“Friendly Little Cafe” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Friendly Little Cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Visited Connies on a recommendation from my grandmother who lives in AR. I was visiting family in southern MO with my 2 little girls (2 yrs and 9 mo). It was an unexpectedly warm day for January, so we fed the fish at the marina and went here afterwards for lunch. It's a small cafe and you wouldn't think it'd be much but we were pleasantly surprised. Our meals were great. The portion sizes were much larger than we expected and I would not normally ever be able to finish a meal that size but it was so good that I ate until I was miserable. The waitress was also very good with my 2 young ones and my sister in laws 4 mo old. She made sure not to put the hot plates near them and didn't fill my 2 yr olds cup too full. This kind of stuff should be common sense but since I've had children I've learned it's not to some - I've been to much more fancy places with higher prices only to have a waitress hold hot plates almost over my daughters head. Anyway...we (myself, sister in law, and mother) were all very impressed with the food, prices, and service. I definitely recommend it and would go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
Yellville, Arkansas
“shared tables”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

If you are looking for average food with strangers being seated at your table then this cafe is for you.

Goldthwaite
“Big food small price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Great food at a reasonable price. Like down home food you get at Grandmas house. Not fancy just plenty of food and a good price.

Visited September 2012
Yellville, Arkansas
“Cozy Old Fashioned Cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

My wife and I have visited Connies maybe 5 times a year over the past several years. It is very typical of an "old fashioned" cafe and brings back memories of our travels in the 1950's and 60's. Food has always been excellent, goodly amounts, service very good and prices quite reasonable. It tends to be THE breakfast place of many locals in the Bull Shoals area, especially the retired crowd. It is somewhat crowded inside, but still functional. There is a chalk board with the menu specials of the day outlined. Parking is adequate. Even though this is a non-smoking restaurant, on one visit there were smokers outside and their smoke was drifting inside the restaurant causing several customers to complain -- the management did nothing about the situation. If we are looking for breakfast, we drive the extra miles to visit Connies.

• Visited September 2012