“We could not get this close and not stand on the corner in Winslow, AZ!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Standin' on the Corner Park

Standin' on the Corner Park
Route 66, North Kinsley Ave., Winslow, AZ
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 8 attractions in Winslow
Type: Parks
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Built in tribute to the Eagles' song "Take it Easy," this small park features a guitar-playing statue.
Charlotte, North Carolina
49 attraction reviews
“We could not get this close and not stand on the corner in Winslow, AZ!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We were visiting Petrified Forest National Park and found ourselves close to Winslow, AZ. So, yes, we went and stood on the corner and took photos. It is on Route 66 so that added to the fun. I feel that we stepped into a bit of history.

New York City, New York
“You have to stand on the corner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

During a recent road-trip, I insisted we stop on our way back home. For any Eagles fan, it's a must! Great photo-shoot opportunities; they even have a flatbed Ford! The town was a throwback to another time; very refreshing! The stop was definitely worth the photo opt!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
“If you go to Winslow you have to stand on the corner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

It was hard to find - road signs to it weren't the best. It was mid-December with wind blowing the dust. As soon as my friend and I started to take a picture a guy offered to take it. We declined, he kept pestering us and then asked for money. He was pleasant, but it was intimidating, so we left.

Anthem, Arizona
30 attraction reviews
“Gotta do it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

To be honest, there really isn't much to do in Winslow (sorry Winslow-ites). Being an Eagles fan, I felt compelled to make the pilgrimage, but in order to sell my wife on the drive from our home in Phoenix (only 2 1/2 hours away), there had to be a lot more on the docket along with a nice place to stay. We combined Winslow with visits to the Meteor Crater and the Petrified/Painted desert, along with an overnight at La Posada. As for the "Standing on the Corner Park" it is "THE" thing to see in Winslow. It is very well maintained and an obvious photo op. Directly across from the park is a family-run gift shop with reasonably priced, relevant merchandise and extremely friendly proprietors with interesting historical stories about the town and the song. Around the park there are a few more shops, artist studios and restaurants worth visiting.

The only negative I have is related to a single individual and had it not been so surprising, I wouldn't mention it. We had just parked near the park and were retrieving various items from the car. While our attention was distracted, a man approached and stopped behind my wife. He didn't touch her, but given his stealthy approach, we were quite surprised when we looked up and he was there. It was early afternoon (around 1:00) but he was very intoxicated and looking for a hand-out. Due to my surprise and concern for my wife, I was a bit more curt with him than I normally would have been, but he moved on without further incident. I only mention this so that others keep a watchful eye. Obviously, one person is not a fair representation of a town and certainly does not reflect on the other fine people of Winslow that we met. Like I said, I was just surprised to find that element in such a small and otherwise quaint town.

“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

There is not much to see there and since I graduated from high school in Winslow I expected more. It is basically just a statue.

Visited October 2013