“Get away from it all” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nagarkot Farmhouse Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nagarkot
Nagarkot Farmhouse Resort
You added Nagarkot Farmhouse Resort to your Saves list
Nagarkot, Nepal   |
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Nagarkot
Reading, United Kingdom
“Get away from it all”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I've been to this charming hotel three times and never been disappointed,
except this time by the unseasonal weather which blotted out the spectacular
mountain views I knew were behind the fog! The staff were friendly and attentive,
as usual. The food was generous and tasty, with fresh vegetables from the hotel's
kitchen garden. There is an open fire in the dining room, where guests gather to chat
before the evening meal. The company on this visit was excellent. After dinner, the staff
collected our room keys in order to put hot water bottles in our beds - lovely! The bed was
very comfortable and I slept well under the down duvet. The rooms are furnished in traditional
style and are very large, with picture windows, The gardens are peaceful, well-kept and full of orchids. There is a small hilltop Buddhist shrine decked with colourful prayer-flags. This hotel is a special place, full of character and run by people who care about it. The reason the road isn't made up is to preserve the peace of the place. Our taxi left us to the gate, as did other people's. Minor glitches may happen - this is Nepal! - but can't spoil the experience of this exceptional place.

Room Tip: Ask for room 15 for the most spectacular views
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Durban, South Africa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

Our experience was from from delightful. The road in was in a shocking state to the point our taxi had to stop 1km from the lodge. When we eventually got to the lodge the enty was blocked with rubble, debri, cut wood which we had to step over. The gardens were overgrown and full of weeds, the rooms smelt fusty and sparcely appointed with very little lighting. The facilities were run down and not cared for and the staff, when we could find them, where not very helpful. We booked ourselves out a day later and went to Fort Resort - which we loved.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

It's an interesting experience to suffer foodborne illness (and diarrhoea) and be expected to walk 2.5kms with a heavy pack to reach the Farmhouse! But to my good fortune, the 'hotel' did send a staff member on motorbike to pick up my bag. But what about me? I had to foot it alone since there was no transport available (or at least, not for a single female guest). On my arrival at the 'retreat', I was kindly escorted to my room downstairs which was furthest away from the main office building. For the first days while I was recovering from sickness, no one bothered to check on me. There was no hot water and the room was uncomfortably cold (mid April). After three days I finally put the 'hard word' on management, insisting I change rooms to one which had hot water! So be smart and pick your room carefully. Groups (even if 2-3 people) are looked after better, however, the solo traveller can be literally left out in the cold. Also you singles out there, get to the dining table early otherwise you might not get a seat. One night I sat in the TV room to eat my evening meal because the tourist groups had taken over. Hmm 'buddhist retreat' with a strong commercial streak.

Room Tip: Ensure your room is near the main office building if you wish to shower in hot water.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

Hard to find anything not to like about the Farmhouse (except for the unavoidable, I suspect, lack of hot water and usual electricity problems). Our room was fabulous, by far the best we had anywhere in Nepal, with 180 degree vistas of the Himlayas. The staff were great, nothing too much trouble and they made us feel so welcome despite the fact we turned up unannounced, like drowned rats in an electric storm. The rates included all meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) - the cooking was good - although the menus we had over 2 days lacked variety.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

I stayed at Nagarkot Farnhouse Resort a couple of days in January. It's actually a great place: views of the Himalaya are stunning, service is prompt and friendly, food was good and always large. Rooms are very large and nice although I have to say no hot water has been available for two days but the personnel has willingly given to me the chance to have very hot and long shower in the main building (above the reception/restaurant) so the problem actually did not exist. Lovely walk to the village downhill and o Nagarkot (simple, no trekking) although the road was a bit diffcult. Rooms were cold but there was a gas heater in each room which was switched on every night and after dinner all guests were given a hot water bag.

Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

just a short 2 hour drive from kathmandu, perched on top of valley, great hospitable rural place. no frills but very relaxing with well kept grounds.

decent food, friendly staff, fantastic views (depends very much on time of year) and super value. good base for walks around the area. probably best location in nagarkot as away from town center. only downside was rock hard matress making for difficult sleep.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
On the Road
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

I had been to Nagarkot on a prior trip and stayed in another local hotels that I found disappointing. The Farmhouse Resort was a far better experience. When we arrived, we were served a traditional Nepali meal that was excellent and plentiful. After a sudden cancellation, our host upgraded our rooms (including famous room 15 on the corner). Accommodation is simple but very comfortable and it's well kept. We had haze the morning of our stay, but the views would normally be astounding in clear weather. Ask for a tour of their garden - very interesting.

Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Been to Nagarkot Farmhouse Resort? Share your experiences!