“Good hotel ~45mins away from the Grand Canyon” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Williams

You added Days Inn Williams to your Saves list
Days Inn Williams
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2488 West Route 66, I-40 & Route 66 Exit 161, Williams, AZ 86046   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Williams
Toronto
“Good hotel ~45mins away from the Grand Canyon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Decently clearned hotel with comfortable beds. Our basic room (standard double queen from expedia) came with a mini fridge. I LOVE the 24 hour free coffee and tea (with lots of herbal tea selections) dispenser at the lobby. It is a kid friendly hotel.

Breakfast selections are very limited; however, the make-it-yourself waffle station (regular and cinnamon flavour) seems like a big hit with the kids and with those of us with a morning sweet tooth ;). They do have a fruit selection (apples and oranges). There's very limited sitting (~6 tables in total) so be prepared to 1) share a table 2) wait or 3) bring food back and eat in your hotel room.

The hotel is located right off the highway and about a 5 min drive from the center of Williams. It is also located next to a Shell gas station. We find that it's great value and a doable driving distance to the Grand Canyon considering we were only going to make the trek for one day.

Room Tip: 1) The hotel has 2 floors with no elevators. Ask for the ground floor if stairs is not an option for...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sally O, Owner at Days Inn Williams, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for your review of The Days Inn of Williams. We have worked hard to make a lot of improvements to this property since taking ownership a few years ago. I am so sorry you felt the breakfast room was crowded while you were here. We actually have 13 tables, not 6. It is the largest Days Inn breakfast room in all of Arizona but it is still crowded at times. We have decided to add more tables around the pool area in an effort to help with this problem.

I am glad you were happy with your stay with us. Our staff tries to take great care of each of our guests. Please come back and see us if you are ever in Northern Arizona again!

Sally Olson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Hungarian first
  • Thai first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Nice hotel just outside of Williams Az. The beds were very comfortable and clean. We were on the front side of the hotel facing the road but noise was not a problem. Internet worked fine. The hot breakfast was very good. The staff replenished and cleaned the dining room constantly. All the staff we dealt with were courteous and helpful. One maintenance worker saw me struggling with my suitcase to get it down the stairs and immediately ran over to help. If you have physical disabilities ask for a ground floor room as there is no elevator. We didn't utilize the pool and spa area but the people who did looked to be enjoying themselves. All in all- a wonderful stay at an unbelievable price!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sally O, Owner at Days Inn Williams, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for the great review! I am so happy to see you were well taken care of by our amazing staff. Our breakfast crew works so hard to keep up with the demand and to keep the place clean and inviting. Our maintenance crew takes such pride in their work, as they should and it really feels great when someone takes the time to compliment them! I share all of our reviews with our staff and they love it when people mention them!!

Please stay with us again if you are ever in Northern Arizona again.

Heber Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We stayed in this motel for 4 nights while visiting the Grand Canyons with 2 International Exchange students....one from Slovakia and one from Germany. The room was exceptionally clean with updated decor and the most comfortable mattress I have ever experienced. The staff at the desk was friendly and helpful with first aid ointment and band aid for a skinned knee on one of the teens, The indoor pool was nice but the indoor hot tub was a welcome nightly ritual for sore hiking legs and knees, The morning breakfasts were outstanding with scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffles with hot syrup. We brought Folger's coffee bags and made our own coffee with the hot water. (not a fan of instant coffees, but that is a personal preference). This motel is an EXCEPTIONAL VALUE for the money. It has everything and more that we expect in a place to spend the night at a VERY reasonable price. I do not understand why people spend 100's of dollars for motels or hotels. What I find more unbelievable is people who stay at value motels and submit ratings and criticisms as though they were paying the big bucks.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sally O, Owner at Days Inn Williams, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
I am so happy to hear you were happy with your stay at the Days Inn of Williams! We have been working hard to make many improvements to the property since taking ownership a few years ago and have been training our staff to offer the best service possible. Your kind words tell me it's working!! As someone who travels a lot and stays in many hotels I try to look at everything from the customer's point of view.

Thank you so much and please stay with us again if you find yourself in Northern Arizona!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, with more than enough amenities, indoor heated swimming, hot tub, hot breakfast. Very courteous staff. My only complaint is that I booked with venere.com and they mislead me into thinking I could get the room I requested, when in fact they only booked a room. I wanted a king size bed and ended up with 2 queens. When I explained to the desk that venere assured me a king room, they were quite apologetic, but were unable to fill that request. Overall very happy with my stay. Lovely quaint town where every one was willing to bend over backwards to make your stay wonderful.

• Stayed March 2013
Sally O, Owner at Days Inn Williams, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Firstly, let me apologize that you did not receive the room you had requested through Veneer.com. This is a very new On line Travel Agency and they should not have guarenteed you a room we did not have available. If we had it available we would have definitely given it to you, but unfortunately we were fully booked. We try our very best to make each guest happy and I am glad you were happy with your stay regardless of this mix up.

Please come back and stay with us if you find yourself in Northern Arizona again.

Chincoteague Island, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We liked this hotel so much we stayed an extra night. The staff were so nice and helpful, the room was clean and really nice, pool & hot tub were great. I found the free wifi a little slow but there were 2 computers with internet access for free use in the business center. The free breakfast was a cut above average (actually had scrambled eggs & sausage!). It is very close to downtown Williams without being in it and we liked that. There's a Denny's next door with a lounge, but right up the hill is the Best Western where we loved the Kachina Lounge (Denny's Lounge, not so much!). It is about an hour from the Grand Canyon and a few minutes from Bearizona.

Room Tip: No elevator, so if you get a room on the 2nd floor you have to lug your stuff up the stairs!
Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sally O, Owner at Days Inn Williams, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
What a great review!!! Thank you so much for all of the kind words. We are also the owners of the Denny's and Best Western Hotel so I am happy to know you loved the Kachina Lounge but very sad to hear you received less than wonderful service at the Denny's Lounge. We have been working so hard to make many great improvements to the hotel as well as Denny's. I take each review to heart and learn so much from what our customer's tell me. I will definitely be working hard to get to the bottom of your issues with our lounge and make sure it never happens again.

Thanks again, please come back and see us!

Sally Olson

Been to Days Inn Williams? Share your experiences!