“Don't do it!!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 36 Hotels in Yuma
Ouarzazate, Morocco
“Don't do it!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Nice enough people there. Cruddy rooms. Terrible smell in the place as well.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Yuma, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Dear capoppy55,

I would first like to thank you for your feedback, and express my sincere apologies for the experience you recently encountered. I would personally like to speak with you about your experience if you have the time. I would ask that you connect with me via email or the number listed below, and I am committed to making this experience right for you!

General Manager Shilo Inns Yuma
mgryuma@shiloinns.com
(928) 782-9511

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Hazel Green, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I was at this hotel for a month. The hotel gave me a great rate and the Staff was excellent. The continental breakfast was decent. However, the internet in some parts of the hotel was a little slow. The place is a little outdated and rundown, but comfortable. It is also right next to the mall and several chain restaurants. I would definitely stay at that at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Yuma, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Dear Nick C,

Thank you for your positive comments, we are always very pleased to hear our guests enjoyed their stay. We look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you to the Yuma area again.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

It was a nice location in Yuma. Nice pool and room for the price. Plenty of parking for boats and trailers.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Yuma, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear guest,

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit with us and look forward to having you stay with us again anytime you are in the Yuma area.

Sequim
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

From the shuttle driver to the security people, all staff people were exceedingly accommodating.

Too bad they have to work for a hotel which does not keep up with the tear and wear. I stayed for six nights, I got a fantastic rate, and feel I really shouldn't complain about the little inconveniences, but this is a place for a review and a review it shall be.

I was traveling solo and was given a ground floor room. The window lock didn't work, and the window which was facing the parking lot, was practically unlocked. When I came back to the lobby and asked for a different, more secure room, I was given a room on the second floor. The carpets in the hallway seemed stained and dirty and the artwork is really dated.

My room was large, had a full bathroom, and a vanity area with microwave, fridge and a coffee maker, and a hair dryer. Again, the carpets were worn and stained, and the room had a cheap feel to it. The air conditioning unit was loud, but worked. The bed was very comfortable and very clean. It was quiet, and I heard no other guests.

The drain in the tub was clogged with a mass of hair. I couldn't deal with it. I found cockroaches coming into the bathroom around the water pipe and stuffed the gap with toilet paper. Next day it was fixed and plastered.

There were two phones in the room, and only one of them worked, only some of the time, so the wake up call I ordered never came. I was right to set up a secondary alarm.

The breakfast was mediocre: very old bagels wrapped in plastic, cream cheese and yoghurt, and disc-shaped egg patties and sausage patties. Apples and bananas. Coffee. Lipton tea. Soggy danish pastries. The toaster didn't work.

The lobby was decorated a decade or so ago and it looks it. The couches and chairs are fluffed up and brushed off, but they are not very clean.

The wireless works sporadically, best in the lobby.

The grounds have seen better days, with the grass left un-mowed, the pool area fence rusting away, lots of crumbling stucco here and there.

The pool and the spa are very clean and a pleasure to swim in, just the right temperature.

The best part about the Shilo Inn is the easy walking access to several national-chain restaurants, and a huge outdoor shopping mall.

I will stay there again if I can get the same rate, because other hotels in the area are comparably shabby, and charge much more.

Room Tip: The pool is open till 10 pm and guests in the rooms facing the pool can clearly hear all the activit...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Yuma, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Dear MayloHarding,

We were disappointed to hear about your experience at our hotel. Our goal is for guests to enjoy their stay so much that they’ll come again and tell a friend. We always appreciate the opportunity to directly address any guest issues as they occur, and strive to make things right whenever possible. We are currently working on some of the issues you mentioned and hope you will return and see the changes that are in the making.

Santee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

My 2 teenage children and I enjoy getting away for a weekend once in a while. I'm a single parent, so I prefer to stay in places with interior room entrances. We recently made a last minute trip to Yuma so we did not make reservations at any hotel. We chose Shilo Inn after arriving, and I am glad we did. Our party included my youngest daughter's boyfriend, so there were four of us in the room. The room was large and clean. We did not feel crowded. The separate kitchen is spacious. The private balcony or patio is a nice bonus. We had an end room, so the balcony wrapped around. The pool is large and was clean. My youngest daughter and her boyfriend used the fitness room and were pleased with the equipment. The breakfast was nice with a good selection. The entire staff was friendly. Each time we met up with any of them they smiled, said hi, and even held doors open. They made us feel welcome and glad to have us staying there. It was only a one night stay as we had to be home Saturday evening. We will be returning to Yuma again, hopefully within the next few months. We will definitely stay here again. We've found our weekend getaway "home".

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Yuma, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Dear Santeebratsmom,

Thank you for your review. It sounds like you had a wonderful time during your stay with us. We do have a great staff and they do try to be pro-active and helpful. I was happy to hear that your room was clean and comfortable and that you were able to enjoy our beautiful swimming pool. Again, thank you for your review and I hope to see you again on your next trip to Yuma.

Olympia, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I think in its prime this was a great hotel. It has since been run down. The room smelled musty and old. I tried to open the slider to the patio and had to wrench the door then gave up. Bugs and hair in the corner of the bathroom. I did enjoy the spaciousness of the room and the abundance of areas to set your luggage. It was dark with all the lights on and the curtain open. I've heard the Microtel down the street is the place I should have chosen. Next time leave the driving to Shilo and head the other direction!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Yuma, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Dear bnj1999,

My sincere apologies, clearly we fell short in meeting your expectations during your recent stay with us. I do want to first thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, which we considered to be very beneficial as it allows us the opportunity to improve.

Medicine Hat
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I had been travelling alone in Arizona for almost 2 weeks and was back in Yuma for my last two days before the end of my vacation. I was at a gas station where I tripped, fell and broke my ankle in 3 places.I ended up in the ER, where I met this doctor who stays at the Shilo Inn whenever she's in town. With my consent, she cancelled my existing reservation and booked me into the Shilo Inn, assuring me that I would be very well taken care of. It was about 10:30 that evening when I arrived from the ER and on crutches. The lady clerk, (so sorry I forgot her name) treated me very sympathetically. She had me sit in a comfy lobby chair with my leg propped while she got all the info she needed and had me checked in in no time at all. My room was great. They brought me a bunch of extra pillow for me to be able to ellivate my leg. They said if I needed anything, just to pick up the phone. They were there for everything I needed. And there continental breakfast is more than just continental. Everything was very fresh and very good. When the lady that was working the breakfast saw my condition, she had me sit down and brought be everything I needed. When it came time for me to go to the airport, I had two great gentlemen who couldn't do enough for me. They took care of my luggage, and helped me into the shuttle. When we go to the airport, again they took care of my luggage and helped me into the airport and put me directly into the hands of the airline I was traveling with. When driving through Yuma, it's pretty hard to miss the Shilo Inn sign. I saw it all the time, but always seemed to stay elsewhere. But not anymore. Whenever I go to Yuma again, which will be soon, I know where I'll call "home".

Room Tip: When booking, be sure to ask if prefer to have non-smoking, pool side, or handicap.If you do have an...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Yuma, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Dear Val W.

Thank you very much for your kind words after your stay at Shilo Inn Yuma. We were very pleased to read that you found the staff helpful and friendly. Thank you again for taking the time to post your review, we look forward to your next visit.

Sheri Doney

Been to Shilo Inn & Suites - Yuma? Share your experiences!