“Don't reserve a Priority Club Rewards night here!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Camden
Missouri
“Don't reserve a Priority Club Rewards night here!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

I had booked a Priority Club Rewards night here. When we arrived, the clerk told us that she was having problems with the Rewards reservation, and suggested that we "go somewhere" for a while and then check back. We asked if the hotel had some information on local points of interest, but they had none. Only after I called the 1-800 Priority Rewards customer service number were we able to check in. The manager was quite unfriendly when we checked in, and appeared to be "put out" when I asked her for a second room key card. When we checked out the next morning, the clerk was unable to give us any kind of receipt, although I asked for a document verifying that my credit card had not been charged--which I have received at other HIEs when I used a Rewards night. The clerk very sarcastically asked me if I wanted a blank piece of paper.
The hotel appeared to be deteriorating, and maintenance attempts seemed inferior. Our room had new carpet, but the floor beneath had ridges and seemed defective. The paint job on the bathroom walls was very sloppy, and the threshold was badly scratched and worn. The air conditioner ran continuously, but throughout the night our room was either hot or cold, although we did not change the setting. When we went out to our car the next morning to load our luggage in our car, the lawn sprinklers were spraying our car directly. It was impossible to get in the passenger's seat or put anything in the trunk without getting soaked.
I usually prefer to stay at Holiday Inn Express when one is available, but I do not plan to stay at this hotel again. The staff clearly did not appreciate our business, and I think one of the other newer establishments (e.g., the Comfort Inn) in the area would be a better choice.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Arkadelphia,AR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

Our nonsmoking double queen bed suite was clean,comfortable, and spacious. In addition to the mini-fridge and microwave, there is a small sink and cabinet area to prepare food. The hotel even had a selection of plastic utensils, disposable plates and bowls in the cabinet if needed. The pool area has several tables with chairs and umbrellas to provide shade, which I appreciate. The pool was a nice size, not one of the smaller ones. Breakfast selection included eggs, bacon, biscuits, cereals, muffins, bagels, juices,milk,coffee. The Kohler adjustable shower head provided a surprisingly enjoyable shower. Three vending machines offer a selection of drinks, snacks, and laundry cleaning products. I think there was a guest laundry, but since I didn't need to use it, I didn't pay much attention to it. There were a couple of minor drawbacks, but they would not keep me from staying at this hotel again.The reason for our stay here was to enjoy a short getaway not too far from home (was 1 and a half hours from home) and enjoy the pool over Memorial Day Weekend. Upon arrival, my girls and I immediately went to the room to get ready to swim in the pool. When we got in the pool, there were a LOT of bugs in it, so I had my daughter go ask the hotel clerk if she had a large cup we could use to get the bugs out of the pool. The clerk came to the pool and said that the maintenance man had cleaned it that morning, which I don't think he had. I asked if I could use the skimmer myself to make a quick job (5 minutes) of cleaning the bugs out of the pool, but she said it was locked up in the storage area. Instead, she gave us 4 12 oz. coffee cups, which took about 15 minutes to do the job. The rooms do not have flat screen TVs yet as the website mentions. I asked the evening hotel clerk, and she said that they would be getting them in the future and that the website had just gotten ahead of itself. Overall, my two girls and I enjoyed our short getaway over the Memorial Day weekend at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2009

Hello, I recently had no choice but to stay at this hotel. In the holiday inn chain this is probably the worst ive been in. They ran out of "regular" rooms and all they had avilabel were "suites". I have yet to figure out how this suite is different from any other room, all it had was a nasty, falling apart sink and a mini fridge. when i arrived she had no other rooms, so i stayed and i cant believe the price i paid for this dump. This place is a boil on the holiday inn chain as well as the service was beyond under sub par.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2009

Efficent Check-In/Check-Out clerk. Clean room. Comfortable stay. Small town atmosphere.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2008

Wow! Talk about service!

I checked in and was automatically amazed how efficient the staff was. Room was ready and waiting, and I couldn't have asked for one better. I was kinda worried when I saw that it was a pet friendly hotel, but I couldn't tell it upon entering the hotel nor in my room.

Very clean and still seems new. Had alot of people there for the academy(s) so parking was tight, but other than that no complaints! Breakfast was good, and check-out a breeze.

While in town be sure to check out the local resturants. Chelle's Buffet & Wood's Place are two great places to eat. Even if you have to wait, its worth it!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Express Camden? Share your experiences!