“Weekend Getaway in Williams to Ride the Train” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Williams

You added Days Inn Williams to your Saves list
Days Inn Williams
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2488 West Route 66, I-40 & Route 66 Exit 161, Williams, AZ 86046   |
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Williams
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Weekend Getaway in Williams to Ride the Train”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed here 3 nights in Feb. for the main purpose of riding the Grand Canyon Railway train on President's Day special price. Drove into town late on a Friday night, hotel is easy to find and check in was a breeze. The location is off the first exit on I-40 coming from the West. So if you are wanting to be near Main St. and more restaurants, a little too far to walk. There is a Denny's next door open 24 hours I believe.

I booked on line with a AAA discount for a great price. The room was very clean, 2 queen beds on the first floor. Room does have a small microwave (which I was happy to see as it doesn't state that on the website) and a small refrigerator. Beds were very comfortable and plenty of pillows. The room size is a bit small as well as the bathroom. My only small complaint is the doors and hallway are pretty noisy in the early morning. Many doors slamming, we could hear the kids having fun in the hallway (even I have a 5 year old) but the sound proof for the room is not that good. I think it may be the physical build/structure of the place but we tried to sleep in after our late night drive in the previous night.

We used the pool and spa which was great when there was snow on the ground outside. The facility was pretty clean considering there were many people using it. We enjoyed the breakfast in the mornings. There were many small tables to eat at and we never had a problem getting one. The ladies are in there the whole time restocking and did a bang up job. Very good variety for a free breakfast, fruits, cereals, oatmeal, juices, toast, muffins, donuts, make your own waffles in 2 flavors which my son loved!

The hotel has a nice location as there are trees and a hill behind and there were many families sledding right past the parking lot! Didn't even have to drive for snow play. I had family meet us there 2nd day into the trip and the Front desk got them the room right next door to us, which worked out great. We would definitely go back the Days Inn Williams for the great price, value, location and comfort.

Room Tip: The parking lot in the back is convenient to access the building but fills up pretty quickly in the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Sally O, Owner at Days Inn Williams, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
I would like to thank you for the kind review of the Days Inn of Williams! We have been working hard to make many improvements to the property in the short time we have owned it. We love our staff and feel they are a very important part of our success.

Please come back and see us again and all of the new changes as we continue to renovate in an effort to become the nicest hotel in Williams Arizona. Days Inn is considered to be an "economy brand" but we are striving to be so much more!

Sally Olson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Thai first
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stopped at the Days Inn in Williams AZ after reading a few reviews on TripAdvisor. This place is a real gem. For less than $60/night (after AARP discount), I received a basic standard motel-style room, with fridge and microwave, comfy king-sized bed, flat-screen TV with over 100 channels, terrific Wi-fi, access to an inviting indoor pool, discounts at Denny's next door, and a breakfast in the morning of scrambled eggs, sausage, toast, muffins, juice and coffee. Plus the staff were very friendly and personable. Couldn't have found a better place or deal . Thoroughly pleased and impressed. Great value on historic Route 66.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Sally O, Owner at Days Inn Williams, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
I would like to thank you for the very kind review! We take each and every review very seriously and use it as a tool to make improvements to the hotel. Your review tells me we are headed in the right direction as we work hard to be the nicest hotel in Williams Arizona!

Please stay with us again if you are ever in Northern Arizona again and tell your friends about us!

Wachula
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I highly recommend this hotel. I would stay there again in a minute. It's about an hour from Grand Canyon and Williams is a cute town located on Rt 66. The room was clean and the sheets and mattresses were VERY comfortable. There is an indoor pool, which we didn't use, and free wifi. The breakfast was fantastic! All kinds of cereals, scrambled eggs, sausages, waffles, bagels, and an assortment of breads and donuts. There was decaf and regular coffee, teas, hot chocolate, and a variety of juices.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor. It was very nice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sally O, Owner at Days Inn Williams, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review! We have been making a lot of changes/improvements to the Days Inn of Williams in an effort to make it the nicest hotel in Williams Arizona. I love hearing that you noticed and enjoyed your stay with us!

Please tell your friends about us and come back and stay with us if you are ever in Northern Arizona again.

Prescott, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stay at you hotel about once or twice per week as I work at a medical clinic in the area and live out of town. My experience at your hotel has always been excellent. Your staff is always friendly and helpfull. The rooms are nicely decorated and very confortable. The indoor pool area is a big plus and I really appreciate the indoor sauna. When I am up in Williams I either stay in your hotel or I overnight it in an RV I have up there. Would stay more often in the hotel but even your low competivie price can add up a bill every week. Keep up the great work, so far best hotel in Williams.

Room Tip: All rooms have been excellent so far. Would like to try the room with the sauna one day after worki...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Sally O, Owner at Days Inn Williams, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
I want to thank you for such an amazing review!! Of course we all love hearing all of the kudos. Since purchasing this hotel 3 years ago we have been working so hard to find the best staff possible along with a complete renovation of the property. Today we couldn't be any happier with our amazing staff and feel so lucky to have found each and every one of them! This year we plan to complete the last few rooms along with new carpeting in the common areas and the rooms.

Thank you for choosing The Days Inn of Williams on your weekly stays. We love that you find us to be the best hotel in Williams, as that is definitely our goal!!

Brighton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Stayed here with my family as we were visiting the Grand Canyon, its in a great location, perfect for catching the Train up to the canyon. The facilities are brilliant and definately a bonus having an indoor pool as it was really cold outside. Breakfast was good and plenty of choice with a good dining area. The rooms were big, comfortable clean and modern with good facilities that were all in good condition.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sally O, Owner at Days Inn Williams, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
It is so nice of you to share your experience at the Days Inn of Williams with other travelers. Thank you so much for the kind words. We truly appreciate your feedback, it lets us know all of the hard work and training is paying off. I see you are from the UK. I hope you enjoyed your visit to the US and come back again to see us!

Sally Olson

Been to Days Inn Williams? Share your experiences!