“This is one of the best retaurants in town!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Yuma
“This is one of the best retaurants in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Food is excellent, as is service. No complaints whatsoever. Great for out-of-town company! Unforgettable little place - very cozy!

Visited December 2012

65% Recommend
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Not as good as I was told”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This restaurant was recommended, but I found the food nothing to rave about. When I was told they had the best steaks in town, I was expecting something really special. It was good, but I’ve had better at the many chain steak restaurants. It is in an older building with decor from the 60’s.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Service was good even though the main entree took an hour and fifteen minutes to show up.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

First off I'd like to make the point that I was not looking for a discount on my meal. This is an honest review of how I felt about this place and I will not be going back. Me, my mother, sister, brother, and girlfriend went there on a Saturday night. We showed up a little after 7 o clock and we're immediately seated. We then ordered drinks which showed up promptly, then we ordered our entrees. Our soups and salads showed up shortly after ordering, the soup was very good, we all had minestrone, by far one of the better soups as far as minestrone goes that I've ever had in a restaurant. Then it was another HOUR and 15 minutes before the entrees showed up. Me and my brother ordered the Porterhouse which I have to say was the toughest most Grisly steak I have ever had, I have had better steaks from Walmart. I don't feel that this place should be charging $27 for a piece of meat that I could have gotten from A chain grocery store. As a matter of fact I have had steaks that far surpassed this one from Albertsons or Fry's grocery stores. My mom, sister and girlfriend all ordered the ribeye which was also very much below what would be expected from a steakhouse, almost 1/3 of my moms steak was giant clumps of fat. The twice baked potatoes were also borderline burnt. The waitress came by and apologized profusely numerous times about the wait, when asked how are food was I felt free to let her know how I really felt. I let her know how Grisly and tough are steaks were which she then said that she would have the manager come over immediately. About 30 minutes later after we finished our steaks or at least as much of them as we could manage the manager had still not come over to our table even though I had mentioned it for a second time to the waitress. The waitress then brought us our check which we gathered up the money amongst our group to pay, on the way out the manager was tending bar and I drop off our tab to her and mention that I was not impressed and that I would not be back again, her response was "Okay, that's fine." I have heard nothing but good things about this restaurant from numerous different individuals over the past couple of years and decided that I would finally give it a try, I am sadly disappointed and I will not be going back, I should have stuck with my tired and true favorite steakhouse in Yuma which is Hunters Steakhouse. Do yourself a favor and don't try something new unless you have never been to Hunters in which case I highly recommend this place over Jack and Rosie's.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Yuma, Arizona
“BEST STEAKS IN YUMA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I've lived in Yuma most of my life, and only discovered this little gem about 4 years ago. I'm sure glad I did! The steaks are ALWAYS perfect, and the meal comes with amazing home-made soup, salad and a carb of your choice (the twice baked potato is the best!)

The service and staff are always so friendly, but word of advice, if you're planning on coming on a weekend or a holiday, make a reservation, the place is usually at full capacity. The decor is old, but the food and service more than makes up for it and yeah the neighborhood is pretty sketchy so be cautious, otherwise you will not be disappointed. I love how this place treats us like family and it's not a chain restaurant so the local economy gets a boost too.

I don't know what some of the other reviewers were complaining about because I have never been disappointed once at this restaurant, it's always delivered above and beyond.

So if you come to Yuma, definitely check this place out, you wont regret it. I always recommend this place to all my friends and all the winter visitors and more.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saskatoon, Canada
“A diamond in the rough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

The restaurant is a bit dated, but the food more than makes up for. The steak was done exactly as requested, more than enough for one person, you definitely don't go away hungry. The service was good and prompt. I will definitely go back to this restaurant before I head back home.

• Visited December 2012