“So-so” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Saint Louis, Missouri
“So-so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Just finished up lunch. Ribeye sandwich, fries, greek salad.

The salad was okay, although the dressing (and really the salad itself) had a distinct Ms. Dash taste that masked the taste from anything else; the cucumbers, feta, parmesan, etc. Also, everything was dwarfed by two enormous slices of tomato. I like tomato as much as the next guy, but it should be properly labeled "tomato salad" if this is the focal point.

The sandwich was good (perfectly cooked, relatively thick (for a sandwich) slice of meat). My main complaint, however, was that the ciabatta, that it was served on, should be toasted. Untoasted ciabatta is reminescent of normal white bread. The toasting makes it special.

I asked the waitress beforehand whether or not the fries were steak fries or not. She said that they were not, and subsequently compared them to McDonald's fries. They were not like McDonald's fries and more like the aforementioned "steak" variety. Had I have known this beforehand, I would have ordered something other than the fries.

Also, I must add that my waitress was not attentive at all. I saw her twice, on her own recognizance (once to take my order and once to bring my food). Further, I was the only person in the entire place up unto the point that I was ready to pay for my food. I had to beckon her over to even receive my bill.

• Visited November 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

70% Recommend
Baton Rouge, LA
“Best restaurant in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

I'm a former resident of Blytheville and I hate to admit that I never went to this restaurant. I recently visited Blytheville for my moms memorial and my sisters and I chose this restaurant since it was within walking distance of the Comfort Inn and Suites where we stayed. There was a large group of us and we went right at the beginning of dinner. We were seated very quickly and the waitress was outstanding. She was the only person handling our group and she did a great job. Our glasses stayed full and she attended to our every need. The food! We had everything from the Mahi-Mahi to the Filet Mignon and we all enjoyed our food. I've lived in Louisiane for a long time and I can honestly say that the seafood here was as fresh as any I've had! It was hot, fresh and served to us in record time consider there were so many of us and only one waitress. I don't get back to Blytheville much anymore but I will definately come back to Olympia when I do.

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Used to love this place, but...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

Recently, the service has gone downhill along with the quality of the food. It used to be one of the best places in Blytheville to eat, but then I guess it switched owners or someone else in the family got it. The amount of food they give you is almost nothing. The salad's are decent, but overpriced for what you get. It's actually really good at lunch when you order it to go, but other than that, I wouldn't bother with this place anymore. The staff is awful. They barely pay attention to you. I wish an Olive Garden would come in and put these people out of business. This was my favorite place, but not anymore. If this was like how it used to be, I would have given it an excellent rating.

• Visited January 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Henderson
“The only reason to go to Blytheville!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

The people who posted the negative comments about this restaurant are nuts! I was there last night and had a steak cooked to perfection, wonderful asparagus and salad, and fantastic service. I travel weekly and eat at a lot of different restaurants. This is one that I wish was in the area I travel to on a regular basis. After a great dinner I went to the bar area and had a night cap. Very impressive bar! I was introduced to the owner, George, and had a nice conversation with him and a few people setting at the bar. I told him how I almost didn't come into the place because of what I read on trip advisor. He knew exactly who I was referring to! The hotel I stayed at referred the restaurant as well. I drove through the parking lot of a few other places then to Olympia.....it was packed. I figured I'd try it since so many people was there. I'm so glad I did! Thanks to the server I had, and thank you George! How to see you again sometime when in the area!!

Sherry from KY

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Worst place I've ever been to in my life”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

The server was way pushy trying to sell appeticers, then when we were about to order, she wanted to push steaks. I ordered a steak that was not a good grade with an overcooked baked patatoe. My wife ordered an overcooked Sirloin Filet with store bought smashed patatoes. I over heard the cook tell someone to go to the fridge and get another bag of smash.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere