“Nice rooms, Good price.” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Yuma
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“Nice rooms, Good price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

Traveled here on business, The rooms are large and clean, hotel staff are very helpful. The beds are really comfy, and with 4 pillows on each bed you are sure to find one you like. The location is pretty much in the middle of town, and feels like a nice secure area. Easy access to lots of resturants and the mall just a mile away. There is a gas station on the other side of the freeway with Gas and diesel. Easy access to the Instertate 8. There are no smoking rooms in this hotel, and it is all interior access, so if you want to smoke you have to walk all the way outside to do it. The complimentary breakfast is good with lots of choices. I will def. stay here again when in town on business.

Room Tip: All the rooms are pretty much the same.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
California USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

Yes, it's true...Yuma is not exactly a place where one would choose to stay unless you have a very specific reason to be in town or you're on a long road trip and you simply cannot drive any further and need to stop for the night. In either case, you would be pleased with the Holiday Inn Express located right off the I-8 freeway.

I stayed one night in early December a didn't have reservations. The rate was fair, the staff was friendly, the hotel is nicely decorated and comfortable, the rooms were very clean, the heater worked a little bit too well (although in Yuma, I'd be more concerned with the A/C, which I didn't need in December), and breakfast was good, which is standard for Holiday Inn Express. Also, the rooms were quiet, I didn't notice any noise through the walls and the beds were pretty comfortable. There is a pool, a business center, and a gym, all of which I didn't use.

Overall, I'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Simi Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I booked through Expedia but as a precautionary measure, I called the hotel to ask if they were advised I was bringing my dog. This is the second time Expedia had not placed that in their notes. I was thanked for informing them. The hotel is situated off the interstate and when you walked in you can smell cleanliness. Upon arrival, check in was quick and was nice to place my rewards number in the system. The room was very clean and quiet. The doggie walk was between the two hotels and well maintained. Disposable plastic bag were situated in the area. The staff was friendly and gave me directions to the mall which is a couple of miles away. (It was Black Friday). The breakfast consisted of pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon and assortment of pastries, bread, and cereals. A person was there to ensure food was well stocked. The exercise room was small and only had cardio equipment. I would recommend this hotel and will return on my next trip.

Room Tip: Fourth floor is quiet.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Lorton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

Recently spent three nights here. The room was very clean; also nice and cool. The front desk recommended a decent restaurant the first night I was in town. The free breakfast isn't exactly anything to write home about, but it is free. The gym has no weights, just some cardio machines. All in all, not too much to complain about. It was a decent stay for the money.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

I booked this hotel because they are pet friendly and I bring my doggie everywhere. When I arrived, the front desk agent and the manager were very welcoming to both me and my pet. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and new. The grounds were well kept and offered plenty of parking. Being in the hotel business myself, I was initially very pleased, but 2 disappointments quickly changed my mind.
The in-room directory stated that breakfast was served until 10:30 am on Saturday and Sunday, but when I went to eat at 10:00 am, the cafe had been cleared out, juice machine turned off, dishes and utensils put away. The only things left out were a few muffins, but no butter, cream cheese, knives, etc. The cafe attendant even entered several times (to continue clearing the room) and did not offer any assistance. There were at least 3 other people trying to get some breakfast as well. I feel it's unacceptable not to honor the information that's displayed in a guest room.
The second turn-off happened when I returned from walking my dog. I entered the hotel through the lobby and continued walking toward my room. The clerk behind the desk (Ursula - a different one from the day before) said "Excuse me ma'am...ma'am, what is your room number?" I turned and asked "huh?" She again demanded I give her my room number, so I did. She said "hold on" checked her paperwork, then said "okay." I can only assume she was checking to make sure that I declared my dog and that I was being charged the daily pet fee, yes and yes! This nearly pushed me over the edge. How offensive to imply that I had been dishonest. You should never treat a guest like they've done something wrong for no reason. For heaven's sake, my dog is 9 pounds of sweetness and I was one of maybe 10 rooms that weekend, you should be thanking me for my business.
It’s unfortunate that these smalls things would make me reconsider staying here again, but I want to stay in a hotel that makes me feel comfortable. After that incident I could not wait to leave as I felt unwelcomed. Too bad.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

It was a good stay. They have good service and clean rooms. The breakfast is free and they have a good selection for the family. It was perfect for our family of four. We like to stay in the Holiday In Express because you know what to expect.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
So. California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

The Holiday Inn Express is a fairly new hotel it was clean and everything was in good working order. The only reason that I didn't give 5 stars is that it lacked charm or any outstanding features. The included breakfast was just Ok, it was something to eat to start your day but nothing more. There is a pool that overlooks the parking lot but even with temps over 115 degrees it didn't look at all inviting. It is located just noth of the interstate with nothing but a Arbys near by, so everything is a drive. If sometime in the future I have to go back to Yuma I will try a different hotel, there is just nothing to draw me back to the Holiday Inn Express. But If you are just looking for a modern, clean and comfortable hotel I recommend this Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Yuma? Share your experiences!