“This hotel will fraudulently change your guaranteed reservation” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Yuma
Bountiful, Utah
“This hotel will fraudulently change your guaranteed reservation”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2005

I stayed at the Yuma Fairfield on a business trip last night. I had a confirmed, guaranteed reservation on American Express for a king, non-smoking executive room. I really need the larger space because I travel so much I get clausterphobic in the tiny Fairfield Inn single rooms. I checked in at 9:00pm, signed the registration slip and initialed the reserved rate of $109. I went to my room and it was a microsopic, smokey, single bed room. I returned to the front desk and asked for the room I had been guaranteed. They said the motel manager changed my reservation that afternoon and decided to put me in the "hamster hole" of a room.

After patient and calm discussion, I had to insist that I be given a non-smoking room that had 2 double beds in it. The front desk told me the room I was guaranteed had been "sold out" and my reservation was no good. The desk staff were completely cheerful but utterly unconcerned over the manager's fraudulent alteration of a paid guest's reservation. Subsequent phone calls to the manager have proven futile. This is a Marriott property, not some sleazy franchise! This property has serious customer relations, ehtical problems, and management issues to resolve.

The property is very new, beautifully maintained. I will gladly stay there again, but will definitely call the front desk very early afternoon to ensure they will honor my confirmed reservation and not perpetrate reservation fraud. You can't trust a confirmed reservation at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2004

Have stayed at The Fairfield Inn several times. A very clean facility with a cheerful atmosphere and friendly staff. They always go out of their way to make sure you have what you need. It's not very big and my wife really enjoys the cozy atmosphere. Next time we're in Yuma, we know where we will be staying.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott

Address: 1801 S. Sunridge Dr., Yuma, AZ 85365
Location: United States > Arizona > Yuma
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#9 Romantic Hotel in Yuma
#11 Family Hotel in Yuma
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott 2.5*
Nestled in the Yuma & Gila Valleys of Southern AZ is the newly renovated Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®. Conveniently located 1.5 miles from the Marine Corps Air Station and Yuma International Airport. Golf courses, Hiking, Birding & RockHounding are abundant in the Yuma area. Historic Yuma Territorial Prison, the Colorado River, Yuma Proving Grounds and Crossing State Historic Park are just minutes away. The backwater channels of the Colorado River provide plentiful fishing with 4 kinds of Bass, Catfish, Crappie & Tilapia. The newly renovated Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott is only 8 miles from Algodones, Mexico and The Imperial Sand Dunes. Also located in Yuma is the Wetlands Park, one of Arizona's largest children playground facilities. The Yuma River Tours and the Kofa National Wildlife Refuge are perfect for the outdoor enthusiast! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fairfield Inn Yuma
Fairfield Yuma
Yuma Fairfield Inn

If you own or manage Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.