese salad ordered was missing two key ingredients entirely, and the cheese was barely noticeable. The good thing is that they took it off my bill when I pointed it out and they confirmed that indeed, they were out of the ingredients. Pizza was fine, nice thin crust and good toppings. Neither the salad nor the pizza were worth the cost. But it really was the poor service that turned me off to this place. Won't be back.

Visited May 2014