“Girls Weekend Reunion” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Yuma B&B and Inns
Yuma, Arizona
“Girls Weekend Reunion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

I had the privilege of staying at The Adobe house for an all girls weekend reunion. The premises was pristine and inviting. The owner, Kim Wright was an incredible hostess. We enjoyed happy hour with wine and appetizers around the pool and breakfast was an incredible 3 course meal. Kim encouraged us to relax and hang out.... That's exactly what we did!!!! It was The best weekend ever and we are planning on making it an annual event.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

I stayed for 2 nights in the serengeti room. This was my first trip to Yuma and I stayed on the recommendation of a friend. All I can say is WOW!!! I have never been welcomed with such hospitality, after 5 minutes I wanted to move in permenantly!! The accommodations were exquisite and food was excellent. I reccommend this B&B to anyone traveling near Yuma, you will thank me later.

• Stayed January 2012
Yuma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

The most relaxing place in Yuma Arizona with the look and feel of the tropics would have to be The Adobe House B&B. I just love sitting around the pool or hot tub, sipping on a nice cool beverage and snacking on those creative hors d’oeuvres as the sun sets in the west over Mexico. Kim Wright has turned the nice old adobe house into a spectacular bed and breakfast. She is up early in the mornings putting together her great three course breakfasts that are just incredible. If anyone one is just passing through Yuma, this is one secrete get away that is a must to stay at.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you! I am glad you enjoyed your stay here at The Adobe House.
Regards,
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

The Adobe House is certainly the best kept secret in Yuma....you would never expect paradise and serenity behind the white adobe fence. After a long trip from the east it was an inviting environment to call home for the weekend. I was welcomed with my favorite wine and gluten free appetizers and enjoyed the most beautiful sunset I have ever seen. When I called Kim to inquire about rooms I was quite intrigued by the property and amenities. I instantly reserved a room. Kim gave me the grand tour of the property from the beautifully decorated main house to a horticulturalists' dream courtyard. The rooms are all so very different in size and decor with a kitchenet in each.... There were several areas where I could sneak off to and read a book while nature surrounded. I hated to bother Kim with a gluten free allergy but she embraced the challenge with pure success. Evening snacks and breakfast was a gluten free dream. The food was amazing. I cannot say enough about this desert oasis but I will certainly tell everyone I know about the best kept secret in Yuma.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

I have been on all seven continents, and never seen a place like this. An original hacienda house built in the1930's, retaining many original features of the open courtyards plan, Kim has provided all the modern conveniences and luxuries one can imagine. We stayed in the Serengeti Room which was a joy. Filled with sunlight, comfortable bedding and facing a beautiful pool, the room was a delight, with so much to discover I felt like a kid in a toy store. Fabulous breakfasts, and wine accompanied by the most elegant appetizers at the end of the day, all served with warmth and friendly style. This is a destination inn, and we can't wait to come back.

• Stayed March 2012
Yuma, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Who would have ever thought there was a bed & breakfast in Yuma, AZ! I stayed 2 nights in January, and WILL be back. Kim was the ultimate hostess, from the relaxing music, her exceptional chili rellano breakfast casserole, and the shrimp and wine in the afternoon. I loved the welcoming chocolate covered strawberries and truffles in my room. The ambience was magical and the ultimate stress-free environment for total relaxation. I will be back soon and have recommended all my friends and family to call Kim, the owner of the Adobe House.,

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
phoenix, arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

Forget every other B&B in Yuma.....The Adobe House is a charming and restful Hacienda with spacious rooms, superlative bedding, and a host who makes Martha Stewart look like an amateur. My family travels all over the world seeking gems like the Adobe House and what a pleasant surprise to 'discover' one in Yuma. We arrived as the desert sun was lighting up the sky in a sunset that can only be experienced in the Southwest. Kim and Russell met us with crackling fireplaces, twinkling lights, burbling fountains and full glasses of wine. We just let the pressure of the day's long trek melt away and we sat, relaxing and talking, under the starry sky until after midnight. Brie and apricots en croute, hummus, grapes, home-baked cookies and hand crafted truffles appeared effortlessly. We toured the historic adobe and heard the story of the amiable live-in ghost. Breakfast was a feast...served at the time we wanted in Kim's beautiful country kitchen. Bacon, potato frittata, light-as-a- feather biscuits (fresh out of the oven), and organic jams on morning one. Eggs Benedict (my husband's favorite) on morning two. My secret litmus test: robust, serious coffee with real cream. My cup was always full. I was not disappointed. I have always thought of Yuma as a place to drive through on the way to someplace else....but now, after finding the Adobe House, I'll make it a destination. Kim is a hostess of extraordinary hospitality and her casual elegance made us feel like we were treasured friends coming to visit for the weekend.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Adobe House? Share your experiences!