“Yuck” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 30 Hotels in Williams
albuquerque
“Yuck”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

After driving all day I just wanted somewhere to sleep....I was traveling alone with my son so safety was an issue, but I couldn't be picky. Being unfamiliar with the area I just had to take my chances. The woman at the checkout was extremely nice and helpful....but that's where the pleasantries ended. I first checked out a smoking room, to save 10 dollars....but with no ventilation in the room, it smelled awful! So we checked into a non-smoking room and instantly wanted to leave. Just a dirty, muggy aura to the room that didn't feel very comfortable.

During the night the walls were very thin and I could hear people outside, people next door, and a baby crying somewhere in the building. The worst was the toilet....all night it bubbled and made all sorts of strange noises. I kept waking up throughout the night and at one point went to use the bathroom and the toilet seat was wet and the bathroom smelled like poop! Ugh! I'm guessing the problematic plumbing and smells was shared with someone elses room.

When I woke up and I packed and got out as soon as possible. I checked quickly under the bed to see if anything fell under there, and I found a HUGE bug dying under my bed!!! It looked like a cockroach....from the amazon....probably a beetle of some sort. It was about 5 inches long and as wide as a nickel....gross! I just shutter to think about that thing climbing around us while we were sleeping!

Anyway.....pick another hotel in Williams, ANY hotel ought to give you a better nights sleep then we had.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

I, a hotel employee working in another hotel was assisting a foreign guest in making travel accommodations at this Travelodge. I called at 01:30 PST on Aug 8, 10.

When I called the property, the attendant sounded like he just woke up. I asked him about the availability for my guest. I was abruptly told that reservations was closed and to call back in the morning.

Being in the business and realizing it doesn't take a reservationist to find out availability, I asked him why he could not do it. (I mean he was there.)

Well instead of getting an answer like "The computer is down" or "I don't know how to do it", or "Let me connect you with central reservations for help with that", He simply said "[--] YOU Man!" and hung up.

I guess I don't need to say anything more than "Don't wake them up, they get vulgar."

• Stayed August 2010
Great Falls, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

First, checkin was smooth and quick. Second, room actually hadn't been smoked in. Third, had a problem with the air conditioner and within 10 minutes a maintenance person was working to fix issue and did. Fourth, unlike most hotels that are located away from homes, this one has houses right behind and they have dogs that stay out late and like to bark.. Fifth, the beds aren't the most comfortable, but they weren't bad. Overall my stay was pretty good and I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
West Midlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

We stayed in Williams to take the Grand Canyon railway to the South Rim which was suoerb. However the Travelodge was terrible. The public areas were run down and dirty. I would not use the guest laundy room as it was so filthy. In fairness the beds were clean but the air con unit was ready to be condemned and the bathroom in dersparate need of refurbishment. The free breakfast was pathetic - just cornflakes, coffee and 3 sad looking muffins in reception
We had a thunderstorm in the evening and our bathroom ceiling leaked
Williams is a great town - don't let Travelodge taint your stay

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Ramsbottom, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

We stayed here for one night on our way up to the Grand Canyon. Had a quick dip in the pool as it was so warm but had to avoid the tiles that had fallen off the sides into the pool and the plaster was dissolving into the water - a little dilapidated. The room itself was OK - clean but also slightly careworn. Breakfast was included but although we were up early there was very little choice of food with empty bowls where muffins and cakes should be - similar budget motels on our travels had provided much greater choice and availability. Overall nothing particularly awful but I'd stay somewhere else if I visited again. Williams itself was a great little town with lots of lovely shops.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Federal Way, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

We just loved this hotel. The rooms are so cute. Each one is different. We liked the continental breakfast across the street at The Lodge. Very friendly. You can walk to everything in town.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

My boyfriend and I visited the Grand Canyon in August 2009 and spent one night at the Travelodge in Williams. It was about 45-60 minutes south of the entrance to Grand Canyon National Park.

Overall, there was really nothing special about the Travelodge. When we checked into our room around 11 p.m., the parking lot was completely full so the front desk clerk just told us to park in a handicap space even though we are not handicapped. The room itself was fine. Nothing special, but nothing wrong either except for some difficulty we had with turning on the TV. (There were two remote controls, and I had to ask the front desk clerk to help me with them.) The only other main issue I had was the fact that they charged a ridiculous price just to use the Internet in the lobby. I would have wanted to hop online but refused given the price.

Breakfast in the morning was not that great. I think there were just a couple of cereal choices, some fruit, maybe some yogurt, and dried-out donuts. Nothing fancy. We ended up eating our breakfast on the outdoor patio off the lobby, which was nice. We walked over by the outdoor pool (didn't use it) and thought it looked okay.

No major complaints. We got what we paid for.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Williams Grand Canyon Travelodge? Share your experiences!