“Excellent Barbeque!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 56 restaurants in Bryant
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Excellent Barbeque!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Who would have thought that t his place in a strip center would have been so good? Not me for sure but it was excellent with friendly service, GREAT food and good value. Can't wait to go back (I don't live in Arkansas). They are award winning and I can see why.

• Visited April 2013

1,564 reviews 1,564 reviews
1,144 restaurant reviews
“Excellant Bar B Q”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Whole Hog Café is located in a suburb of Little Rock---Bryant, AR and just off Interstate 30 on Highway 5 North in a free standing strip center. It does not have a great curb appeal from the outside however the food was excellent. Enter the building and you order at the counter. I had the ½ slab ribs , which were some of the best I have ever eaten. My spouse had the ½ chicken and that was one large “bird”. Two sides, potato salad and slaw made a very good meal. The prices are very good. $11.99 for the ribs and only $7.79 for the ½ chicken.

Next time I think I will get the chicken as it was cooked just right with the meat being juicy and not dried out. The smoky flavor was excellent for the chicken. The ribs had one of their bar b q sauces on them and I would not have selected a sweet sauce but rather a spicy sauce. Next time I will ask for the ribs without sauce and then coat the ribs the way I desire from the selection of six different sauces on each of the tables.

The hallway was displaying many trophies that have been won at bar b q events and I can see why. Very good experience with great prices.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Whole Hog Cafe? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Whole Hog Cafe, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.