“Family Reunion in Arkansas” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Batesville
Pensacola, Florida
“Family Reunion in Arkansas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

We arrived earlier than the 3:00 check in time. The manager excused himself and went to inspect some rooms that had just been cleaned. He returned within a few minutes and said he would be glad to check us in early. We had all (3 brothers and a cousin) just driven in from different parts of the country and arrived within 10 minutes of each other. The entire staff was extremely pleasant and accomodating. The manager's wife is a supervisor on the property and went out of her way to make sure everything was just right in each of our rooms. The rooms were exceptionally clean and neat! We asked for recommendations for breakfast and the manager told us to try the restaurant on the property. He said the specialized in breakfast and lunch, but were closed for dinner. We went the next day and couln't believe how great the service and food was. If we had gone to a chain restaurant it would have cost us twice what the charged! They meal was outstanding!! None of us was hungry until supper time. It was hard to believe they served such a meal for the price. The waitresses and management were constantly coming around to make sure the cups were full. Did I mention the view from the hotel property? Absolutely breathtaking view of the White River and city of Batesville. We had 4 rooms for 4 nights and will definitely come back for our next visit.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Covington, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

Couldn't have been any better. Quiet hotel on a Monday night. Nice room, room was clean, good mattress and bed linens and the innkeeper told me that brand new better quality linens are en route.
Just a very, very nice stay in a very pleasant facility. Thank you

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Benton, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

I stayed here one night for the White River 4 mile race. Everything was very clean, desk clerk was friendly and helpful. It does have a good view, decent pool, and good small diner-type restaurant next door. There was free wi-fi and a mini fridge in the room as well. The breakfast was cereal, donuts, bagels, toast, muffins. Nothing spectacular but it was neat and clean. The room was clean, beds were decent. I felt it was a good value compared to other motels/hotels in the area and would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Southaven, MS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

My family and I traveled to Batesville, AR during Memorial Day weekend. Our main goal was to visit either Jacksonport State Park or Lake Charles State Park. We didn't want to be in Newport, but we wanted to be within driving distance (40 minutes or less) of at least one of the parks. We booked a room at the Best Western motel in Batesville because we are on a tight budget. For what we paid, we were very satisfied with our stay. The rooms were clean and our towels were refreshed every day. The hotel was able to honor our request for a room near the pool and apologized for not being able to get us a room on the first floor (another request). The view from our second floor room was amazing to me. I'm a country girl, and I enjoyed getting up every morning and looking at the mountains and into the town below.

I was traveling with my children (an infant and toddler), so I really loved having a refrigerator in my room for the children's milk and juice. I looked at some of the pricier hotels and they didn't offer refrigerators in their rooms. I was also pleased that our room had an iron and ironing board. That was one less thing I had to pack.

The location of the hotel made getting around the town easy. All major restaurants were on the same street and just a short drive down the mountain. Their is a restaurant that sits on the same lot as the hotel, but we stuck with names we knew. The owners/managers were onsite and were actively involved in the running of the motel.

The only problem we had with the room was a broken sink drain. We had trouble initially finding the hotel. My GPS took us right past it, and I had to call for directions.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Milwaukee, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

Just outside of town, best price for a decent level hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Nettleton, Ms.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

I was charged $591.00 for 3 rooms for 3 nights that I did not even have reservations for. I had called 3 times to reserve the rooms and the last time was told that the rooms would not be available. The desk clerk has lied to my credit card company to me and to Best Westen Corporate office and even they will not do anything about it. There was some type of scam between them and the motel that I did stay in to obtain my credit card number. Please tell all your friends, relatives, and co-workers to beware and do not stay at any Best Western or even call and attempt to make a reservation because they may someway be able to get your credit card number and charge you for the rooms and then lie their way out of it and have your money.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
Richmond
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2004

Nice clean motel, no continental breakfast but a excellent restaurant next door.

Been to Econo Lodge Batesville? Share your experiences!