“Easy, nice, clean and good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Williams East/Grand Canyon

You added Super 8 Williams East/Grand Canyon to your Saves list
Super 8 Williams East/Grand Canyon
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   800 E Route 66, I-40 Ex 165 Grand Canyon Exit, Williams, AZ 86046   |
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Williams
Milan, Italy
“Easy, nice, clean and good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We spent one night there between Grand Canyon and Las Vegas. I didn't expect such a nice environment. My room was on the back side of the building, looking at a beautiful pinewood.
Such a relaxing atmosphere! Close to Grand Canyon, to Flagstaff and about 3mins by car to Williams and its Route 66 shops and restaurant and railway (very touristic, of course, but very nice!).
Room was comfortable, big and clean, breakfast was good, there is also a small pool if you have a couple of hours to relax. Friendly staff, he helped us a lot and gave plenty of information.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Tom W, Owner at Super 8 Williams East/Grand Canyon, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your comments. Hope you will stay with us again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Polish first
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I had my doubts about "Super 8" (I did not make rez). While the hotel definitely needs updating in all areas, I was very pleased about how pleasant lady at Front desk was, the cleanliness of the rooms, having ENOUGH towels, and the free breakfast. I would recommend you invest in larger bath towels. some of us are not 'skinny minnies'.....

Location SEEMS "far away' from anything...but in reality it is quite close to town and very close to AZ64...we were returning from Grand Canyon.. We ate at Pine Country resto....shops were closing so we didn't have time to look around.

Beds were VERY comfortable. I would like to see larger pillows and firmer pillows. (or MORE pillows - I guess I could have asked!).

Breakfast very nice. Love the waffles, mini donuts.....Coffee a little weak.....

What I didnt love (And nothing to do with hotel!!): the ice covering my car this morning.

I could definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room on south side - closer to trains so you do hear the noise but its not so bad. If you travel in...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Tom W, Owner at Super 8 Williams East/Grand Canyon, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. I appreciate the fact that you took your time to write one. Hope you will stay with us again.
WEST VALLEY CITY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Room and service was good, poor wifi. Motel is a little out of town, but was fairly quite, the trains coming through town did not disturb my sleeping. Building could use some updating.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Tom W, Owner at Super 8 Williams East/Grand Canyon, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write a review of Super 8. We are very interested in hearing our guests opinions. I'm sorry you had poor wifi, but normally we get good reception in every room. We are constantly updating the motel (painting, new carpet, etc) plus we remodeled the lobby and breakfast area this past spring.
TUCSON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Great choice for a place to stay with easy access to town and the attraction we were going to visit. Met all of my expectations.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you very much for your review.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

In 2 weeks of travel we always used Super 8, because usually they have a good value for money.
If you like Super 8 attitude and amenities, don't chose this one.
The rooms could also be decent, but you can say that the owner wants to save money on average details: only 1 small towel per person, only 1 pillow, no refrigerator, no microwave. You find them everywhere in Super 8.
We have been unlucky and found the coffee maker and the hair drier both out of service, is this a exception?!
On top of this, the owner reactived in a very passive way: he didn't apologize, he didn't offer to come and check the coffee machine and the hair drier, he didn't offered an alternative solution, he didn't show at all he was sorry, it seemed I was bothering him!
The super 8 desn't even have the bottle water distributor (you find it anywhere, plus this hotel is at 2 miles from the center of the city). When I told me guess what he answered?! That people drink tap water!
Dear owner: your attitude is very bad.
I hope Super 8 management will do an inspection and ask you to adapt your service and your amenities to the average of the chain.

• Stayed October 2012
Tom W, Owner at Super 8 Williams East/Grand Canyon, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for writing a review. We take our guests comments seriously. Our rooms are provided with 2 pillows per bed and 3 complete sets of towels. These are within the Super 8 specifications. Some of our rooms do have mini fridges and microwaves. I am sorry that you did not get one. The hair dryers are the type that shut off after prolonged use, as a safety feature. I do apologize if your coffee maker was not working properly, but when you came into the breakfast room to use the microwave, I assumed everything was alright for the night. I did not realize you wanted me to come and check your coffeemaker that late. I am truly sorry if I misunderstood.
We do have pure water in Williams and the locals as well as tourists have never had a problem drinking tap water. Super 8 does do inspections on us just as often as all of the other Super 8 motels. We get above the average ratings during the inspections.

Been to Super 8 Williams East/Grand Canyon? Share your experiences!