“Great enchiladas” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Bentonville, Arkansas
“Great enchiladas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

It looks crummy, but don't be fooled! This place is really good and I love going here for lunch.

Visited May 2012

Bentonville, Arkansas
“Will not be going back to Glasgow's.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

Tonight we tried Glasgow's for the first time. We read other reviews and were expecting much more than what we received. We waited to have our order taken, waited for the chips to be brought out, waited for our food and waited for our check. When I walked in and noticed that everyone there was eating a burger or some sort of American entree I should have known what to expect. Once the food finally arrived it was okay but definitely not deserving of the $9 price tag per entree. The waitresses were literally running around the restaurant and seemed to be very stressed and unable to take care of their customers even though the restaurant wasn't that full. We were not the only ones frustrated by having to wait for everything. We will not be trying Glasgow's again!

• Visited September 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Purcell, Missouri
“1970's Decor, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Celebrated a friend's birthday but trying Glascow's. Older building with 1970's atmosphere, and food was excellent. Large portions, served VERY hot and promptly. Everyone at the table had a large variety of items from the menu, from onion rigs to queso to guac to tacos to enchilada's etc, etc, etc. All very good. Excellent experience.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Did you grow up in a time before there was "authentic" Mexican food?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

If so, Glascow's is for you! I don't necessarily mean that in a bad way. My grandmother used to love a similar place because the only Mexican food she had in her youth had come in a can. Curiosity got the best of me and I had to try the strange little place situated in front of the Doubletree. A Tex-Mex place called Glascow's? Yes!

The lunch special consisted of a scalding hot, greasy taco, a cheddar cheese-filled enchilada (no meat for me) and curiously gritty rice, along with some diced pimentos, I think. There were quarter-sized chunks of onion in everything. The refried beans were the only thing I chose ingest. The special was something like $6.50 and my soft drink was $2, bringing the largely inedible meal to a grand total of $10 with tax. I tipped the waitress a few dollars because it wasn't her fault, so all in all I spent closer to $15.

While it's true that my review of the food is not good, the restaurant itself is strangely comforting. They have old vinyl booths and strange red lighting fixtures that give the whole place a rather womby feel. I hear that the cheeseburger is good so don't dismiss Glascow's entirely. I may go again and get a grilled cheese - just avoid the Tex-Mex.

• Visited July 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Modesto
“One of the best mexican meals I've had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2009

One of the best mexican meals I've had, and I've had a lot. Salsa is outstanding. Very large portions. Only complaint: no beer or wine.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere