“Worst hotel ever, and that is an understatement!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Window Rock
Fort Stockton, Texas
“Worst hotel ever, and that is an understatement!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The screwed up our reservation, they charged us $1.25 for a an second egg (without informing us there was a charge for the second egg), so no free breakfast. The room was filthy. Tv only worked to Chanel 13 unless you put each number in separately.
Most important to know, the hotel manager and staff did not give a crap. Whatever was wrong was never there problem or there fault. STAY ANY WHERE ELSE!

Room Tip: Pitch a tent you will be happeier.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Yamhill, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We paid $75 including tax. The room was good for the price with a good queen bed. That's a lot less than the $118 we paid the following night in Chinle with no breakfast or even coffee!

Every interaction we had with the staff was handled with the utmost courtesy and professionalism, including coaching me on a visit to the ER at the local Navaho reservation hospital (and encouraging me to call them if I had any trouble getting served as a non-Indian =). At checkout in addition to my receipt I was given a nice little bag of candy for each member of my party!

At check-in we were given vouchers for breakfast, which turned out to be a full-fledged breakfast buffet with scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, two kinds of hot cereal, cold cereal, gravy, three kinds of melon, Indian blue frybread, milk, and hot drinks including repeated refills at our table by the very attentive staff. The breakfast was of the quality you'd expect at a $150+ motel. We left a generous tip and still felt like we'd gotten an extreme bargain.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Window Rock, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My family had a pleasant and serene experience. The staff had excellent friendly customer service, rooms were comfortable and clean and the breakfast was superb! I am a choice hotels member and was recognized as such at check in, which really makes you feel extra special and welcome! There is one other motel up the road which I checked out of because they do not value their customers nor privacy. If you are ever in the Navajo Nation's Capital, please stay here and I promise ... you won't regret my advice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I spent 14 days at this hotel. I had read reviews that left it sounding only so-so. What I found was a hotel filled with friendly, service-oriented staff. I couldn't walk through the lobby without being greeted. Upon checking in, I was called within 30 minutes to ensure all was in order. I required several business services that were done efficiently and pleasantly. Internet is great in the rooms closest to the lobby and in the lobby. The business center is small, but had all that I needed. Rooms toward the back of the hotel have less reliable internet. The restaurant offers the widest variety of food in town. Most dishes are quite good and service is excellent. The complimentary hot breakfast was very nice. There were three choices on the complimentary menu. I alternated between hot oatmeal and the eggs, sausage and hash browns. On weekends, a complimentary breakfast buffet is offered. Parking is ample. It was a convenient location from which to conduct my business with the Indian Health Service office. One more thing, the beds in this hotel are wonderful. Very comfortable.

Room Tip: Seek a room near the front lobby (101, 103, 105 etc. rather than toward the rear of the hotel if yo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Charlotte, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My family stayed here one night while touring Northern Arizona. This hotel is in the heart of navajo nation capital and is close to anything you would want to see here. Our room was clean and the staff was friendly. The breakfast was very enjoyable so overall it was a very good experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stopped at this hotel on the way to California for a family vacation. The front desk was very friendly when we checked in and we were able to check in early. The room was cleaned well and the beds were very comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family and I would absolutely stay here again. Only negative is that all the hotels in the area seem to be owned by the Navajo Nation so prices were firm and High. But the experience is great: so stay and go see the Canyon. (Canyon de Chelly)

Room Tip: They are all the same
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Quality Inn Navaho National Capital Motel, Window Rock, AZ.

This is the closest motel we could find near Canyon de Chelly, because all the hotels in Chinle, AZ were booked. The drive (about 60 miles) to Canyon de Chelly is very pleasant and picturesque from Window Rock.
I’m glad we couldn’t find anything closer to Canyon de Chelly, because we would have just driven right through Window Rock without stopping, but Window Rock is a “must see.”
We had a very nice room in a beautiful Arizona area on the reservation. This is where the original World War II “Windtalkers” are from. There’s a monument dedicated to all the Windtalkers at the foot of the Window Rock.
The Motel was very nice, everything was brand new. The parking was full and hard to find an empty space. There is an office building attached to the motel which shares the parking lot.
The front desk was not clear in the directions to the room. She told me our room was “inside” so we should drive around to the rear. By inside, I assumed she meant through the lobby.
“Inside” turned out to mean around back, behind the motel. Our room was a “Handicapped Accessible” room, however the parking space in front of the room was not. The nearest handicap space was a good distance away.
Breakfast is not the typical buffet like other motels. They give you one coupon for each person and you sit down like a restaurant, but you order from a special menu.

All in all a great place to stay and Window Rock certainly is a top place to visit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn Navajo Nation Capital? Share your experiences!