“Exceeded expectations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Conway

You added BEST WESTERN Conway to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Conway
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   816 E Oak Street, Interstate 40 & 64 East, Conway, AR 72032   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Conway
Fort Worth, Texas
“Exceeded expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I feel I got my money's worth. The bed was comfortable. I loved the hair dryer (Andis Hangup). It dried my hair quickly, and I plan to get one someday. I just wish they had told me how to get all the TV channels because there was a trick to it. I was too exhausted to call information. I asked the following day if they just had 7 channels, and it was explained to me that I had to enter the code from the information sheet that was provided at check-in. Oh. That would have been nice to know earlier. I figured that they only had a few channels because of the lower room rates.
I placed a bottle of water in the fridge and it was frozen the following day. I changed the temperature setting. Guessing the previous guest had selected the coldest (freezer) setting, and it was not corrected when the room was prepared for the next guest.
I stayed two nights, and I was surprised that housekeeping was done. The room was tided up and the bed was made. Coffee was replenished. Again, I was not expecting it for the money I paid. The location was A+. Wow, a Golden Corral for a weekend breakfast. How good is that!!!! P.S. They provided wake-up calls for both nights.

Room Tip: Check the refrigerator setting and question the number of channels if you can't get them upon ar...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
bwconway, Manager at BEST WESTERN Conway, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
I would like to apologize that several channels on your television were not showing up. We are currently installing new flat screens in all of our rooms and have recently realized that the remote will not scan to each channel. This is an issue that we are working on, and our service technician should have it resolved in a matter of a couple days. I do realize how frustrating this is and would like to apologize again for that inconvenience.

BEST WESTERN - Conway

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

The maid admitted they spray with air freshener; we could not get the smell out, it made me feel sick. The fan on the AC blows air up and in from a sidewalk outside that smells like it has been heavily peed on, so the room smells of pee also. Try turning it off, the room quickly gets too stuffy and the highway noises come thundering in through the thin walls, not to mention the sounds of neighboring lodgers. The beds are way too squishy for me.

The breakfast wasn't bad - variety of sweet things (donuts, waffles), bisquits and gravy, eggs, bagels and cream cheese, cereals. Coffee ok.

• Stayed August 2012
bwconway, Manager at BEST WESTERN Conway, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
I am sorry your stay with us was not exceptional. Unfortunately, a look in our system for your name did not produce any results so I am not sure if this review is correctly posted or not. Regardless, I would like to address your comments. We do not use an air freshener. Fresheners merely mask odors. We use eliminators. Second, our air conditioning units do not pull from outside. They are not set up to do so. They recirculate the air from within the room. We do hope that you come back and stay with us again soon so that we may offer you an exceptional stay!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed one night on Saturday, July 2012. For the price, it was very nice. I was expecting it to be run down, but it wasn't. They have nice, fairly new looking countertops, molding (a trim) around the ceiling, contrasting paint on the walls, up-to-date lighting fixtures and various nuances that make the general area seem a bit homey. The room is nice with updated toilet, shower, sink and countertops.It also features contrasting paint and molding where the ceiling and wall meets.

The rooms are not in a building. You walk into the office, pay and get your key to go to your room. The parking isn't bad, but there should be better lighting at nighttime.

Upon entering our room, we noticed a very masculine scent. The room was clean, so we weren't able to figure that out.

The bed is where this chain loses one circle because it was hard, a bit squeaky and sloppily made.

Another circle is lost because of the toilet. It filled VERY slowly and it wasn't filling all the way due to a faulty flapper (I know because I've diagnosed this problem more than once in a toilet).

All in all, BWC isn't ritzy or flashy. Nor is it run down. It's a basic but upgraded motel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

A relief to find a room so reasonable in an area of high prices. Updated decor, clean, Golden Corral adjacent...right by I 40.

• Stayed July 2012
bwconway, Manager at BEST WESTERN Conway, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
I am glad you enjoyed our updated rooms. We are currently in the process of upgrading our televisions to 32LC5HD flatscreens as well as updating our lighting fixtures. I do apologize for the slow-filling toilet. I will ask our maintenane manager to fix this issue. As per the hard mattress, I do realize we have approximately ten queen mattresses that need replaced and will be ordering those soon. We look forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN - Conway and appreciate your feedback!

BW - Conway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Worst hotel stay ever. I'm sure it was just my experience. My replacement bug free room was ok. the first room was bug ridden and not very clean.

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Conway, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I do apologize for the cockroach in your room. Our unseasonably hot weather coupled with the lack of rain has caused an increase in pests in the hospitality industry this summer, especially for those properties with outside entrances such as ours. We do have a contract with a pest control service that has doubled their efforts over the past few months to make sure our rooms are reserved for guests only. Again, I would like to apologize that that was not the case during your visit. I am glad we were able to move you into a room that better met your expectations as well as Best Western's standards. If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at the property. Thank you!

BEST WESTERN - Conway
501.329.9855
Protem, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

I've been to this Best Western a couple of times with no bad experiences. I rate it higher than any other Best Western that I've stayed at. Easy to spot from the highway and I was able to park my fishing boat very close to my room. There is a great lake nearby and as you would expect for a southern lake it's full of lilly pads and cypress trees. Fridge and microwave in the room, a comfortable chair and ottoman. The comp breakfast is just fine with biscuits,gravy, eggs, fruit, etc.. Krispy Kreme donuts! The location is on a busy commercial street with many other places to eat.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Sedona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

I picked this motel thinking I would have some place to walk my dog. There is nothing around it but pavement and businesses. Otherwise very clean and easy place to get food. I would recommend it if you do not have a pet. Easy in and out.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to BEST WESTERN Conway? Share your experiences!