“Wish every town had a hotel like this!” 5 of 5 stars

Union Square Guest Quarters
234 E Main, El Dorado, AR 71730   |
Ranked #1 of 2 El Dorado B&B and Inns
Lafayette, Indiana
“Wish every town had a hotel like this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

We stayed here to visit El Dorado, where my husband was born and hadn't seen for 35 years. This place was just amazing, we loved walking around the quaint little town and walking to the gym for a little swimming. The breakfast was a great bonus, and the train car it is served in made even breakfast memorable. While there is not a lot to do in El Dorado, we would go back just to stay here again. It was so nice to sit on the little balcony in the evening and chat with my family. If I could just add one thing, it would be a mini fridge to keep drinks in. But other than that, this place was perfect.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a balcony.
  • Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

25 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Smithtown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

This place is beyond great. I like the idea that it's above all the shops in downtown. The rooms were very tastefully decorated. It was within walking distance of all the restaurants and bars, which is nice. What I really appreciated was the free pass to Healthworks which was two or three blocks away. It has a nice pool, but being in a rush, I didn't check out the rest of the facility, but I'm sure that it was top-notch. I long tired of the HI Express-type hotels and my colleague picked a winner with USGQ.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

There are multiple hotel chains with locations in the El Dorado area, but the Union Square Guest Quarters is the only true option when visiting South Arkansas. The rooms are always clean, well kept, updated, close to everything, great for our kids and the staff is there for any need. No request is too much to ask...they truely understand how to take care of the customer. If you are traveling in the area for business or pleasure, you will not be dissapointed in USGQ.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
little rock, ar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

WE have stayed here numerous times over the past three years. We are always amazed at how wonderful this place continues to be. Attention to detail, clean rooms, great breakfast and staff. ........ Joanie is going on our Christmas Card list this year.... and may get invited to Thanksgiving dinner before too long! Thanks USGQ, you are a bright spot in our traveling universe.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

I travel to El Dorado on business frequently. This place is by far the B&B/Inn I've stayed in. Heck, I'd live in one of these rooms if I could. I've stayed in many different rooms, including the suite with the kitchen. There are 3 buildings.....2 right on the square (with balconies) and one around the corner. They also have a house a few blocks away, but I've not been there.
My last stay was in room J15 (around the corner). It was very nice. Big with a desk and sitting area. Nice sized bathroom and separate dressing table. (I attached pictures, but you can find pics of every room on the website). Each room is in converted warehouses or apartments above shops. The ceilings are high and some rooms have exposed brick walls. All have lots of character with unique furniture.
There is a reception area but I've never been there before 5:00 so I've not seen it. But that doesn't matter.....you don't need to speak to anyone to get into your room. They call it the "5 second check-in". You make the reservation and get an email from Joanie with a code to your lock box. Open the lock box, retrieve your key, head to your room. But, should you need anything, Joanie answers the phone at all hours. This is not a full-service hotel (front desk, room-service, bellboy, etc), but personally, there is absolutely nothing that I miss.
Ammenties in the room include coffee maker, water, soda, wifi, & tv. There is also a pass to the gym around the corner and drink tickets at the pub off the square.
Breakfast is served in front of the rail car. Ham, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, cereal, biscuits, & yogurt. For dinner, head across the street to FayRays.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
little rock, ar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

Great place to stay. Rooms are all quaint and clean. Wifi, good breakfast. Personal service taken to an extreme. We would stay nowhere else.

Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Allen, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

We usually dread a trip to see our family in El Dorado because of inadequate guest accommodations. I can't understate our delight when we walked into our room last weekend. The room was clean, extremely comfortable, quiet, roomy and teeming with character. I never expected to find a boutique hotel like this in El Dorado. The location is extremely convenient to restaurants, shopping and the rest of town. We were traveling with an infant and the management was completely accommodating. There is no doubt where we will be staying on all future trips to El Dorado.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Been to Union Square Guest Quarters? Share your experiences!