This hotel was difficult to find because the street address is listed as Fortuna Road, but it's almost 1/4 mile away from Fortuna. The hotel is actually on the frontage road in the southwest quadrant of that area. Just look for the giant 99 cents store, and you won't be far from the hotel.
The first room the guy gave me was a room that was literally right next to the elevator. I didn't appreciate this, as the hotel wasn't full and my room wasn't that cheap; this type of room should be the last one assigned. Since I didn't want to listen to the elevator chime, people talking while waiting for the elevator, the door opening and closing, and the possible vibration of the elevator going up and down, I went back downstairs and asked for a different room. I got a much better located room this time. The room itself was average in this price category.
Everything in the bathroom was in working order, but the bathtub creaked very badly while I was taking a shower. I would imagine they didn't install reinforcement below the bathtub. The people in the room below must have been frightened that the ceiling was about to cave in on them.
There was an iron & ironing board, old-style 19" TV. No coffeemaker, but they have free breakfast in the lobby. The bed itself was comfy, although a tad firm. A nice variety of pillows on the bed.
Breakfast: cereal, bagels, hard boiled eggs, waffles, yogurt, etc.
There is an Applebees which is only 100 feet away (I had lunch there the next day). There was a sign on the Applebees touting beer for $1. There were a lot of construction/highway worker types staying at the Microtel when I was there, and they apparently took advantage of that special, as I saw quite a few tipsy guys in the evening; plus a lot of foul-mouthed words around the pool area. Not a family-friendly environment while I was there.
Parking was easy; the hotel is actually on the grounds of a large strip mall. Lots of shopping & grocery stores nearby. Wifi was free. I didn't hear any plumbing noise. One of the maintenance guys was walking down the hallway, apparently opening the door to every room and letting the door slam shut in the morning... not very respectful to guests who might want to sleep late.
If in Yuma again, I would possibly stay here, but would definitely look around for a better value next time. It was a little too expensive for what it was.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham provides guests the best value, comfort, and service in the area. We cater to leisure, commercial, and military/government travel. Our property features a mixture of quality standard rooms and suites at affordable pricing. We are conveniently located in the Yuma Foothills, just off of Fortuna Road and Interstate 8 (exit 12). Our location offers easy access to central Yuma, Marine Corps Air Station Yuma (MCAS), the Yuma Proving Grounds (YPG), Martinez Lake, and more. All stays include complementary: Continental breakfast, in-room wireless and wired Internet, and local and long distance calling with voicemail. Other property amenities include a heated pool and Jacuzzi, fitness room, business center, conference room, and a guest laundry. We are also on-site, inside of a 29 acre shopping center giving access to multiple restaurants and shops with-in walking distance. We also offer special pricing on group and long terms stays. In addition, we have an exclusive lodging/meal program for active duty military, government employees, and government contractors (please call for details).We are pet friendly with fees and restrictions; please speak with a property representative prior to make reservations. Thank you and we hope to see you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Wyndham, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Yuma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inn And Suites Of Yuma
- Microtel Inn & Suites Of Yuma Hotel Yuma
- Microtel Hotel Yuma
- Yuma Microtel
- Microtel Yuma