“If you stay here, get the main bldg - the ones in the back are horrible” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Blytheville

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Blytheville
Dallas, Texas
“If you stay here, get the main bldg - the ones in the back are horrible”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

The main bldg in front has great rooms - clean and fresh, and they are doing a remodelling on one wing, but the rooms back by the pool seem older.. the room itself had a really worn and dirty couch and, what was really awful, was everything was wet and soggy.. my luggage was damp after 15 minutes in the room.. dont know if this is an A/C problem or what.. the humidity in the room was really bad! Stay in front and you should be ok.. Desk staff attitude - well, asked to change rooms and was accomodated - but her attitude wasn't the greatest..like she was doing me a favor,.. oh well..

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2009

I stay at the Holiday Inn every year on my way to Texas and on my return. I enjoy each stay and the staff is fantastic.

• Liked — cleanliness and friendliness
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
tn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2008

I stayed at this hotel and ate at the resteraunt. It was very expensive, the service and the food was terrible. I complained and the hotel did not even contact me for 2 weeks. When they did they offered me a free meal. When I went the next day to get the certificate I was told that the offer had been withdrawn.

The rooms are mediocre and facing the parking lot. The place is always under construction.

There are many other hotels in the area.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2008

We just needed a place to stay overnight on our way from Michigan to Texas, and Blytheville was a great stopping point.

Currently (August 2008) the Perkins and the other on-site restaurant were closed for construction, which was fine with us, plenty of other options in the area. That also meant no breakfast buffet, and limited happy hour options. We took a peek at the happy hour and it did look very nice, but we didn't partake.

Check-in staff was friendly, but not very forthcoming with information. She didn't tell us anything about the happy hour, breakfast situation, etc. Also their free internet connection requires a password, which we had to call the front desk to get because she didn't mention that either. In addition, despite being Platinum Elite Priority Club members (which is supposed to get you the better rooms), we wound up right underneath the stairs, despite the fact that the hotel was less than 25% full. No major tragedy, it was definitely loud in the morning but we had to get up early to get back on the road anyway.

The room was a decent size, nice TV, very clean, and the bed was very very comfy! Good-sized mini-fridge and a small microwave in the room too. We only stayed one night but managed to keep a few beers cold! However, the toilet was a MAJOR problem. It was extremely slow to refill after flushing, as in taking more than one hour before you could flush it again! Once we discovered this, we tried not to flush unless absolutely necessary. Gross.

At about 9:15pm, just as we were discussing the toilet situation, the phone rang. It was the front desk, calling to see if we needed anything. That was downright strange. My husband stays in hotels more than 200 nights a year, and that has NEVER happened! I was freaked out, since we'd just been complaining about them, it was like we were bugged or something! At any rate, my husband mentioned the toilet issue and they did offer to move us, but at that time of night, we'd be leaving in less than 12 hours, we told them not to bother and just get it fixed for the next person.

Upon checkout, we asked them if that was normal, to call guests at night, and they said that yes, they call everybody in the whole hotel. That just doesn't seem right - after 9pm, people could be sleeping, or "cuddling," or whatever want to do in a private hotel room. I understand they are trying to provide the best service, perhaps because of the current renovations, but to me that was just weird.

Anyway, decent and clean, good location, but definitely some issues.

• Liked — comfy bed
  • Disliked — non-working toilet
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Indiana USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2008

We love the Holiday Inn in Blytheville, Arkansas. For the past nine years, we travel at least once a year, sometimes more often, between Indiana and Louisiana and back, and we always break the trip into two days and stay the night in Blytheville. The property is well-maintained, attractive, and a good bargain for the cost. Room are great as far as we are concerned, recently renovated, very clean. There is a Perkins cafe on site, and lots of fast food around, as well as a Wal-Mart right across the interstate. Nice pool. Very friendly staff. Lots of very secure and well-lit parking. We will continue to stay at the Holiday Inn in Blytheville, and suggest others do the same

• Liked — Clean and Convenient
  • Disliked — No complaints
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Clearwater, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2007

Absolutely awful stay. We saw their signs all over the interstate that if you stay here you get free breakfast in Perkins as well as it's kids eat free for other meals, which I believe to be a Holiday Inn standard. Well, at check in the girl clerk asked the male clerk for change for the $100 bill for payment I gave her because she didn't have enough change in her. He told her if she didn't have enough change that I couldn't pay that way. Never heard of a hotel turning down cash? I did find enough small bills to pay but she still demanded a credit card. I gave it to her and took the keys to my "Executive Room." This is by far the worst use of the phrase "Executive Room" I have ever seen. It was an exterior, (yes Holiday Inn obviously still has exterior rooms) room that overlooked the parking lot with extremely bright lights shining right at the windows.

We just kind of laughed it off and went to eat in their restaurant to take advantage of their kids eat free. Well, before ordering I asked about the kids eat free and the waitress said you need a coupon from the front desk-no problem I never had this problem at a Holiday Inn before because it is a STANDARD and they ADVERTISE it on their billboards but my wife went to the front desk to which she was told we did not qualify for the kids eat free. Fine, again, one night, in Arkansas, let's just make the best of it. Next it took 35 minutes to get two extremely depressed looking turkey clubs and grilled cheeses for the kids which the waitress unbelieveably screwed the order up.

We get through dinner and I attempt to put the meal on my room since the front desk demanded my credit card. The cashier said there was no FOP on the room and called the front desk and they also said I had no FOP on my room. I paid cash and we slept about 5 hours and got out of there without trying to get the free breakfast which I have a feeling we would not have qualified for either for some reason or another.

• Liked — Absolutely Nothing
  • Disliked — Lack of service, not standing behind their advertisements.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2007

The staff at the hotel were very helpful. We booked a room in the "holidome" area. This was a big mistake. It was very humid and noisy due to the pool. The room had a strong scent. It was a combination of Lysol and dirty smells. We originally were going to stay for 4 nights, but decided to accept the invitation from my brother to stay at his house. I would recommend the Comfort Inn across the street. It just recently opened. After checking into the Holiday Inn and seeing our room, we tried to book a room at the Comfort Inn, but there were no openings.

• Liked — The restaurants next door.
  • Disliked — Please windex the glass doors and windows.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Holiday Inn Blytheville? Share your experiences!