“Food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 20 Activities in Yuma
Type: Game/ Entertainment Centers, Amusement
Activities: Dining
More attraction details
Owner description: Get some local flavor at the state's oldest pool hall, which is no longer a casino but serves up its famous Especial Burger, a combination hot dog and hamburger.
Los Angeles, California
“Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I always make it a priority to stop by Lutes. It is a great place for food. Not to mention, the ambiance is unbeatable. I love this place! My daughter and I had the BLT, and it was delicious.

Visited November 2013

Yuma, Arizona
“If this is the best...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

There was cob webs on most everything hanging from the ceiling with dirt sticking to the webbing. The food is okay if you can keep from looking at the dirt.

Visited December 2012
Yuma, Arizona
4 attraction reviews
“Yuma classic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

If you're in Yuma, you have to go to Lutes (it's a law) ... but you'll you won't be disappointed in the traditional "bar & grill" fare. Try the potato tacos & pour on the homemade salsa.

Visited November 2012
Chandler, Arizona
“Not for children!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

If the food was awesome I'd be more tempted to recommend it, but the hamburgers and rolled tacos were just ok, greasy, and plain... and the only thing that was a little better was the Cesar salad...I would strongly caution anyone who cares about vulgarity NOT to bring yourself or children there unless you want a serious eye full! Some people may not care for propriety these days but a word of warning to anyone who doesn't want a "surprise" when trying to find a fun family place. Thankfully my husband and son left and we finished up the meal quickly...Would never go again.

Visited August 2013
Jacksonville, North Carolina
18 attraction reviews
“Awful smell, peculiar layout”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

As part of a quest to learn more of Arizona's history, my fellows and I stopped by Lutes Casino (a non-functional casino, but active restaurant).

Before entering we noticed a terrible smell coming from inside.
Being the adventurous types that we are, we ventured in anyway, hoping for the best. What we found confirmed our fears: this establishment would not have our business for lunch.

The walls appeared to be haphazardly covered with both disparate and vulgar art items. The smell that attacked us from outside seemed to be emanating from the floor (one of my pals remarked that it smelled like urine).

After this introduction we settled on bottled drinks and promptly left.

I believe that we possibly stopped by this restaurant on an off day (maybe there had been an accident?), but I do not envision myself coming back.

Of note, for art/history buffs: you may find some interesting artifacts and exhibits that make a visit worthwhile, especially if you are interested in the casino scene.

Visited September 2013

Been to Lutes Casino? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Lutes Casino, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.