“Step back in the day diner.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 59 Restaurants in Bryant
Cuisines: American
Benton, Arkansas
“Step back in the day diner.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We visited this restaurant after reading some reviews. You would never just stumble upon this place, as it is off the freeway and no large signs to it. It is a cute, old timey diner. I had the hamburger and reg. fries. The hamburger was delicious and was a HUGE flat iron burger grilled to perfection with great flavor. I ask for jalapenos and they were added with a generous portion. The fries were not my favorite, as they were soft and flemsy and I prefer a crispy fry. We also had the house salad and a cup of beef vegetable soup. Salad was good, with excellent garlicy croutons and was prepared with a large portion of cheddar cheese on top. Soup was more like a pot roast soup, as it had a large hunk of roast beef meat in the soup. Good broth and served hot. I've added pics of the burger/fries & salad. Unsweet tea tasted like it was brewed in the same pot as the coffee, so I didn't like that. Waitress was friendly and diner was clean. I would go back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Omaha, Nebraska
“Great little locally owned cafe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Breakfast was YUMMY, they have odd hours but, the food is great. Service was also wonderful! Definitely a must try.

Visited July 2012
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Great food great service great prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Best home cooking places around. Well seasoned food , friendly staff Rick, the owner offical taster knows his stuff! You live the step back in time with the nostalgic 50 decor and juke box! Off I-40 West few blocks. Worth the detour!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ft Worth
“Great restaurant, down-home style”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We ordered the chicken fried steak, turnip greens, and fried okra. All were delicious and tasted just like they were cooked by my grandmother (an excellent cook). The service was fast, efficient, and friendly. The restaurant had a jukebox and we felt like we had stepped back to a simpler time. They had several options on the menu and if we travel through Bryant again, we would definitely return.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Home Plate Diner? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Home Plate Diner, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.