“Yuma's standby steakhouse” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Yuma, Arizona
“Yuma's standby steakhouse”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Been going their for over 30 years and always enjoyed their food and if you're a local you're bound to see someone! Their steaks are cooked to your liking or else, and the fish is my Mom's favorite (Dad always has memories of this place)!

Visited March 2013

Yuma, Arizona
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I took my husband and other guests here for the first time for his birthday. What a treat! Our drinks were awesome-food spectacular-service was excellent. We will definitely make them a more visited restaurant.

Visited March 2013
Az
“what happened?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Jack and Rosie's for years was hands down the best steakhouse in Yuma. We, 16 of us went as we do every year, and 14 were extremely disappointed. Steaks were very gristley and excessively fat. Most were not cooked correctly and most were cold or cool. The wait staff as always was very good, the lady working the bar also was friendly and does pour a good drink.
The area around the restaurant is a little suspect adn you would not take a walk ater dinner.
Overall we will try and find a replacement for 16 hungry people next year.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Harvest, Alabama
“Go somewhere else, unless you have no choice”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I am in town on business, and have been craving a good steak. This place came recommended, so I talked my travel partner into going with me the other evening. I felt embarassed about dragging my friend there in very short order. The steaks are over-priced, and the service is merely average.
We both ordered the recommended New York Steak (NY Strip, actually), medium rare.
"It will come on a sizzling hot platter, and that will actually help to finish the cooking while you eat it," raved the cheerful waitress.
I must confess, the soup and the salad were very nice, and the Texas toast was okay.

When the steaks came out, however, we were sadly disappointed.
Half cooked, barely warm to the touch, accompanied by a barely warmed-over twice-baked potato, and served on a cold platter with no sizzle whatsoever.
The steaks were cold in the center, and not of a very good cut of beef. (More fat and gristle than one would expect in a $24 steak.)
I will not return, and will not recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Yuma
“This is one of the best retaurants in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Food is excellent, as is service. No complaints whatsoever. Great for out-of-town company! Unforgettable little place - very cozy!

Visited December 2012