“The PERFECT Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Clarksville
Colorado Springs, CO
“The PERFECT Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

This was a wonderful hotel! It was easy to get to, the staff were very friendly, the hotel was immaculate, the room was beautifully decorated, extremely clean & also quiet. We loved our stay at this hotel. Our room had a medium size frig & microwave. It is right off the interstate but only the entrance faces the interstate & not the rooms so you could only hear the interstate if you tried to listen for it because you knew it was there. The tub/shower in our room had beautiful stone tiles on the interior - it was so lovely, I have never seen a hotel with such high quality & beauty on the shower walls. I wanted to post a photo but left my camera in the car. Our room was very clean, the staff helpful & friendly. If I had to say anything negative it would be - the beds were hard. I believe this to be the case because it is such a new hotel & the more the beds are used, they will soften up. I tried the bed by the window & it was too hard on my back that I couldn't sleep on it but tried the bed next to the bathroom & it was much better to sleep on thus, I knew it was used more often by previous travelers. But the hardness probably won't bother others - I have a previous back injury so my back is very sensitive. The breakfast was the standard Holiday Inn Express food - not a whole lot but very filling. Yogurt, milk, cereal, oatmeal, cheese omelets, bacon, biscuits, gravy, breads, jam, peanut butter. Enough to fill you for your trip. We would love to stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Travelers Rest, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

We stayed 5 nights. Nice, clean, large, modern rooms. All of the staff went way out of the way to be friendly and helpful, even responding positively to some of our unusual and somewhat outlandish requests. Breakfast was exceptional. The eggs were freshly cooked and non-rubbery. Coffee was available 24 hrs. Yummy cookies available evenings.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

We stayed here on our way down "south". Our 32nd anniversary night even. Let me tell you if things go wrong at all, these folks try their darndest to please you! The manager is a sweet gal with a great southern accent - she actually called us from home to be sure we were ok! They were having some internet issues, etc. You know, I bet hotels wish it had never been invented. You can take a perfectly nice hotel, screw up the internet service, and people get upset! :) The pool could have been cleaner, but ya know, it's outside (yay) and it's summertime! Most HIE beds are super - this one was terriffic! Room was great and clean & we had ice on OUR floor - I hate it when you have to trek 3 floors down to get your ice bucket filled! Breakfast was usual HIE fare - with friendly gal checking to be sure everything was ok for everyone.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2009

This is a great place to stay. I have stayed there six times over the past five months on business trips and it is always consistently super clean, the staff is wonderful and efficient (accept for this moody and sometimes mean manager named Tammy) and it is also a quiet hotel. It seems brand new and if it is not, then it is just impeccably well kept. The lobby reminds you of one in a big city, there are flat screen tv's in the rooms and the free breakfast is delicious and you won't believe that all that is free! Did I say the room and bathrooms are SUPER clean?!! Amenities in the room are as plush as a Sheraton and whenever I have to layover on business, I rather stay here than anywhere in Little Rock, the nearest major city that is about an hour and a half away. Beds are dreamy and comfy with lovely, fluffy pillows. Like being home away from home--and I have a nice home! But when I can't be there, I am glad to be at this particular Holiday Inn Express. Sorry if I am laying it on but seriously, I am so picky and this place met my standards! I would want someone to write an accurate review for my benefit if they were like me. I just want all the picky people out there to know they have some place to stay in Arkansas if they need one, and the price will not break the bank! Also, there is internet.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Deep South
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2008

We spent one night here while we were driving back home from Kansas CIty, MO and trying to get back to the Deep South before a winter storm hit. Motel was new and very nice. Lobby was very inviting and pleasant on a cold damp night. The staff was pleasant, helpful and caring. Our room couldn't have been better and there was even a local paper waiting outside our door the next morning.

Breakfast had good choices and the staff again was very pleasant.

Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if I am ever in the area.

• Liked — It was all very nice.
  • Disliked — No complaints.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clarksville? Share your experiences!