“Go Early” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Plainview
“Go Early”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We went last night and made the mistake of going on the late side. The food was good and well priced. We ordered the Fried Mushrooms as an appetizer. The batter was light and crispy and the mushrooms very flavorful. Not the typical over-battered frozen stuff. It came with a great garlic dipping sauce. Even though it was an appetizer for one, it was more than enough to share between the three of us. My husband and I ordered the crab legs. He got salad and onion rings with his and I got a loaded baked potatoe and corn on the cob with mine. His salad was crisp and well presented. There was a slight mix up with his onion rings so they arrived after we started eating, but it only took them a few minutes to get them to him. Again, the batter was light and crunchy and he liked that they were hand made. The only downfall was that three of the onion rings were actually entire onion slices like someone forgot to separate the rings before battering and frying them. My loaded baked potato was very good, but my corn on the cob was more than a little dried out. The crab legs were really good. We were a little nervous at first because they are served wrapped in aluminum foil, but the reason soon became clear. They use a peppery spice on their crab legs and use the aluminum foil to steam the flavor inside. The spice was just enough to add interesting flavor without being so hot that I could not eat it. Our daughter ordered the chicken tender basket which came with fries and Texas toast. When it came out, the fries were actually chive fries. It was good, but not expected since the menu did not point that out. Our server was nice, but a little hard to find at times. There were several times where she walked right by our table as I was trying to get her attention. I finally had to get up and stand right in her path.

Now the reason to go early. As I mentioned, we made the mistake of going on the late side of dinner. Expect a lot of noise. While we were there, the band was setting up and warming up. To be blunt, this nice restaurant transforms into a meat market/bar scene. I was more than a little shocked at the camel toe and cellulite show coming in the door. One woman's dress didn't even cover her lady parts (yet they let her in) and I began to wonder if they were having a street walker's convention. If you are dining with your family, go early or don't go at all.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Dardanelle, Arkansas
“Great for a beautiful outdoor meal.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We went to Front Street Grill last Thursday and I must say I was surprisingly impressed. They had a crawfish boil going, however we had the hamburgers. They were excellent. The service was wonderful and it was priced reasonably. Not a place I would personally take kids to, but the atmosphere was nice for a date night. They had an excellent musician performing acoustic sets on the deck and the weather was wonderful.

Dardanelle, Arkansas
“Hometown Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

This little restaurant is in our back yard and we love it. Crablegs Tues nights are very good. Get there early! Also feature Jocko on Tuesday nights playing his acoustic guitar to your requests.

Visited April 2012
Russellville, Arkansas
“Depends on what you like”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

The place is a bar/grill. During the day the atmosphere is pretty laid back and its more of a nicer restaurant. Around 9:00 pm they have a band it turns into more of a bar-like atmosphere. The prices aren't terrible, and depends on what you get, but most of the food is pretty good. A volleyball court in the back and outdoor seating, there is usually plenty to do. Open til 2:00 am at least on Fridays and Saturdays.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Conway
“Okay, but question the menu.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

Had the steak salad. The steak was good, but according to the muen, was romaine and spinach. Came with iceburg lettuce. They didn't even have cesar dressing.

Blue Cheese burger was good.

• Visited November 2011